• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be pretty down for a Between Worlds Switch port, or a Link's Awakening remake on either system for that matter (would defs prefer it on Switch).

But I don't see a connection between that tweet and an Awakening remake, why would they use review quotes for a totally different game to promote another one?
.... what if it's both?

What if we get Links Awakening on 3DS and Switch and a port of ALBW on Switch and they sell the two Switch games in a $60 collection. Neither of them alone could be $60 on Switch, but together they can.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'd be pretty down for a Between Worlds Switch port, or a Link's Awakening remake on either system for that matter (would defs prefer it on Switch).

But I don't see a connection between that tweet and an Awakening remake, why would they use review quotes for a totally different game to promote another one?

'' From the study that reimagined Link to the Past with the masterpiece that is ALBW comes the reimagination of Link's Awakening ''
Some marketing like that

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
A switch port of ALBW would be cool, but it would require a massive facelift, some more content, and be digital only. If they want a retail release, yeah it kinda needs to be bundled with something else. A Links Awakening remake lets say?

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's allegedly being made in the same engine, if it is a real thing.

I still don't see a correlation there... Do they normally re-quote reviews for older games to promote new ones?

That rumor may well be true, I just don't see the connection to the tweet people are sharing.

Edit: Some of you think ALBW might be coming to Switch then? That seems even crazier to me! I don't imagine Nintendo will port 3DS games to Switch until they stop selling the hardware entirely.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
A switch port of ALBW would be cool, but it would require a massive facelift, some more content, and be digital only. If they want a retail release, yeah it kinda needs to be bundled with something else. A Links Awakening remake lets say?

It'd be really easy to bundle it with a remake of A Link to the Past using similar assets. That might not be that fun since the game's are pretty similar already, though.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Maybe in the direct they announce bundles of 2 games of Nintendo Select, in Japan they have them in plan '' Luigi's Mansion + Mario Tenis '' and ''Fire Emblem Awakening + Ocarina of time 3D''.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
ALBW doesn't have a USA select release yet, they'll probably be announcing a new batch of games for the program soon.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. ALBW isn't a "Nintendo Select" title in the U.S. yet. Seems like that'll be the reason for a review re-quote request.

Okay glad I'm not crazy. Because thats the exact thing people go for re-quotes for in PR.

I mean a release on Switch wouldn't be horrible but it's clear North America is getting some new Selects

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I don't buy (or maybe I'm just salty it's not rumored for Switch) the Link's Awakening Remake, but it is odd that this rumor/leak lines up exactly with this alleged request for quotes.

Probably a coincidence... and we don't even know if the whole "Nintendo reaching out to press thing" is real, but it's an interesting chain of events.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they announce another Zelda game for the 3DS only I'll be really mad. Why not both Switch and 3DS?

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah I guess for a Nintendo Selects re-release? Not everything is coming to the Switch but the 3ds Selects lineup could use another Bump and ALBW would do that

How is it that everyone thinks its coming to Switch and not just a Seects re-release?

Because ALBW Selects isn't new? Also if the requesting permission for using quotes again thing is true, it suggests entirely new packaging right? EDIT: Ignore me (see below)

ALBW doesn't have a USA select release yet, they'll probably be announcing a new batch of games for the program soon.

Ahhhh it could be that then. I wasn't aware it hadn't come out in the US yet, strange decision.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always very confused when people bring up 3DS ports as some sort of easy or obvious thing to do. I once had the audacity to claim porting OoT 3DS would be a challenge and was bombarded with posts about how it was always a console game first and I'm an idiot....as though that was my issue. Porting 3DS games requires huge updates to nearly every asset because of the resolution and would almost certainly require better geometry to not look like shit. Then there is all the logic around displaying two images which would require a complete rethinking of the UI - because the 3DS offers clear improvements in terms of UI with its second screen. You have to consider how to keep all the features while porting to a single screen.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy (or maybe I'm just salty it's not rumored for Switch) the Link's Awakening Remake, but it is odd that this rumor/leak lines up exactly with this alleged request for quotes.

Probably a coincidence... and we don't even know if the whole "Nintendo reaching out to press thing" is real, but it's an interesting chain of events.

I'm still confused as to how this "news" would line up with that rumor?

STGHMAAV

Oct 26, 2017
With that ALBW new thing, why a remake of Link's Awakening could need ALBW's reviews? Aside from some mentions to the graphics.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
ALBW port to Switch doesn't make any sense to me right now.

A sequel, maybe? Sure. But not a port.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
ALBW is in fact part of the Selects line here in Europe. I don´t understand why Nintendo would bring up its reviews again to promote a new game.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
ALBW is in fact part of the Selects line here in Europe. I don´t understand why Nintendo would bring up its reviews again to promote a new game.

That's what confused me. Selects games are usually the same box art/quotes just with the Nintendo Selects border thing around it. Surely they wouldn't have to ask to use the quotes for that again? It's the same game.

Now a re-release, remake, or a similar game with a "by the studio who made..." type quotes, that makes sense.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I won't be mad, but I just wanna play my Switchhhh. Anyone have a good video of ALBW running in HD in an emulator?
maxresdefault.jpg

Crimm

Oct 29, 2017
That's what confused me. Selects games are usually the same box art/quotes just with the Nintendo Selects border thing around it. Surely they wouldn't have to ask to use the quotes for that again? It's the same game.

Now a re-release, remake, or a similar game with a "by the studio who made..." type quotes, that makes sense.

Having been around for these being fielded, publishers do ask again - even just to include quotes in a new press release, even if they may well be under no "obligation" to do so. "Box quotes" and press release inclusion both merit asking.

Short answer: don't try to read too much into it

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
What if they have a compilation pack for the Switch, I could definitely see that happening.

Bundle LttP, ALBW, and tri force heroes as a combo title.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I mean at this point it's pretty obvious to me the Link's Awakening remake is done by the same team behind ALBW, and that's why they requested the quotes.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
The only Switch port I would want from the 3DS at this point is Kid Icarus. Well, I suppose I wouldn't mind OoT or MM either.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
So Nintendo PR said
Fans can also expect continued support from major publishers such as EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Capcom, SEGA, Take 2 and Bethesda, plus a growing catalog of quality content from indie developers.

Bethesda is obviously Wolf 2
EA is likely Fe, Fifa and maybe Madden or NHL
Activision I think will be a COD game in some form
Take2 is more NBA2k, probably GTA and maybe even a Civ game with the touch screen
Capcom will be Ace Attorney and maybe Dragons Dogma because they did mention bringing new games not on Nintendo consoles
Sega is interesting because they have Valkyria Chronicles 4 but I could definitely see a game like football manager come
Ubisoft would probably be Ezio Collection, South Park, and M+R DLC

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
So Nintendo PR said

Bethesda is obviously Wolf 2
EA is likely Fe, Fifa and maybe Madden or NHL
Activision I think will be a COD game in some form
Take2 is more NBA2k, probably GTA and maybe even a Civ game with the touch screen
Capcom will be Ace Attorney and maybe Dragons Dogma because they did mention bringing new games not on Nintendo consoles
Sega is interesting because they have Valkyria Chronicles 4 but I could definitely see a game like football manager come
Ubisoft would probably be Ezio Collection, South Park, and M+R DLC

I def think Madden 19 is coming EA is not gonna ignore that kinda install base
And COD 2018 will come

Status
Not open for further replies.