Amazon lists Octopath Traveler, August 17th

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B01MU9VV36

Amazon.de listed the US version of Octopath Traveler with a release planned for August 17th.

The game will be published in the West by Nintendo and August 17th is a Friday. The games that Nintendo is publishing (1st party + some 3rd party games) are all releasing on Fridays so the date matches previous patterns.

Joseki

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Sales wise summer is the most sensible release window for the game, fall/holiday would be a suicide against Ninty's big title(s) and all the 3rd parties that will be released.

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this sooner than expected from some people?

I was expecting Early 2018 lol. The game was shown off last January

Oct 27, 2017
This is a nice release date. Not much comes out during this time, so I'll be able to fully dedicate my time to Octopath Travelers.

I played the Demo and liked what I played so hopefully the full game is great.

Oct 25, 2017
Where does it state that date on the actual product site?
All I see is the date listed at that third party seller listing.

Jan 14, 2018
I purposely stopped playing the demo to not spoil the game for me when it comes out. So hyped for this one.

Oct 27, 2017
How are we feeling about this, expectations-wise? A return to 16-bit glory days? Or closer to an I am Setsuna level of quality?

Oct 27, 2017
Awww, was kind of hoping we'd see it in June, would've made for a great summer RPG just like the Bravely games before it (I know Default came out in February but I got it a few months late lol).

Then again, if the game was going to come out then I guess we would've heard a date for it in the last direct. Nonetheless, super excited that it's only five months off, wonder when we'll get a title.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612
Oct 25, 2017
How are we feeling about this, expectations-wise? A return to 16-bit glory days? Or closer to an I am Setsuna level of quality?
After the demo, I think that everyone has pretty high expectations. The musics are stellar, the battle system is fun and the story engaging. Really looking forward to it.