• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Prime Day in Germany is bullshit again, like every goddamn year. The only good thing I've found so far is the 10€ coupon you get for buying a 100€ gift card.

Soulja

Dec 25, 2017
Amazon normally inflate a lot prices leading up to prime day then make out you're getting a good deal when you really are not but obviously there are still a few good deals to be had.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Hm, can get a Uplay code for Assassins Creed Odyssey Gold Edition which includes the Season Pass for about £25 from Amazon UK.

Tempting.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stand in solidarity with the striking workers and don't buy anything from Amazon. Don't use Twitch.
Came in here to say this. At least try.

This is important but I think it warrants its own thread. Let people who want to buy stuff on Amazon discuss deals in this thread without derailing the conversation imho, with a different thread dedicated to the strike. Seems like the best solution but I'm not a moderator.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Prime Day Concert /w Taylor Swift (Free with prime)

first live performance of you need to calm down

giphy.gif

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Struggling to find anything truly interesting for me here in Italy. It's not that the deals are bad, there's some solid stuff on the gaming side for example, but nothing I've seen so far screams "it'll not get this low for the foreseeable future so jump in quick", plus a lot of things that are okay are things I bought not long ago (eg. a laptop). I recently moved so I've been looking for a bit of furniture and household useful stuff (both electronic and otherwise), but there's truly nothing groundbreaking. I'll keep an eye on the updated deals from time to time but this may be the time I just don't really bother.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
This is important but I think it warrants its own thread. Let people who want to buy stuff on Amazon discuss deals in this thread without derailing the conversation imho, with a different thread dedicated to the strike. Seems like the best solution but I'm not a moderator.
I don't want to hijack this thread, just wanted to let people know this is happening. From that point on they can make their own choice, not trying to shame anybody :)

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to hijack this thread, just wanted to let people know this is happening. From that point on they can make their own choice, not trying to shame anybody :)

Fair point, I'm happy to know it exists. I'm not a huge fan of Amazon as a company but I also don't consider myself rich, so when they have the best deals I'm a selfish bastard (I guess) and look at my wallet first and foremost. It's good to talk about the issue at hand but I think it's not the deals thread that should be pushed into that direction. No criticism intended.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
At midnight uk amazon had the playstation mini for £15.99. Needless to say that was sold out almost instantly

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
If there was a picket line to cross, sure, but there's no barrier whatsoever. If people posting in the thread makes anyone considering shopping on Amazon today uncomfortable then good, that's the whole point.
Must not enter a lot of controversial threads on Era, I see.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme 8GB GDDR6 256-bit RGB LED Metal Wrap Backplate Graphics Card and Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W 80+ Gold MB 12V RGB Ready Smart Zero Fan for $469 when you add it to cart and go to checkout: https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-Backplate-Graphics-Thermaltake-Toughpower/dp/B07S3LP647/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ZOTAC+GAMING+GeForce+RTX+2070+AMP+Extreme+8GB+GDDR6+256-bit+RGB+LED+Metal+Wrap+Backplate+Graphics+Card+and+Thermaltake+Toughpower+Grand+RGB+650W+80++Gold+MB+12V+RGB+Ready+Smart+Zero+Fan&qid=1563178540&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Looks like the 2070 (same model ZT-T20700B-10P)is $549 on Newegg, so I guess it's a decent deal.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping to maybe see a deal on the Pixel 3A, but it looks like the only discounts are on the regular Pixel 3 and 3XL. Meh.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

This is like when people "don't mind" freeway protests, they just wish they didn't have to hold them up. Even a slight inconvenience is part of the point. People need to mention it in this thread to call further attention to it. Cordon it off and you're just building an echo chamber.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
the deals look pretty bad mostly.

for example i see a website advertising "record low prime ipad prices" so I'm think, ipad 9.7 for 199 (since it regularly goes for sale for 249) ???

No, it's the 128 GB 9.7 for 299. I've no use for more storage on an ipad.

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ERA stands with devs when it comes to crunch
but workers having bad salaries, bad conditions and a long ass etcetera from a company that barely pays any taxes?
Nah, give me those sweet deals!!

Pathetic.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is like when people "don't mind" freeway protests, they just wish they didn't have to hold them up. Even a slight inconvenience is part of the point. People need to mention it in this thread to call further attention to it. Cordon it off and you're just building an echo chamber.

Again, I'm not a mod, I just gave my suggestion. Any thread involving a big multibillionaire company (be that Amazon, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Apple, Samsung, Google, Tencent, etc.) could be potentially be used to talk about the scandals and strikes around them, but I don't see it as fruitful.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but workers having bad salaries, bad conditions and a long ass etcetera from a company that barely pays any taxes?

Pathetic.

Who is ERA? A lot of people on here buy games that were the result of crunches, considering nearly all games resort to it and if you're a videogame fan you're likely not gonna skip 90%+ of the games you're interested in. Likewise, some people will boycott Amazon over their working conditions, while others will keep shopping there for a variety of reasons.

No need to call people out on their decisions.

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling & Hostility over a series of posts in this thread; history of hostility related ban.
Who is ERA? A lot of people on here buy games that were the result of crunches, considering nearly all games resort to it and if you're a videogame fan you're likely not gonna skip 90%+ of the games you're interested in. Likewise, some people will boycott Amazon over their working conditions, while others will keep shopping there for a variety of reasons.

No need to call people out on their decisions.
Pathetic x2

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017

Pathetic.
You know, like with many very valid and important issues, in order to get people around to your viewpoint you need to persuade not attack. Posts like yours just pisses me off and does nothing for the issue you want to raise.

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, like with many very valid and important issues, in order to get people around to your viewpoint you need to persuade not attack. Posts like yours just pisses me off and does nothing for the issue you want to raise.
It pisses you off for a reason.
You are an adult and should be able to understand why this sucks and have empathy, I'm not here to educate you.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't know what's your favourite games, but chances are most were born under game dev crunches. It's not even a recent phenomena: Doom (1993) was the result of a couple devs quite literally living in their offices for months, even sleeping there, giving their all (including their sanity) to build the shooter of their dreams. Newer, younger team members who wanted to have a life weren't seen too well by the old guard. For better or worse, this is how gaming has been since like forever. It sucks. I'm also calling for unionizing and for press to call out crunches, hopefully pushing through a change. But by calling out people who bought games made under crunch "pathetic", you're not doing yourself a lot of favours because I can practically guarantee you played A LOT of games made in similar conditions. It's just that some cases it is well-known because somebody reported on it, while most of the times it just remains a secret that the devs spent 80 hours on a week for a year to finish your fancy videogame.

But I don't want to derail the thread further.