• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Finally bothered to watch the second season:

Jack Ryan and his friends straight up committed numerous acts of terrorism and war crimes. This show is dumb 24, and I didn't think that was possible. At least 24 usually involved non-state actors.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I'm 3 episodes into season 2 and honestly I couldn't really recount any of them in detail. Some shit about a boat in Venezuela. I don't think I can finish this.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot this even existed. I didn't know S2 was even out. I guess I might check it out, but S1 already veered too hard into 24 territory without any of the actual fun. Jack Ryan is supposed to be an analyst not a goddamn CTU agent.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Jack Ryan and his friends straight up committed numerous acts of terrorism and war crimes. This show is dumb 24, and I didn't think that was possible. At least 24 usually involved non-state actors.

lol, my assessment exactly. It was sorta explainable from a "black ops" perspective, but that last episode went off the deep-end.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
What I don't like is how such a political show, strays away from the actual politics of things

also, Mitch the senator is supposed to be MCconnel right

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
What I don't like is how such a political show, strays away from the actual politics of things

also, Mitch the senator is supposed to be MCconnel right

This season is a loose interpretation of Clear and Present Danger with an ever so slight touch of The Cardinal of the Kremlin. Technically Mitch is supposed to be POTUS but in this interpretation McConnell or any prominent old school senator works.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This season is a loose interpretation of Clear and Present Danger with an ever so slight touch of The Cardinal of the Kremlin. Technically Mitch is supposed to be POTUS but in this interpretation McConnell or any prominent old school senator works.

I love clear and present danger movie but this just picked the action expanded it with dumb plot points and took out the heart of the story, all the spy gizmos we loved, like I said went full 24 without understanding what 24 was

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
There's such a weird disconnect between the serious tone and the wackiness of the actual plot. It is mildly enjoyable though. I suppose that is an apt description of this show: mild.

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
At least they knew to keep it relatively quick, last few episodes have been 40 minutes. If the plots right now were stretched out any longer I'd probably just drop it, not particularly engaged by any of them. S1 felt like a rehash of classic Jack Ryan with Homeland but at least I was interested in the main conflict.

I usually like the behind enemy lines subplot but it has just been so nonsensical.

edit: Wow the ending went even more off the rails than I expected. S3 needs good viewer impressions to get me back.

Last edited:

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Just finished watching the second season. It's entertaining if you switch off your brain, but the political subplot is beyond awful and the military stuff is beyond impossible.
JFC when they landed a fucking helicopter on the roof of the presidential palace, not a single soldier there, no venezuelan air force, just... landing there like it's nothing. Ok. Then just murder everyone there because why not.

Edit: The main cast's spanish is awful too, but I guess it fits the characters :V

Last edited:

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed Season 1 decently, but Season 2 just went off the rails. People acting stupid (especially the boat dude subplot), dumb plot contrivances, and I just couldn't get into the action with how silly the political stuff was playing out. Suleiman was much better portrayed, even if they made him go full evil by the end.

Hoping Season 3 will be better. I need to go rewatch The Hunt for Red October to wash this bad aftertaste out.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
four episodes into S2 dunno if i'll finish it. S1 was good fun at face value but i dunno there's simply not a good yarn here (and i mostly don't care about the 'realism' implications, Venezuela as a WMD threat? ok whatever... but what do you do with it)

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped through the last 3 episodes to see if anything interesting happens, nope. It doesn't go any where and the plot is so basic, boring and bad. easy paycheck for Noomi though, good for her.

First season was a lot better. Honestly Ubisoft games have a lot better plots than this.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I watched and finished Season 2 on Saturday. There was some good parts to it and overall I liked it but I felt like the villain was a huge drop off. It's not that season 1's villains were the most complex but it felt there was at least more there. IMHO a show like this needs to have a compelling villain, whether they're morally grey or not.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was very just OK.

I like the boat insertion scenes.

A lot of it was very slow, in a way I didn't feel in season 1. The payoff at the end wasn't really worth it either I don't think.

It was short enough though that I didn't feel like I'd wasted my time or anything. I'll watch a 3rd season.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia

Yeah, I found it a tad scary that this is played so straight, is this intended to make American viewers fist pump over their unstoppable power or something?

I feel like most of the main cast should be going to prison for various things that occurred throughout the season.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished. That was some real Tom Clancy shit, and I mean that in every way possible, good and bad.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
6 episodes in....and I'm entertained. Found the first season pretty boring. This season has some people doing dumb things though...looking at you Uber.

raddyo

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Bumping this as I've just watched the first episode of the third season through Amazon Preview. Pretty solid premiere, considering they don't edit it until release.

Interesting timing, too, I'm guessing they are waiting things to cool down to even release a trailer as this season is themed around the Russia/NATO/Ukraine political conflict, and the episode finishes with a bang that I guess does not go well with the current conflict.