• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Releasing an old gen game after the superior new gen begins. It would be like releasing an old CoD after the new is released. I expect to get the new stuff now if there is a new release.

Right. Ideally they would have just released it this year and I think they should have. I don't think it was insulting though because I understand why their priorities are on getting World polished and localised for a global launch. A lot of firsts for the Monster Hunter team here so they deserve some leeway.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Yeah, it sounds like a very Nintendo thing to do, but I only trust Era based rumors.

Still if a remake of LA would appear, I need it. 3DS or not.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I've said this before, but Link's Awakening was inspired by Twin Peaks. So if they're going back to that world, it needs some influence from the new season of Twin Peaks.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As far as I can tell it's just this.

Yeah I dunno how successful it was either, I just didn't think it necessarily indicated a pattern they were starting. But you could be right.

I can't see twitter so it doesn't help lol. But if Nate says it's worthless than trust him.

Can you type out the tweet anyway?

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Right. Ideally they would have just released it this year and I think they should have. I don't think it was insulting though because I understand why their priorities are on getting World polished and localised for a global launch. A lot of firsts for the Monster Hunter team here so they deserve some leeway.
I don't blame the team, this is obviously a management issue and tied to their general lack of belief in the Switch. And when they realized their fuckup they are afraid of disrupting World's release.

At least a late XX release would indicate they plan to release non-World MH in the west as well in the future. (Unless the ineviteable bomb gives them the wrong idea.)

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see twitter so it doesn't help lol. But if Nate says it's worthless than trust him.

Dragon Quest XI should be the first viewing in the January Direct and they will talk about it's western release.
Blizzard is porting Hearthstone to the Nintendo Switch and might be at the direct but that's not indefinite.
As far as I know the Switch will see a Release of GTAV. I'm not sure if this will be at the direct or E3 but it's scheduled to release Q3 latest.
Rockstar Games are also looking at porting an older title to the Nintendo Switch.
Animal Crossing is meant to be one of the switches major releases of 2018 to push it into Christmas. That has a scheduled release date of Q3 at the latest and could be either at E3 or the January Direct.
Dragon Ball Fighters Z is being ported by an outsourced company and will come to switch in late 2018. The reason why it hasn't had a simultaneous release or close to that is because they needed more time to optimise it.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I don't blame the team, this is obviously a management issue and tied to their general lack of belief in the Switch. And when they realized their fuckup they are afraid of disrupting World's release.

At least a late XX release would indicate they plan to release non-World MH in the west as well in the future. (Unless the ineviteable bomb gives them the wrong idea.)

When they release it in the west, I imagine it'll be predominantly for a niche audience anyway. Switch owners will no doubt get their ground up MH game within the next year and a half

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Many (not all, obviously) who would have bought it had it appeared last year won't now.

Why?
1. No hype for the game, and any attempt to hype it anywhere will be shot down by the existence/reports of MHW
2. XX was never a game MH fans REALLY wanted. Regardless of hype, game will feel even more outdated and irrelevant than it did before, after MHW.

So unless you are a Western MH fan who absolutely must get his MH fix no matter what, you won't buy XX now.

I have 600+ behind me on MH3U, and won't touch XX with a pole now (would have bought it last year though). If a new MH game comes out to the West at some point, I will consider it then.

Last edited:

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017

Nintendo still want 3DS games out in 2018. Many of them will be minor games however you should expect another top down Zelda. It is meant to be a re-imagining of a links awakening. It is meant to be the most expansive and impressive 3DS Zelda title to date.

He's got a few more like

Dragon Ball Fighters Z is being ported by an outsourced company and will come to switch in late 2018. The reason why it hasn't had a simultaneous release or close to that is because they needed more time to optimise it.

And

Animal Crossing is meant to be one of the switches major releases of 2018 to push it into Christmas. That has a scheduled release date of Q3 at the latest and could be either at E3 or the January Direct.

Rockstar Games are also looking at porting an older title to the Nintendo Switch.

As far as I know the Switch will see a Release of GTAV. I'm not sure if this will be at the direct or E3 but it's scheduled to release Q3 latest.

Blizzard is porting Hearthstone to the Nintendo Switch and might be at the direct but that's not indefinite.

Dragon Quest XI should be the first viewing in the January Direct and they will talk about it's western release.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
GTA V would be huge and I would certainly double dip to support it. Also already laughing at the usual exclusive cars featuring Mario and Zelda.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017

I mean.. most of those are either old rumors or things that should qualify at qualified guesses at this point.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Many (not all, obviously) who would have bought it had it appeared last year won't now.

Why?
1. No hype for the game, and any attempt to hype it anywhere will be shot down by the existence/reports of MHW
2. XX was never a game MH fans REALLY wanted. Regardless of hype, game will feel even more outdated and irrelevant than it did before, after MHW

I agree with this. I imported it and felt burnt out and just thought I'd wait until MH World. Given the sales of even the 3DS ver. of XX, it's clear MH in it's current format has hit it's peak (although that much has been obvious since Portable 3rd). XX to me feel is like a segway onto the Switch in preparation for the Switch's 5th Gen game. Nothing more. An attempt at Capcom to keep people occupied because World isn't (understandably) on the Switch.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Nah, friend. I'd bet money on it. Ludicrous amounts.

You obviously have connections at Capcom so I'm going to take this post as it being very likely.

And I just don't think it makes much sense at this point. It made a lot of sense to release last year when Switch was still building up its library. Now..it would seem kind of pointless

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I'll get to your first point below, but for your second point keep in mind the $90 SKUs are likely collector's editions and the $80 SKUs might be Joycons or pro controllers. This leaves 6 $60 SKUs and 6 SKUs with unknown prices, which I believe indicates there will be 6 games announced with both physical and digital listings (like MP4 currently has a listing for both physical and digital) and several of those 6 will have collector's editions announced. Or possibly existing titles will have collector's editions announced, like MP4 for instance.

Ahh sorry to be honest I didn't go through the list and just thought it was 18 $60 games. In that case you're absolutely right and 6 games announced is extremely reasonable.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Xeno Blade X and Wind Waker remaster would be great i didn't own a Wii U

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure it'll be at Direct means he knows jack shit and is just speculating. There's really no point of discussing his rumors.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had time to fully review all the listed titles on Amazon and have my final speculation on what will be announced:

- 2 new JoyCon options (be they different colors or controls)
- 2 new Pro controller options (Might we see one that has analog triggers for Gamecube Virtual Console?)
- 4 new CE's/dock options. Not sure what the distribution will be, but I'm not confident that we'll get 4 new CE's
- 6 new retail games, up to 4 of which will have CE options listed above
- 4 new "digital only" games (the 4 SKU's that weren't up for pre-order)

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You obviously have connections at Capcom so I'm going to take this post as it being very likely.

And I just don't think it makes much sense at this point. It made a lot of sense to release last year when Switch was still building up its library. Now..it would seem kind of pointless
They definitely would have moved more units if it was released last year. If it squeaks its way into a H2 release window there will have been many more third party titles it will have to contend with on top of MHW already being launched and receiving expanded content. I just wouldn't see the appeal.

I'm not sure it'll be at Direct means he knows jack shit and is just speculating. There's really no point of discussing his rumors.
Yep, but everyone knew he was full of shit after the BandaiNamco event announcements.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017

Well, like a lot of people have said, the translation is practically done aside from the handful of new stuff XX introduces. It wouldn't be too much effort, relatively speaking, to put a small team on it once World localisation is done. I'm pretty sure it'll come eventually as I'm also certain that Capcom is going to make a new game for the Switch using World's tech and assets as the base. We'll see though!

Edit: Who is this Marcus guy?

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
For a second I thought the Link's Awakening rumor was for Switch and being done in BOTW style open world. Then I saw "3DS" ....

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Let's stop posting twitter rumors, basically all of them originate from other places as Nate said at the top of the page.

Just had time to fully review all the listed titles on Amazon and have my final speculation on what will be announced:

- 2 new JoyCon options (be they different colors or controls)
- 2 new Pro controller options (Might we see one that has analog triggers for Gamecube Virtual Console?)
- 4 new CE's/dock options. Not sure what the distribution will be, but I'm not confident that we'll get 4 new CE's
- 6 new retail games, up to 4 of which will have CE options listed above
- 4 new "digital only" games (the 4 SKU's that weren't up for pre-order)

Oh, there were only 4 games without prices? I thought someone had said there were 6.

Anyway, as I said above the potential CE listings could also be for previously announced games like Metroid Prime 4 or Fire Emblem.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At least a XX localization would create a popcorn thread to follow here on era for a while, so might be worth it just for that.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Seriously, leave the Marcus rumors/speculation alone. Most of the info is from ERA/4chan/ or guesswork based on known speculation.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At least a XX localization would create a popcorn thread to follow here on era for a while, so might be worth it just for that.
Hell, I'd still buy it so I can bask in Prowler greatness on a better controller. Still feel like it wouldn't be worth the effort at this point though.
I'd rather they go full steam ahead on the Switch title with the localization team working to make sure a simultaneous release happens like with World.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's stop posting twitter rumors, basically all of them originate from other places as Nate said at the top of the page.

Oh, there were only 4 games without prices? I thought someone had said there were 6.

Anyway, as I said above the potential CE listings could also be for previously announced games like Metroid Prime 4 or Fire Emblem.

Yep yep! Only 4 from what I saw. I pre-ordered the 14 that were available and six of them are priced at $59.99. That leaves only 4 of the 18 that didn't have prices. I'd have suspected they were digital version of the six games, but obviously the numbers don't add up!

I could definitely see your point about CE listings as well! It does seem to make more sense if we consider that they may apply to games that are already announced. I wonder if Bayonetta 2 could fall into that category.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I would probably get MHXX on Switch if it was localized, yeah. It might be a bit of a boneheaded late move by Capcom but by all accounts it's a great game and the last one I played was 3 Ultimate on the Wii U.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have it on very good authority that Namco Bandai is not readying a Tales of Switch port for this event.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hell, I'd still buy it so I can bask in Prowler greatness on a better controller. Still feel like it wouldn't be worth the effort at this point though.
I'd rather they go full steam ahead on the Switch title with the localization team working to make sure a simultaneous release happens like with World.
Agreed. I'd make that my first MH. Was gonna buy XX from Japan but decided to boycott over the localization fiasco.

Sadly I think future Nintendo MH game might only be for Japan and they ignore western release to push people towards a more mtx heavy World.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Fair enough

As for the CE listings, wouldn't Fire Emblem make more sense? MP4 doesn't even have a release year right now.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Why? World is releasing in three weeks time. At this point it's not going to happen any time before that. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is happening.
Well, during the XX twitter fiasco last E3 the hope was that even if it sucks right now at least they might have something good for the Switch eventually. If after all that they still release a port of a 3DS spin off super late and after the new mainline title, the reality would be that not only they did the 3DS and Switch owners dirty by keeping them in the dark for a long time, but they also never had a plan to release something good later at all.

It should have been last summer. Late spring 2018 would be the very definition of too little too late.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yep yep! Only 4 from what I saw. I pre-ordered the 14 that were available and six of them are priced at $59.99. That leaves only 4 of the 18 that didn't have prices. I'd have suspected they were digital version of the six games, but obviously the numbers don't add up!

I could definitely see your point about CE listings as well! It does seem to make more sense if we consider that they may apply to games that are already announced. I wonder if Bayonetta 2 could fall into that category.

Bayonetta 1+2 are getting a CE in Japan IIRC, so yeah that could make sense.

Fair enough

As for the CE listings, wouldn't Fire Emblem make more sense? MP4 doesn't even have a release year right now.

Well I did list both since I wasn't sure Fire Emblem had an existing listing on Amazon, and after just checking it turns out it does not. So it would be one of the 6 $60 SKUs and one of the 4 CEs if that's the case, yeah.

But previously announced games like Yoshi or Kirby might also get CEs. Or Bayonetta like Burdmayn suggested. That's all I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.