• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
god, most of these sales suck..................some of these are just normal sales.....i think FFXII was on sale cheaper a couple weeks ago.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Pokemon Center is doing free shipping no minimum (normally $50 for free shipping) for today only in response to Prime Day I guess. Great if you have just 1 or 2 Poke Plushes that you really want!

Emerald Hawk

Dec 12, 2017
New Jersey
Joycons are showing up as about 10 dollars off for me, I just got a neon pink / neon green for $60:
The advertised price displays at $69, but there is a note below that saying my price at checkout will be $59.99 (and it was).

Also, please vote for representatives that will change the law so that workers must be paid for all times they are required to be present, even if it's "unrelated to their primary duties". It is bullshit to require employees to wait in line for a metal detector and not pay them. Overturn Integrity Staffing Solutions, Inc. v. Busk. ( https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/high-court-amazon-doesnt-pay-workers-going-security-lines )

Boycotts can be effective but better laws protect everyone.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
ERA stands with devs when it comes to crunch
but workers having bad salaries, bad conditions and a long ass etcetera from a company that barely pays any taxes?
Nah, give me those sweet deals!!

Pathetic.

I don't buy on Amazon but i don't go to every Amazon thread to dictate what the others needs to do, because it's a part to grown up and understand how the world can't spin around me and put attention to internet tantrums.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
This is important but I think it warrants its own thread. Let people who want to buy stuff on Amazon discuss deals in this thread without derailing the conversation imho, with a different thread dedicated to the strike. Seems like the best solution but I'm not a moderator.

No. Make people feel guilty for crossing the (virtual) picket line.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
No. Make people feel guilty for crossing the (virtual) picket line.
Honestly, I view it as a form of thread derailment. Frankly, I'd prefer that ResetEra just add a feature for events like this that required thread creators to tag the thread so a sticky message would appear at the top of each page of the thread with a link to the boycott discussion. For example, maybe have a regular post button, as well as one with more attention called to it that asked if the thread's purpose revolved a company with an active boycott/protest campaign. I think the discussion could be a lot more constructive, and you'd probably get word out better that way.

Oct 25, 2017
just an fyi for anyone buying today that Amazon pays for propaganda online to try to make you feel less bad about the suffering of their workers

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
The true cost is not the printer itself.
It's like buying a razor.
Even that isn't really true anymore

I was going to go the disposable printers route. Then I saw that I could get cartridges that worked with my canon printer for 20-30 bucks (and less if I went off brand). Now I am actually kind of annoyed that I got such a cheap printer and didn't splurge a bit (get the 60 dollar model instead of the 30).

A lot of the reason this worked back in the day was that Staples would only carry the on brand stuff and you had to go to sketchy ass websites to get cartridges that might work.
Now? I guess Amazon IS sketchy, but they are mostly safe to give your payment info to

Obviously a lot of this is contingent on making sure you don't buy a printer with super heavy duty DRM (or whatever the term would be for a cartridge). I lucked out but it shouldn't be hard to do a quick google of whatever your 30 dollar printer's cartridge is.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
If you shop on Amazon for prime day you just got suckered by a scam. They're advertising shitty airpod rip-offs at £30 compared to the "usual" price of £140, despite it never selling for more than £40.

There are no good deals, and you're a scab if you fall for the scam.

Just use Keepa.com ? That way you can easily check if it's a real deal or not and/or if it's happening again.

The PlayStation classic is 20$ and that's the lowest it had ever been so there's one deal.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I view it as a form of thread derailment. Frankly, I'd prefer that ResetEra just add a feature for events like this that required thread creators to tag the thread so a sticky message would appear at the top of each page of the thread with a link to the boycott discussion. For example, maybe have a regular post button, as well as one with more attention called to it that asked if the thread's purpose revolved a company with an active boycott/protest campaign. I think the discussion could be a lot more constructive, and you'd probably get word out better that way.

Nah, people should know what the consequences are and what they're supporting. If you're buying from amazon today you know what you're doing, and unless the mods step in, it's fair game.

Asking people to take their complaints elsewhere so people can celebrate not standing with a workers strike in peace (in a forum that's supposed to be progressive) is a terrible idea

The PlayStation classic is 20$ and that's the lowest it had ever been so there's one deal.
It's the same price at target and Best Buy and those workers aren't striking today

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
If it makes you feel better, I'm hoping for a repeat of last year's online price error from target, I could use another huge discount again(came out to like 74%ish or more off )

i bought a switch for $114 that day, it was awesome

echo show 5 and 10 has 25% discount if you trade in any existing echo devices, i have a few free echo dots and spots i got over the years from them i could trade in. just decided though i don't really want another big clunky tablet in the house that we'd never really use

the big score today were the people who got the $500-2k cameras for $100, only a brief 10 min window when that happened

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, biggest score would be anyone who got the $3k telescopes and parts for $94.( was a bug affecting prime day making multiple items that $94 price like the camera. )

mr teaspoon

Banned
Feb 22, 2018
I don't buy on Amazon but i don't go to every Amazon thread to dictate what the others needs to do, because it's a part to grown up and understand how the world can't spin around me and put attention to internet tantrums.

But apparently you do have trouble with the idea that proselytizing the Prime Day strike isn't about the individual.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
Playstation Classic console is £15.99 on UK on a Lightning deal right now... I know it's bad... but...

Jul 15, 2019
CORSAIR Void PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset - Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones for PC - Discord Certified - 50mm Drivers - Carbon

I have been looking into getting a wireless headset for the ps4 for a while now and these look like a great match and price, EXCEPT for the fact they're made for PC.

So i am wondering if these will work just as good with the ps4. do any of u have these and have used them on the ps4? or do any of you have any of ur own prime day recommendations in regards to wireless PlayStation headsets? Thanks!

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
I bought the PSVR Starter kit for £180. I know the mega bundle with 5 games in was only £210, but I already have Skyrim, Wipeout and didn't fancy Doom VFR. Plus I want to own a physical copy of Astrobot, so will get that separately in due course. PlayStation Classic is only £16 on Amazon at the moment now too. Tempted to bite.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Picked up some gin, single malts and a 970 NVMe… even though I already have like 2TB of solid state storage in my PC and another 1.5TB in my laptop.

e: Also got the PS Classic because £16 including a £4 amazon pantry voucher is pretty neat and it can't be thaaaat bad....

Last edited:

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Posting here so yall can see a price error.
For anyone interested in buying one of these. They're super sluggish even for light browsing or watching stuff on Youtube. We bought the kids version for my daughter a couple months ago and we stopped using it because it would take forever to unlock, start browser and load a video on YT.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel fantastic and anticipate feeling even better under my new blanket in a couple nights.

And by the way, that's...that's not what scabbing is. Not even what you're accusing me of doing is scabbing. I understand that this is more about clout-chasing than actual, substantive contribution to society for you, but at least learn the lingo. "Scabs" are new replacement workers or existing workers who work during a strike. If this was about more than internet virtue signaling for you, you would know and care what that word means.

Instead, you'll either make some smug comment in continued ignorance of the finer points or ignore me entirely so you can spout off somewhere else.
Sorry that I used the loosely used version of scabbing that the internet uses (which lumps actual scabbers and those who support union busting companies together, so I'll give you points on being annoyingly specific about using the proper term), so I'll be more precise and clear:

You are supporting a company that does not give two shits about workers rights or unionization. You are supporting a company who supports the scabbers. In my opinion, if you support scabbers, you're just as bad as them. Pretty great that you're supporting a union busting company on the day that the striking workers specifically ask you not to so that you can get a blanket for 5-10% off more than it usually is.

As for "clout chasing," I mean, I actually do a lot of leftist environmental activism, and have been arrested blocking pipelines, so, no?

But yeah man keep believing that your small financial donation matters. I'm sure the workers would totally handwave you buying that blanket because you donate $20 bucks a month to "meaningful organizations" (which by the way, lol).

Do what you need to tell yourself that you are a good person while you support union busting companies on the day of a worker's strike.

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
CORSAIR Void PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset - Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones for PC - Discord Certified - 50mm Drivers - Carbon

I have been looking into getting a wireless headset for the ps4 for a while now and these look like a great match and price, EXCEPT for the fact they're made for PC.

So i am wondering if these will work just as good with the ps4. do any of u have these and have used them on the ps4? or do any of you have any of ur own prime day recommendations in regards to wireless PlayStation headsets? Thanks!

I've heard this is great. I use the Arctis Pro Wireless at home and its also really good (albeit much more expensive).

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Ahh didn't realize thats why Wario stopped posting. Respect.

I'd respect him more if he backed it up by never using devices made in Foxconn factories. Why are American workers worth his boycott but Chinese workers aren't?

Is Nioh @ $10 worth it, especially if I like Dark Souls?

For 10 yes. It got really boring really fast though. One of my biggest full-price regrets this generation. You spend more time in your inventory than you will actually fighting.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017

I've heard this is great. I use the Arctis Pro Wireless at home and its also really good (albeit much more expensive).
if you are using this with ps4, please note Arctis 7 does NOT have PS4 chatmix (manually mixing game and party chat volume).

I've used the special yellow version from Best buy for ps4 before. It works but all my friends complained my mic would randomly have bursts of feedback. Happened enough that I had to stop using them

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry that I used the loosely used version of scabbing that the internet uses, so I'll be more precise and clear:

You are supporting a company that does not give two shits about workers rights or unionization. You are supporting a company who supports the scabbers. In my opinion, if you support scabbers, you're just as bad as them. Pretty great that you're supporting a union busting company on the day that the striking workers specifically ask you not to so that you can get a blanket for 5-10% off more than it usually is.

As for "clout chasing," I mean, I actually do a lot of leftist environmental activism, and have been arrested blocking pipelines, so, no?

But yeah man keep believing that your small financial donation matters. I'm sure the workers would totally handwave you buying that blanket because you donation $20 bucks a month to "meaningful organizations" (which by the way, lol).

Do what you need to tell yourself that you are a good person while you support union busting companies on the day of a worker's strike.
The "internet" uses that term because it doesn't know any better. No reason for you to perpetuate that.

And that's one way to characterize the shopping *most* Prime members are doing on Prime Day. The "everybody is awful" approach isn't realistic or productive if progress is the goal of progressivism, but you'll have plenty of company in taking it and this is the right audience. And even if I were donating just the weirdly specific amount you think I am, I guarantee you that would be more impactful than skipping a few streams and telling strangers on the internet they have to contribute the same way I do or they're "scabs". Maybe you're doing more than that, and I'm personally far more proud of the hours I've put in through pro bono work than the dollar amount, but most of the people patting themselves on the back can't make the same claim you can.

My point is that there are many people who find a lot of ways to put their time and money towards important causes and that this "strategy" of utter dismissal if they don't supplement that the same way you choose to is very inappropriate.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
For anyone interested in buying one of these. They're super sluggish even for light browsing or watching stuff on Youtube. We bought the kids version for my daughter a couple months ago and we stopped using it because it would take forever to unlock, start browser and load a video on YT.
Yeah, honestly, I wish Amazon would increase the RAM in future low-end Fire tablets. I don't really expect anything more than mediocrity out of Fire tablets, but the lower-spec ones are just bad for most tasks.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
I'd respect him more if he backed it up by never using devices made in Foxconn factories. Why are American workers worth his boycott but Chinese workers aren't?

Wokeness is real in this thread.

Yeah, honestly, I wish Amazon would increase the RAM in future low-end Fire tablets. I don't really expect anything more than mediocrity out of Fire tablets, but the lower-spec ones are just bad for most tasks.

This is the latest iteration of the tablet...is it still that bad?

Also FYI, these are also loaded with spam/ads when using it for general use.