• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
If I was a Switch owner I'd want them to put out the first game instead, which is far superior IMO.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
I have never cared about this recent South Park games even tho I like the show but if this comes on Switch I would definitely try it! ¡A huevo!

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Why is this secrecy? Just announce the damn game, man! I'm tired of holding out for it.

Oct 27, 2017
This is great news for people that have not played either of the games yet. I am also hoping we get a date for the DLC soon.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Currently playing this on PC. This is a great game and it's format and flow will be great for the portability for the switch.

Off topic, the switch is just killing it. I never really considered how much portability can help sell a game.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
My guess: planned for a Nintendo Direct reveal.
There's enough stuff for a February Direct at this point, I think:

* Bayonetta 1 & 2 hype
* Splatoon 2 update
* Kirby Star Allies hype
* Stick of Truth
* Ridge Racer 8
* Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
* Wolfenstein 2
* Victor Vran: Overkill
* Battle Chasers hype
* Pillars of Eternity II
* Project Octopath Traveler
* My Nintendo Gold update
* Nintendo Online(?)

...and that's just off the top of my head.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017

* Bayonetta 1 & 2 release
* Stick of Truth
* Ridge Racer 8
* Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom physical release
* Wolfenstein 2
* Battle Chasers release
* Pillars of Eternity II
* Nintendo Online(?)

As for Indies, we're still awaiting a release date for Duck Game on Switch. They teased something a couple days ago:

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

* Bayonetta 1 & 2 hype
* Splatoon 2 update
* Kirby Star Allies hype
* Stick of Truth
* Ridge Racer 8
* Wolfenstein 2
* Battle Chasers hype
* Pillars of Eternity II
* Nintendo Online(?)

Today's stream from NIS is apparently also omitting an announcement for a Switch game for later this month:

three game announcements:
1. new switch localizations (already known in japan and one specifically called out in this thread)
2. new game announcement (indie)

one of 'the six' switch titles was postponed to later this month. there's actually more at this point though.

lot more to do with talking about already-announced games. the big stuff was revealed during the nintendo direct in january - otherwise it would have been announced here. more details about those bigger titles, plus some release date reveals for the games coming out between now and the end of may. don't expect bigger stuff like disgaea or danganronpa, etc. those would actually happen at bigger events (like how drv3 was at psx or how ys viii was in the nintendo direct).

basically, it should be fun - i don't think a lot of people are super aware of the stuff they're bringing over, but don't expect a nintendo direct out of these guys.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
UPDATE: I still have my preorder intact, and it says Nintendo Switch and everything, but if I click the product it takes me to a listing of The Stick of Truth on Xbox One (it says not available too). Interesting

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
It's a good year for third party stuff on Switch.

Funny enough, Ubisoft didn't release any M-rated games during Switch's Year 1. They played it pretty conservative with family-friendly stuff like Monopoly, Just Dance, Uno, Rayman Legends, etc.

Are you hinting at more M rated games from ubi this year? Hope so, i would love to see a port of assassins creed rogue on switch : )

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Probably waiting for the Nintendo Direct reveal. I could see that being the case with the Crash port as well.
Man, I'm looking forward to Crash being announced at the Direct (if it's actually there) lol

"Our plumber boy's worst nightmare has arrived... on Nintendo Switch"

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I'm debating if I wanna finish my 8 hour in save, or double dip on Switch. This game is really good, I think it's an improvement over Stick of Truth in every way.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Hey, what do you know! An Amazon Mexico leak!
https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B079PM9MLK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jqDFAbRJSARVY

The game was listed for February 13 but has been changed to December 31 (placeholder). I preordered it just in case it's real so I'll keep you updated.

P.S. It was only fitting for me, a mexican, to make the thread about a leak from Amazon Mexico :P
Hey, can i ask you why the Eshop doesn't let me use my debit card when i could on Wii U and 3DS?

Also have you paid with Pay Pal does it mark an error when you don't space sorry its that i can't find any clear info :/

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Nope, I'm only commenting on this South Park game. It's nice to see Ubi releasing something on Switch that's aimed at a different audience.
true, its nice to see a game that is not 4 years old ported to the switch. I mean i love rayman legends, but the game has been ported to every console on the planet in the last 4 years. So i hope going forward we are going to see more "current" ports heading to switch.

One question Emily if i might ask. You mentioned that this is the year of 3rd party's for switch, that's a good sign to me and i hope the games are going to do well on switch, but what games are we talking about? are these mostly pre 2015 games ported to switch?(talking about straight ports like doom and not remasters like dark souls that release on all platforms at once)

Hope you can at least tell me that : )

Also any idea when ubisoft is suppose to announce southpark? i mean we are 4 weeks away from the rumored release date.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Would buy SPTFBH on Switch. Just like I'd buy the Ezio Collection on Switch. Make it happen Ubi!

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Would buy SPTFBH on Switch. Just like I'd buy the Ezio Collection on Switch. Make it happen Ubi!
wouldnt you rather have assassins creed rogue tho? Its the only assassins game that a majority of the public missed out on(so for most people its new). It was released on the 360 and ps3 the same year as ac unity came out.

I really feel like its way too late for the ezio collection tbh, dont know how many people would want to pick up a remaster(thats mocked on the internet for being pretty terrible) of almost 10 year old games.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hey, can i ask you why the Eshop doesn't let me use my debit card when i could on Wii U and 3DS?

Also have you paid with Pay Pal does it mark an error when you don't space sorry its that i can't find any clear info :/
That happened to me too! But I switched bankd and it works no problem now, so it was probably that. Try contacting your bank and ask them if they're possibly blocking the charge

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

* Bayonetta 1 & 2 hype
* Splatoon 2 update
* Kirby Star Allies hype
* Stick of Truth
* Ridge Racer 8
* Wolfenstein 2
* Battle Chasers hype
* Pillars of Eternity II
* Nintendo Online(?)

They're now having a separate Direct for Nindies, regular Directs get bigger games. Maybe more about those Capcom's ports? Rumored Square port and GTAV? Burnout Paradise Remaster? DB FighterZ?