• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Only a few items for me so far, a laptop for my dad, a couple games that were on my wishlist and that's it. Hopefully some more games go on sale, not too impressed so far.

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
nothing too interesting for me this year. I'd jump at a PS4 Slim if it was alone for 30% off, but I'll wait until Black Friday and see what comes then. (I want a PS4 for Persona 5 Royal, also want to see how the PS5 pans out on release date)

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Got some nice deals for Adidas and Timberland off their websites. Grabbed a 512gb Lexar microsd card for $54. Let's see how bad/good it will be.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
nothing too interesting for me this year. I'd jump at a PS4 Slim if it was alone for 30% off, but I'll wait until Black Friday and see what comes then. (I want a PS4 for Persona 5 Royal, also want to see how the PS5 pans out on release date)
They had a Pro with Spider-Man and Horizons for $299. Not the slim but a darn good deal.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Anyone getting the Sony Gold should look at the Cloud Flight. It's also on sale and is infinitely better.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I've got a 10-year old HDTV I'm quite happy with. I'm not too keen on huge bucks for ultra HD when 1080p is enough for me (and often 720).
It's certainly a good point and you could save around $100 most likely but would need to wait till probably BF. It also depends on which games you want to play as some will perform better with 1080p on the Pro.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I've got a 10-year old HDTV I'm quite happy with. I'm not too keen on huge bucks for ultra HD when 1080p is enough for me (and often 720).

Also there's still barely any 4K content. 4K UHD BDs aren't coming out as fast as Blu-rays did. And cable TV still can't even do 1080p let alone 4K. All tv broadcasts are still 720p/1080i. I don't really see the necessity in upgrading unless you game a lot on a high end PC for consistent and real 4K usage.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just ordered AirPods. Only $15 off and not a deal for prime day, I don't think.

Also the TurboGrafx-16 mini is up for Prime members.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Probably wait until Black Friday. Last year they were going for $200 w/ Spider Man. I image they'll have the same deal this year maybe even cheaper since next gen is coming next year.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Decent deals on golf clubs if you need a beginner set. My girlfriend got a good starter set for like $400.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I'm thoroughly unimpressed with this sale thus far. But I'm not gonna pretend I wouldn't buy more shit if the prices were actually good.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone purchase/recommendations for a second monitor? looking for something no bigger than 21 inches due to limited space, so the smaller the better tbh.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone purchase/recommendations for a second monitor? looking for something no bigger than 21 inches due to limited space, so the smaller the better tbh.
I second this, but actually looking for an even smaller recommendation. Say 9-12" primarily it's just going to be used to monitor streaming software.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up biting on the Philips hue/echo dot combo for $62. Figured I get two more newest get Hue bulbs for $20 a pop and just sell the dot. A 2 pack for the newest bulbs come in at $90 of disgust lol.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I spent a lot, but should get some decent cash back. Tallying it up..

- Echo Dot trade in, basically got the 3rd gen for 12$ after all the discounts

- Samsung QR70 soundbar (15% cash back) + speakers
- Nespresso machine + 30 capsules
- Dash cam

- Classic Brands Queen matress
- Bedframe
- Linens

- Portable camping cookware set, 2 ultralight camping stoves, utensil kit
- 2x SanDisk 64GB MicroSD
- Algorithms to Live By (book)

- Soylent shake (cocoa)
- Kind bars
- Big box o oatmeal
- Gummy vitamins
- Gatorade powder canister
- Your Name (bluray)

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got a nice 144hz monitor and thought I was all done spending.

wPl342m.jpg

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much it would help if everyone purposely didn't do 1/2 day shipping

Deleted member 24624

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nothing much for me this year really. Last Action Hero, Akira, Roger Rabbit, and a couple other blu-rays. Black Friday is usually the best time for deals.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Doing some heavy storage upgrades.

Got a nice 1tb NVMe drive for my main drive and a huge 4TB hdd for just space. Going from a 250gb SSD main drive and a 1tb hdd.

Will probably use that ssd for games that would take advantage of the speed.

Upgraded my ram from 16gb 2133 8x2 sticks to 32gb 3600 8x4 ones. Even if I'm probably won't see much performance increase lol

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Casually checked throughout the day. For a normal Amazon buyer (same day shipping is a great perk), I didn't buy anything today. There was some decent deals but nothing "incredible". This happened last year as well.

To anyone thats on the fence for buying anything I would advise to wait. A lot of these deals you see throughout the year (and sometimes better). Prime Day isn't "Crazy deals act now" just a collection of deals that would normally be spread out a little bit.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Depending on your processor, (ryzen is especially bandwidth hungry) you could still see a pretty decent gain.

Nah still using an intel i5 6600k. I want to wait till next year to upgrade gpu, cpu, cooling, etc. My storage which I really need and ram boost I'm getting which I could use, I feel won't see much gains at an affordable price by the time I upgrade the rest of my build next year. So just bought them now.

RetroGiant

Oct 25, 2017
Bumblebee is on sale for $7.99 digital hd, $12.99 digital 4K, and $9.99 Blu-ray/dvd/digital. Was trying to find some other movie deals but Blu-ray.com won't load.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
i wanted that RTX 2060 laptop so bad for $999 that shit was by far the biggest steal of the day, can't believe i missed it and am stuck on a waiting list that i know won't hold.

GGGGAAAAHHHHHHH

Seiez

Oct 29, 2017
I need some era advice. I want to buy a macbook for work. I don´t intend to use it for gaming or other things (i have a suitable pc for that).

Is this a good deal? The point is not if a macbook is good or not or if i should look for other options. I just want to know if the conditions are ok.

I don´t really get iterative tech and always get the feeling that i buy the wrong stuff.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I need some era advice. I want to buy a macbook for work. I don´t intend to use it for gaming or other things (i have a suitable pc for that).

Is this a good deal? The point is not if a macbook is good or not or if i should look for other options. I just want to know if the conditions are ok.

I don´t really get iterative tech and always get the feeling that i buy the wrong stuff.
I really wouldn't recommend you get that one. It's a model that's recently been discontinued, and hadn't been updated in a very long time. It's got a single USB-C port - that's it. Meaning if you're charging the laptop, there's no way to plug anything else in. And regardless of your gaming plans, that's a seriously weak CPU even for just work.

I'd say go for a new MacBook Air for around the same price. You'll get a much better CPU, twice the peripheral ports, a better screen, faster storage, Touch ID...

Seiez

Oct 29, 2017
thank you for the fast reply. i feared that it was an old model and that the price is primarly driven by the storage being 512gb

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dont see many good deals, but I grabbed God of War for $20. Finally have time to play it over summer break

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
The 1TB SSD I bought will house steam games so that's gaming related.. Woo!
I also got a refurbished Vitamix blender that I'm WAY more excited about.

I need a switch pro controller or something equivalent. Anyone got anything for me?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I don't see it discussed here. Amazon had a new deal today, which is kind of annoying that they waited a day:

• Spend $100, Get $10 Amazon Credit
  • Spend $200, Get $22 Amazon Credit
  • Spend $500, Get $60 Amazon Credit

I had already spent more than $500 yesterday. I contacted them just now on Chat Support and said this below, and was told I would receive the credit when my items are delivered.

"I bought that in good faith assuming it was the best offer for Prime subscribers, then today I see a new deal was added, spend $500 via the Amazon app and get a $60 promotional credit. I would have waited to buy today if I had known. I am hoping you will honor that deal please."