• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I keep seeing a lot of "16 GB of RAM + SSD" deals on Slickdeals, and it makes me sad that I'm not currently building a PC.

And I can't even use the stuff anyway, since my PC uses DDR3 RAM and doesn't have an m2 slot (most of the SSDs are m2).

spindashing

Oct 25, 2017
Queens, New York
Yeah that's the lame one I settled on :( And same tired of eating out too. I'm not a great cook but apparently it makes it super easy? So hopefully I can get delicious food while remaining shit at cooking XD
I'm in the same predicament. Cooking is not my thing, but I hope that this will level me up to do more.

I look forward to seeing you in the instant pot thread, lol!

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same predicament. Cooking is not me thing, but I hope that this will level me up to do more.

I look forward to seeing you in the instant pot thread, lol!

Yeah.

First thing I'm making is some basic shit like rice and beans lmao.

me as well. Glad I got in on happy belly 25oz salted peanuts for $1.2 deal.

I am hurting. Wario you were supposed to be the chosen one :(

Not bad. Sadly peanut allergy here :(

Yeah I've been just lurking here hoping to get in the good deals.

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about picking up an Echo - is the Show 5 worth it or should I just stick to the Dot? My wife wanted to watch news on the Show but live tv doesn't seem possible with DirectTV.

Oct 28, 2017
received everything i ordered today

AYh1l8o.jpg

i'll be honest i dont know anything about cameras, that lens was almost the price of the camera itself wtf?

i watched a few camera reviews yesterday, gonna check out some beginner tutorials now

congrats to everyone that was able to order stuff
Photography is pretty fun and simple to learn. The main things you wanna learn is how exposure time, aperature size and ISO affect an image. Then you wanna learn how aperature size and focal length affect depth of field. Then you wanna learn how to do proper manual focusing and good photo composition.

Last edited:

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Got my $5 credit for buying $25 in gift cards just now. Just checked and I can use it on a psn card, but I'll see if there are any more movie deals that look tempting.

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
All my camera stuff has shipped. I'm still shocked that they went through with it considering it was mispriced by thousands of dollars 😲

Don't mean to threadcrap, but can't the begging be done via IM (if the poster wants to sell their cameras, at cost, which they haven't indicated but I kinda doubt unless they're just super super generous)

Happens every time lol That's why I don't post my glitch hauls anymore, it's mad annoying. No, I don't care that your camera is 15 years old I'm not gonna sell you my shit. FOH breh 😂

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Damn. Wish I had been able to get in on the price error for the cameras. My wife is interested in taking it up and possibly trying a bit professionally, and that would have been a huge boost for her.

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any chance Amazon could contact the people who got the camera stuff and ask them to return them (and give them some gift card for inconvenience)?

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
A thought just hit me as I was weeping for missing the camera deals. Could these have gotten through without being stopped because of the strike?

On a side note I totally would have tried for a Sony RX10iv. I've been looking at that one for a while. (I already have a DSLR and an RX100, so that would be a nice mix)

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All my camera stuff has shipped. I'm still shocked that they went through with it considering it was mispriced by thousands of dollars 😲

Happens every time lol That's why I don't post my glitch hauls anymore, it's mad annoying. No, I don't care that your camera is 15 years old I'm not gonna sell you my shit. FOH breh 😂
Bingo. Lol

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
A thought just hit me as I was weeping for missing the camera deals. Could these have gotten through without being stopped because of the strike?

On a side note I totally would have tried for a Sony RX10iv. I've been looking at that one for a while. (I already have a DSLR and an RX100, so that would be a nice mix)

Unless the cameras that shipped out all came from that one warehouse that's striking, probably not. They will probably take a look at their automation, though, especially on big ticket items.

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
I'm still rocking a Canon 650D... a 2012 entry-level DSLR... and I voluntarily passed on taking advantage of the camera price errors...

:'(

Damn man, let this be a lesson learned. Whenever there's a glitch this crazy try to get in as many orders as possible. The worst they can do is cancel and sometimes they might even give you a gift card for the inconvenience. Slickdeals has taught me well lol

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

The people posting sob stories and asking "nicely" is pretty slimey tbh. I understand they're bummed, it's frustrating and I'm jealous myself, but it's part of the deal with this stuff, it happens.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
The people posting sob stories and asking "nicely" is pretty slimey tbh. I understand they're bummed, it's frustrating and I'm jealous myself, but it's part of the deal with this stuff, it happens.

Plus, as mentioned earlier, if you got in the deal, there's no point to sell the bundle back for what you paid when you can make a couple times that amount on other sites.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Plus, as mentioned earlier, if you got in the deal, there's no point to sell the bundle back for what you paid when you can make a couple times that amount on other sites.
I mean I think in most cases people here would be willing to pay a lot more for it then just the 94 some paid.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Go back and read some of the pleading, that's exactly what they're asking for.

And hey, no harm in asking ,but when you're like the fifth person who asks...
Yeah I mean I'd be okay with it if it wasn't for the exact price someone paid for it. I'd be okay if people were asking for at least triple the price.

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
Doesn't matter, people are still gonna try and undercut you because they know how much you paid. You're better off selling elsewhere.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Doesn't matter, people are still gonna try and undercut you because they know how much you paid. You're better off selling elsewhere.

You are. Even if you sell it 4 or 5 times, I'm sure you can get more on ebay for it. Get the most for it that you can, it's not your responsibility to sell at a lesser rate to people on this forum.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of that happening before, with any reputable online retailer... in general once it's shipped and gets to your home it's yours.

Only happened once with Amazon ever that I can recall...way back in 06. Huge amounts of DVD price mistakes. They tried to pull some probably illegal shit. I dont think much came from it and I dont think they tried this again

amazon said:
Hello from Amazon.com.

In reviewing your order placed on 23-Dec-06, we discovered
that due to an error we did not charge you the correct amount for the
items you purchased. According to the terms of the promotion,
purchasing one DVD at the regular price entitled you to a free DVD of
equal or lesser value. You can view the terms of the promotion here:

Because these items have already shipped to you, you can either keep
the items and we will charge you the amount you should have been
charged or you can return the items - at no cost to you - to
Amazon.com within 30 days. Please note that we can only accept the
return of unopened items in their original condition.

To return items from this order, please visit our Online Returns Center:

As the return is the result of our error, you will not be charged for
return shipping. To make sure you are not charged for return shipping,
please select "Missed estimated delivery time" as the reason for
return in the drop-down box that appears on the form.

If you decide to keep the items or we have not received the items you
wish to return by January 28, we will charge your credit card for any
unreturned items in a manner consistent with the terms of the
promotion described above.

Please be assured that the amount that would be charged to your
account is the same price that was listed on the product detail page
on our web site at the time you placed your order.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding
in this matter. Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Amazon.com
Customer Service
http://www.amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address
that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this
message.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile I couldn't be happier with my iphone 7+'s camera and could be happy with that quality until the day I die ^^;

Congrats all tho! Nothing this prime day I really could use/need even if I wasn't dirt poor haha

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the epic slickdeals thread a few years ago where there was a huge price mistake at Walmart people were ordering Kayak's for $69 and $1000-$2000 55 inch+ higher end model TVs for a couple hundred at max.

Can't remember if that was the same glitch, but there were video uploads of people wheeling out 4+ TVs