• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what's your favourite games, but chances are most were born under game dev crunches. It's not even a recent phenomena: Doom (1993) was the result of a couple devs quite literally living in their offices for months, even sleeping there, giving their all (including their sanity) to build the shooter of their dreams. Newer, younger team members who wanted to have a life weren't seen too well by the old guard. For better or worse, this is how gaming has been since like forever. It sucks. I'm also calling for unionizing and for press to call out crunches, hopefully pushing through a change. But by calling out people who bought games made under crunch "pathetic", you're not doing yourself a lot of favours because I can practically guarantee you played A LOT of games made in similar conditions. It's just that some cases it is well-known because somebody reported on it, while most of the times it just remains a secret that the devs spent 80 hours on a week for a year to finish your fancy videogame.

But I don't want to derail the thread further.
'Well, you are probably enjoying crunch games as well'
'i will also not derail the thread further'

pick one.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Amazon normally inflate a lot prices leading up to prime day then make out you're getting a good deal when you really are not but obviously there are still a few good deals to be had.
Obviously the sensible thing for anyone to do is compare the Amazon Prime price to the price other retailers are currently offering online, rather than comparing to the previous Amazon price. Which goes for any sale really.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'Well, you are probably enjoying crunch games as well'
'i will also not derail the thread further'

pick one.

You called out on people enjoying "crunch games" when you probably enjoy them yourself. I replied to that, and called a truce to avoid derailing the thread even further. You chose to misinterpret this part too with another witty one-liner instead of adding anything meaningful to my post. If you have anything to say besides quick replies with namecalling or memes, feel free to do so. Otherwise, I'm moving on from this discourse.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
I've made a concerted effort to buy less from Amazon this year so I'm not getting anything or crossing the picket

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You called out on people enjoying "crunch games" when you probably enjoy them yourself. I replied to that, and called a truce to avoid derailing the thread even further. You chose to misinterpret this part too with another witty one-liner instead of adding anything meaningful to my post. If you have anything to say besides quick replies with namecalling or memes, feel free to do so. Otherwise, I'm moving on from this discourse.
I added meaningful stuff, you decided to play make-believe saying I enjoy games with crunch because you couldn't come with anything but 'let people enjoy a company eating people's lives :C'

So yeah, move on, you are not worth it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So this thread is about working conditions and crunch now? Great...

Ontopic: Didn't find any great deals yet but I bought an external USB Drive for Backups because mine is dying. 135€ for 8TB isn't too bad.

I actually don't need anything else right now. That 10€ bonus for 100€ gift cards seems decent enough though. Might bite.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Amazon normally inflate a lot prices leading up to prime day then make out you're getting a good deal when you really are not but obviously there are still a few good deals to be had.
Yeah, love it when they sell stuff for a whole year for 899,99 EUR 479,99 EUR, already trying to tell what great deal it is even if it's not Prime day/black friday/whatever. And suddenly it goes up to something like 600 before any discount days and down to 439,99.

Also, I don't look at deals, I look at my wishlist, see that none of it on it is discounted, get disappointed and move on. So for me, garbage prime day (again).

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Same here, I think I only bought for people who needed stuff like food or last minute things. It's not that hard.

Okay but talking about buying food and last minute gifts that's not really relevant to the topic. We should be talking about the deals. Not judging Amazon's treatment of workers. It'll be similar if you make a thread about Nintendo Switch Lite and you just talk about the bad Nintendo president in Russia.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
This is important but I think it warrants its own thread. Let people who want to buy stuff on Amazon discuss deals in this thread without derailing the conversation imho, with a different thread dedicated to the strike. Seems like the best solution but I'm not a moderator.

See no reason as to why they cant mention it here. It's important, everyone might now know. Amazon treats it's workers badly.
No one is forcing anyone but everyone should know at the very least.

Just like in every THQ thread there's the reminder that they promoted their games via 8chan.

Deleted member 40953

Banned
Mar 12, 2018
User banned (1 day): Trolling, antagonizing other users.
Nice, been buying loads from Amazon recently so the next few days should be good

I'll buy extra as well just cover what lulubou sn't buying

Bought a Note 9, a Fitbit for the girlfriend and a few books I've been after

Prime for a year at £59 is decent

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
See no reason as to why they cant mention it here. It's important, everyone might now know. Amazon treats it's workers badly.
No one is forcing anyone but everyone should know at the very least.

Just like in every THQ thread there's the reminder that they promoted their games via 8chan.

Mentioning it and judging other users and calling them clowns and pathetic for shopping in Amazon aren't the same thing.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
The only stuff I ever want on Amazon never goes on sale. And it's not like they're especially weird things, but rather that Amazon has so much stuff that they discount millions and millions of products and still never touch anything I've ever heard of, much less am actively interested in.

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mentioning it and judging other users and calling them clowns for shopping in Amazon aren't the same thing.
Neither is what you posted and you are acting like that, you wanna support amazon? Go ahead bud, some of my friends live off amazon and that's good but I replied with the clown costume post to someone who was sub replying me and to everyone who needs to reply to me because 'booo hooo my deals...ruined'

Want to have a discussion only about one topic? Good luck

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
The only stuff I ever want on Amazon never goes on sale. And it's not like they're especially weird things, but rather that Amazon has so much stuff that they discount millions and millions of products and still never touch anything I've ever heard of, much less am actively interested in.
I just dont want to scroll through over 1000 items. They shoulda sort it better

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, been buying loads from Amazon recently so the next few days should be good

I'll buy extra as well just cover what lulubou sn't buying

Bought a Note 9, a Fitbit for the girlfriend and a few books I've been after

Prime for a year at £59 is decent
Too bad Amazon has no spines on sale.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Neither is what you posted and you are acting like that, you wanna support amazon? Go ahead bud, some of my friends live off amazon and that's good but I replied with the clown costume post to someone who was sub replying me and to everyone who needs to reply to me because 'booo hooo my deals...ruined'

Okay. So just don't call people pathetic and clowns for their decision? It's not really hard. If you don't want to shop on Amazon that's completely up to you. Don't be hostile for those who are talking about the thread topic though.

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay. So just don't call people pathetic and clowns for their decision? It's not really hard. If you don't want to shop on Amazon that's completely up to you. Don't be hostile for those who are talking about the thread topic though.
I'm not being hostile though and poiting to anyone, but people have been bile and hostile to me to the point of getting my gender wrong on purpose, why are you not counting that? Because it doesn't favor your point? :C

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I just dont want to scroll through over 1000 items. They shoulda sort it better
Yeah it's kinda all over the place, but at the same time, I'm not sure what they could change? I dunno; I'm no UX engineer. Maybe a branching tree system? A no picture option? Not using those goofy horizontal scroll panels? I don't really go there for random things - I really only use it for things I specifically know I already want...and then those things are never on sale.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not being hostile though and poiting to anyone, but people have been bile and hostile to me to the point of getting my gender wrong on purpose, why are you not counting that? Because it doesn't favor your point? :C

You called users hypocrites for not supporting crunch but supporting Amazon and that they're pathetic. Yeah people are gonna be upset if you talk to them like that.

Anyways back to the topic, I was looking through the deals and nothing really caught my eye. Anew tv would be nice but I'm moving in 3 weeks so I don't really want to buy a TV at the moment.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Mentioning it and judging other users and calling them clowns snd pathetic for shopping in Amazon aren't the same thing.
Yeah it's one thing to mention it, It's another thing to actively attack other users for wanting to use it regardless.

You literally waltz into the thread and chastised everyone in here for wanting to look for deals on things they want:
ERA stands with devs when it comes to crunch
but workers having bad salaries, bad conditions and a long ass etcetera from a company that barely pays any taxes?
Nah, give me those sweet deals!!

Pathetic.
It pisses you off for a reason.
You are an adult and should be able to understand why this sucks and have empathy, I'm not here to educate you.

I understand feeling anger seeing a company with as much wealth as amazon getting attention and profit while avoiding taxes and treating it's workers like shit, but literally every single major company does the same. Coming in here and yelling at people telling them to buy a clown costume and expressing lament that amazon doesn't sell spines (Quoted Below):

Like MrConbon210 said:
You called users hypocrites for not supporting crunch but supporting Amazon and that they're pathetic. Yeah people are gonna be upset if you talk to them like that.

It's no surprise people are going to attack you if you immediately go on the offensive. You stated your point & It's had it's impact. But people aren't clicking into this thread to have their morals checked, they are here to save a couple bucks off of random objects they want.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OKAY MOVING SWIFTLY ON.
This actually isn't a great start to Prime Day. So much random brand shit everywhere. I think the best deal are those Samsung SSD's. Everything else is a resounding meh.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
OKAY MOVING SWIFTLY ON.
This actually isn't a great start to Prime Day. So much random brand shit everywhere. I think the best deal are those Samsung SSD's. Everything else is a resounding meh.
Do deals change throughout the 2 days? Or is what u see now what you get?

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do deals change throughout the 2 days? Or is what u see now what you get?
They normally throw more stuff up on deal over the 2 days. There is also the upcoming deals section that I haven't had a chance to properly look at. Plus there are the lightning deals which can have good stuff now and then but you gotta be quick.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just browsed through 70 percent of the day one items. Pretty pathetic offerings.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
There are some decent deals in there. I looked at my wishlist and saw some alright deals on gaming monitors, gaming laptops, SSDs, hard drives, mice and keyboard and more.

It's all a matter of digging through chaff and getting some good deals. That said, I haven't seen anything spectacular but that stuff sells out immediately thanks to scalpers.

Might pick up couple 8TB drives, a 1TB NVME SSD (Intel or Corsair 1tb, Samsung seems more expensive in US and I don't need the speed) and external enclosure, plus some cables and chargers.

Tempted to finally pick up a Gsync Ultrawide monitor, but probably won't bite. Doubt I will get anything on the console side but who knows.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all, just don't buy shit from Amazon these couple of days. You can do that much to stand by the workers who are on strike right now.

And maybe don't act so shocked when someone calls you out on crossing the picket line anyway.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
There are some decent deals in there. I looked at my wishlist and saw some alright deals on gaming monitors, gaming laptops, SSDs, hard drives, mice and keyboard and more.

It's all a matter of digging through chaff and getting some good deals. That said, I haven't seen anything spectacular but that stuff sells out immediately thanks to scalpers.

Might pick up couple 8TB drives, a 1TB NVME SSD (Intel or Corsair 1tb, Samsung seems more expensive in US and I don't need the speed) and external enclosure, plus some cables and chargers.

Tempted to finally pick up a Gsync Ultrawide monitor, but probably won't bite. Doubt I will get anything on the console side but who knows.
Can you point out some of the good ultrawide gaming monitors deals?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Can you point out some of the good ultrawide gaming monitors deals?
Will do once I am not on mobile. For example Alienware 34" is $719 which matches last BF. There were couple LGs and Acer as well. If you do a search on 34" Gsync or Ultrawide Gsync you can find some interesting stuff. Just make sure the res is right. Oh and Acer is 35" monitor I believe.

One thing to do though is check other places as well such as Newegg, BestBuy, WalMart, etc... as a lot of places are running deals next two days.