• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxcalin

Dec 20, 2017
People also listen to the same music, read the same books, watch the same movies, tv shows, etc etc. What makes video games any different?
The games in question have already been remade. Your argument doesn't hold because I'm not saying you cannot enjoy media more than once, but that OoT and MM don't need remakes for switch, they've been remastered for the 3DS.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I click the link on the first page I end up on a page with games like yoshi switch, kirby, Redout, metroid prime 4 and so on. Did I miss something?
you just reminded me this was supposed to come out. this and Steep are games that are probably canceled at this point

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People who are begging for a double pack of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess need to take a step back and ask themselves why Nintendo would take two Wii U games which sold very well separately (WW is in top 10 best selling Wii U games and TP in top 20), which are huge single player titles, and which were both released within the last four years, and just sell them as a bundle. Especially with the amazing reception for BOTW, Zelda is at peak popularity and a bundle would be totally unnecessary in order to sell those games. To quote many people on here: "It just doesn't make business sense!" "Do they hate money?!"

I'm very curious to see what gets announced. I'm on a bit of a downer about upcoming Switch titles, as the Yoshi and Kirby games seem like they'll be typically shallow (made all the worse by how gorgeous they look), so just one big title to look forward to would make me very happy. But I really don't think we're going to get a whole year of amazing releases revealed now.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Soul Caliber would be interesting but unsurprising.

Devil May Cry exclusive for Switch... I would be surprised.

It probably will happen just for the meltdowns XD
Itsuno did mention a "climax" when referencing his current project. Given that a director has yet to be named, maybe Bayonetta 3 is really an Itsuno-helmed Switch-exclusive Bayonetta X DMC collaboration.

DMC5 is vaporware confirmed.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The big question of this direct I feel is whether we'll finally hear about the Switch's online platform and the fate of the VC.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The games in question have already been remade. Your argument doesn't hold because I'm not saying you cannot enjoy media more than once, but that OoT and MM don't need remakes for switch, they've been remastered for the 3DS.
Excuse me for my misinterpretation then. I agree, i'd rather see a phantom hourglass/spirit tracks remake.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The big question of this direct I feel is whether we'll finally hear about the Switch's online platform and the fate of the VC.

Why do people always talk about Virtual Console as if it was a specific service? It was literally just the brand name that Nintendo used to identify their legacy games, which were sold in exactly the same way as all their other eshop games. It was exactly the same as what Sony did with PS1 games on the Vita etc. I'd love to see old Nintendo games on the Switch, but I don't care about whether or not those games are part of Virtual Console branding, and at this point I'm thinking that Nintendo have ditched that branding (it's very Wii-era). I'm sure they'll release lots of their old games on Switch, but don't get too hung up over 'the Virtual Console' as if it was a tangible thing.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
I knew it was scheduled for the 11th.

Though I've been on vacation for awhile, so dunno if any of the timing has changed because I've been out of the game for a bit and haven't bothered to talk to anyone about it ::shrug::

Edited for grammar clarity

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
I knew it was scheduled for the 11th.
Though I've been on vacation for awhile, so dunno if thinks change because I've been out of the game for a awhile and haven't bothered to talk to anyone about it ::shrug::
It's on now

b4de782e3e4e33a10d1d7edf5a672c4d.gif

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
John, tell us- will this be an extremely big Direct or a ridiculously big Direct?

Those are your two choices.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
This was $99.99 at launch:

2669386-smashbros.jpg

With the Gamecube adapter becoming compatible with Switch, I could see it making a return.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for The Wonderful 102, where the extra one is Dante from the Devil May Cry series, featuring bonus original The Wonderful 101 Switch port (download code only). At the end of the game the entire planet turns into a giant robot, and then a hundred more giant planet robots join together to form a Megazord, and then that Megazord suplexes a supermassive black hole while you mash the shit out of a 'SUPLEX THE SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE' QTE.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for The Wonderful 102, where the extra one is Dante from the Devil May Cry series, featuring bonus original The Wonderful 101 Switch port (download code only). At the end of the game the entire planet turns into a giant robot, and then a hundred more giant planet robots join together to form a Megazord, and then that Megazord suplexes a supermassive black hole while you mash the shit out of a 'SUPLEX THE SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE' QTE.
Yes! Time to top Gurren Lagann!

Status
Not open for further replies.