• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.

Edit: Once open I'm going to call my local store to verify.

Update: the lady at my local best buy said they officially do not match any deals that are exclusive to prime members.

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Would be nice if the thoughts and opinions on Amazon didn't have to find their way into this thread. Thread should really be able the deals and less about why it is or isn't a place people should spend their money. Save that stuff for another thread.

I think this is the prime location for this conversation. No one's stopping you from shopping (my cart is full), but it's an important conversion and it shouldn't be quarantined just because it makes people feel bad.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice if the thoughts and opinions on Amazon didn't have to find their way into this thread. Thread should really be able the deals and less about why it is or isn't a place people should spend their money. Save that stuff for another thread.
I mean era always does this when it comes to games, I dont see why people think this would be any different.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:
  • The online prices of retailers not listed in the Special Considerations section.
  • Contract cell phones sold by any online retailer.
  • Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers on websites.
  • Pricing only available to select groups of customers including loyalty offers, discounts relating to non-warehouse membership programs and government exchange store offers.
  • Transactions from Best Buy Education, Best Buy For Business and from a Best Buy Marketplace store on a third-party website (e.g., Amazon, eBay, Google).
  • Competitor offers including service prices (delivery and installation charges), pre-order offers, trade-in offers, and special daily or hourly sales.

Nov 14, 2017

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Anybody know if you need to be subscribed to Prime to get Best Buy to price match?

I've been with someone who price matched a deal before in store. However this might be a case by case basis he had to show it on his phone and them verify "shipped and sold by amazon". At the very least is worth a try.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
People should be made aware of the strike though. If it makes people ITT feel guilty then too bad
Yeah it's not really about feeling guilty, at least for me. It's just making it a bit harder to find stuff that people post compared to all the other conversations. I guess it's clear based on the responses that I'm the minority here, so keep doing what you guys are doing. Just found it a bit distracting, but doesn't mean I'm unaware of why people are doing it.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Disclaimer: I've never bought anything from Prime Day and this year looks to be no different. I'm not financially supporting Twitch beyond what Amazon Prime already does, and I use those subs because some of the money goes to the small-time streamers I choose to help out. I have a Twitch-specific add-on to block their ads. I'm aware of the strike. I'm pro-union.

Realize that not everyone can equally afford to only do business with ethically clean sellers (whatever that means). As with any sort of strike, the risks dis-proportionally affect the poor, and I'm not going to hold it against anyone who chooses to act on a deal that solves a need and saves them money from their limited budget.

So power to those of you who are promoting an important issue, but at this point I don't know how someone can read this thread and not be aware of the strike enough to make their own informed decisions. Maybe at some point today I'll see a deal worth looking at that isn't just a price error here, but it'll probably just be another set of "new" posts letting those who skip to the last page know about the strike.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Anyone know of any memory card bigger than 400gb they works with Switch? That's the one thing I desperately need as my 400 recently filled up :(

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Nice! Thanks for the recommendation.

Are the Sony Golds really that bad? I feel like I've heard mostly good stuff about them. Is it worth the extra $25 for the Arctis 7s? I could also just buy a USB extender for my wired headset.

They broke after 3 months of use. And no, they didn't break because I mistreated them; they broke because of a fatal flaw in their hinge design.

FAKE EDIT: I just looked them up and it looks like Sony redesigned them without the hinges? Well that's good.

Either way, I still recommend the Arctis. They're built like a tank (they are made of steel after all) and the battery life is insane; they last forever on a charge.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Switch supports up to 2TB.

Thanks! And OMG right after I post this I see a thread about Polygon and Prime day. I didn't know Amazon workers are on strike for better conditions so I'm definitely not buying anything from Amazon. Oh well i still need a new card I'll look around online at other sites or use Best Buy match. Thanks :)

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Actually, that's not quite right, I've just realised that I'm using the Cloud II. Through browsing around a bit looks like the Cloud Alpha is a slightly better sound but loses the USB soundcard?

Hmmm. Now I need to ponder whether I want an upgrade!
Cloud II needs the sound card because it wasn't built initially to be a gaming headset. Without the sound card, it requires more power than something low powered like a video game controller can provide, so what you end up with is low volume and weak audio. The amp helps with that. The Alpha was built from the ground up with low powered devices in mind and it shows when you plug it into a Dualshock 4.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Disclaimer: I've never bought anything from Prime Day and this year looks to be no different. I'm not financially supporting Twitch beyond what Amazon Prime already does, and I use those subs because some of the money goes to the small-time streamers I choose to help out. I have a Twitch-specific add-on to block their ads. I'm aware of the strike. I'm pro-union.

Realize that not everyone can equally afford to only do business with ethically clean sellers (whatever that means). As with any sort of strike, the risks dis-proportionally affect the poor, and I'm not going to hold it against anyone who chooses to act on a deal that solves a need and saves them money from their limited budget.

So power to those of you who are promoting an important issue, but at this point I don't know how someone can read this thread and not be aware of the strike enough to make their own informed decisions. Maybe at some point today I'll see a deal worth looking at that isn't just a price error here, but it'll probably just be another set of "new" posts letting those who skip to the last page know about the strike.

Good on you for supporting unions and striking workers. To clarify I wouldn't say that buying anything on Prime Day because this is the day you can actually afford something you've needed for a while makes you a bad person, this is just to promote the issue in a highly visible way to people who are able to make that choice.

As for people "not being aware of the strike," it's more than just making people aware about it, it's about keeping it at the forefront of their minds and building momentum to share and spread it publicly. Again, if you're working within a tightly limited budget and this is your only means of recourse, by all means go ahead, but the strike itself should be constantly publicized, promoted, and supported whenever it can, because make no mistake this is a fight for these workers.

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Should be in the OP, but if you buy a 25 dollar Amazon gift card, they'll give you 5 dollars of Amazon credit. You'll need to find the link to it on your Amazon home page and then add the deal to your account.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I see there are some powerline adapters on sale. Are they worth getting? Can't hook up my consoles to Ethernet the way my current setup is & would like to improve on that.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Dedicated thread about it already though. We don't need it here as well.

Striking workers need as much visibility for their cause as they can get, and that means being vocal, being persistent, and being present. People shouldn't only know about the strike, they should have it at the forefront of their interactions with Amazon and be supporting it in whatever way they can, even if they're just spreading the message to others and voicing their own solidarity. They need those voices wherever they can get them, and having them in a thread about Prime Day? That's about as relevant and visible as you can get.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
do not buy netgear CM700 or anything with a Intel Puma 6 CPU. The CPU they use is know to cause issues with gaming; its plagued with alot of latency spikes. Check dslreport forums for recommendations with your isp

Does this apply if you don't game online? CM700 is $40 off and I have a $10 credit. I just stream video, browse the net, and download games to my PS4. Might with Motorola MB7621 though just in case.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Does this apply if you don't game online? CM700 is $40 off and I have a $10 credit. I just stream video, browse the net, and download games to my PS4. Might with Motorola MB7621 though just in case.
no idea, you'll have to do some research as i wrote it off my list after i read that.

Deleted member 42472

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Nice! Thanks for the recommendation.

Are the Sony Golds really that bad? I feel like I've heard mostly good stuff about them. Is it worth the extra $25 for the Arctis 7s? I could also just buy a USB extender for my wired headset.

At least the older models folded up with a hinge on the headband. You then put that folded mass in a bag that is just big enough for the bundle and it inevitably gets jostled around and puts more strain on that hinge. Repeat this and it breaks

I've had mine since shortly after they were available (three or four years? Time has no meaning). I don't use them constantly, but I've probably gotten at least 200-300 hours of use out of them and they are fine.

I haven't checked the prime day price, but overall the golds are a very okay headset. Sound quality is sufficient for gaming and pop music. I wouldn't listen to classical music or things with a lot of bass. They are comfortable enough. It has a mic, it isn't a good one.
But for the high 50s price point you can do a lot better. For my PC I have some corsairs and they are slightly less comfortable but have a much better mic and rotate, rather than fold. Makes transporting them a hassle but minimizes damage during said transport

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Has anyone seen a good Xbox One X deal? Nothing really standing out to me (especially compared to the PS4 bundle)

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks! And OMG right after I post this I see a thread about Polygon and Prime day. I didn't know Amazon workers are on strike for better conditions so I'm definitely not buying anything from Amazon. Oh well i still need a new card I'll look around online at other sites or use Best Buy match. Thanks :)

Nice!

ShrtAttnGmr

Feb 7, 2019
Looking to upgrade my wireless router, any particularly good choices today? Currently only have n, and no antennas. Need more range at the very least.

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
I work for Best Buy,

We will not price match a deal that requires Prime to get. This goes for any memberships a store requires to get the price or any discount codes that you have to enter.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
This is important but I think it warrants its own thread. Let people who want to buy stuff on Amazon discuss deals in this thread without derailing the conversation imho, with a different thread dedicated to the strike. Seems like the best solution but I'm not a moderator.
Nah, people in for a deal need to also be made aware of the human cost. Glad it was the first reply.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I work for Best Buy,

We will not price match a deal that requires Prime to get. This goes for any memberships a store requires to get the price or any discount codes that you have to enter.
Yeah this is a good thing to point out because I was looking into that as you mentioned it. Was reading the exclusions from below:

"Pricing only available to select groups of customers including loyalty offers, discounts relating to non-warehouse membership programs and government exchange store offers."

I think the above is in reference to Prime memberships, etc.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox One All digital with extra phantom controller is a great deal at $199, sell the extra controller & games, you got a $120 system.

I bought this on amazon uk for roughly the same price in pounds, but as i already have the controller, selling both controllers + the included games should bring it down below 100 pounds.

I mainly bought this to play the games that dont come to Ultimate on pc so the cheapest the better.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the 400GB sd cards for Switch.
Are there any concerns of counterfiet cards from third party still?

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I would be cautious unless it's actually sold by Amazon themselves.
Amazon will ship the unit closest to your home. That means they'll sell you units of a product provided by third parties. It's never safe to buy memory cards (or a lot of other products) directly from Amazon anymore.