• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Sometime in my mind, I read this show's title as Tom Clancy's Simple Jack, Just a Normal Analyst

He ain't no fucking desk jockey, though.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
First season was alright and some of the cast additions for season two are cool. Rewatched Clear and Present Danger a few months back, still rules.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, first season was solid enough. Looks like they ramped up the budget for this one.

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
I really love espionage/geopolitical thrillers, and am often disappointed that there are just not enough or even that many of them around, outside of in novels.

It's a vastly underrated genre.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First season was generally garbage (mostly because of the script) but I'm willing to give it another chance.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Jim fucking Ryan. So glad my man is getting more and more recognition. Jim is the best.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Liked s1, looking forward to 2.

Where my boys John Clark and Ding at. Unless of course they somehow get MBJ in the show

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't get through the first couple episodes of american exceptionalism but series looked solid otherwise.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping it is the modern version of clear and present danger. That SUV set piece from the movie is still one of my all time movie favorites. That shit holds up so well.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
first season was fun. pedestrian as hell, basically the same movie you've seen a hundred times in a high budget show format. but fun nonetheless.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Was that Noomi Rapace in the trailer?

Looking forward to this. Yea the first season wasnt anything special, but I still have hope for the show overall.

Edit: apparently she was in season 1 lol. Don't remember that at all.

Any idea when this should be out? Looks like season 1 came out August 31st. So it should be close to that right?

Last edited:

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the first season. Especially the "rebooting" of the Jim Greer character. Looking forward to this.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
First season was entertaining if not super uninspired and full of nonsensical moments. I like what I'm seeing of S2 in this teaser, plus Noomi Rapace and Michael Kelly joining the cast is going to help a lot. Just hope the writing is better this time around.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Good lord, the premise of this season sounds so goddamn stupid.

I don't know why they're bothering to rip things straight from the headlines (Venezuela!) while also completely fictionalizing them (President Reyes? A nuclear threat? Give me a break).

That said I was interested due to Noomi Rapace being in this season. Just hope she gets to do more than that annoyingly incompetent French security Captain from last season.

Last edited:

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Also, it bothers me that Jack and company seem to be operating in such an overt manner (with convoys of SUVs, IIIa body armor and rifles, and helicopter and airborne insertions). This isn't Mexico or Colombia who are US allies, and Venezuela has a fairly modern military with an Air Force and air defense networks.
When does this start?
November 1. It says so in the trailer.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they're turning Jack into the action hero rather than bringing in Clark.

Especially the part where Jack Ryan and Prince Charles fight off the terrorists with machine guns and save Princess Diana's life.

This is why I didn't enjoy the movie of Patriot Games, they didn't go all-in on the "fight terrorists with Prince Charles" angle

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also, it bothers me that Jack and company seem to be operating in such an overt manner (with convoys of SUVs, IIIa body armor and rifles, and helicopter and airborne insertions). This isn't Mexico or Colombia who are US allies, and Venezuela has a fairly modern military with an Air Force and air defense networks.
Listen, you need to win the hearts and minds at home before you can go and wins the hearts and minds in Venezuela.

p.s.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 is out. Apparently was going to drop tomorrow but is out today. Will check it out.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Why would a CIA briefing play vacuous talking head commentary from the media on a Russian missile test instead of having their own senior analysts talk about what they know?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I just realized this must be a prequel, because

Didn't Noomi Rapace's character die in s1? Or am I thinking of some other character?