• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
You are. Even if you sell it 4 or 5 times, I'm sure you can get more on ebay for it. Get the most for it that you can, it's not your responsibility to sell at a lesser rate to people on this forum.

This. And you know damn well the same mofos wouldn't sell you shit if they got in on it and you didn't 🤣

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
looks like if your camera stuff hasn't shipped yet, you are out of luck. I just checked my bank account, and I have two reversals on it from amazon. I still have 1 camera and 1 lens that hasn't shipped yet. Looks like its not going to at this point. Cant be too mad, i at least got a couple of things out of that order. Congrats to everyone that made out with something!

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
looks like if your camera stuff hasn't shipped yet, you are out of luck. I just checked my bank account, and I have two reversals on it from amazon. I still have 1 camera and 1 lens that hasn't shipped yet. Looks like its not going to at this point. Cant be too mad, i at least got a couple of things out of that order. Congrats to everyone that made out with something!
Looks like I won't get anything then. Sad day.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got one Olympus Camera. And the Sony camera bag/memory card. But I have a feeling I won't be getting any of the other stuff. Man I wish it had been the Sony AR7 II I had gone for instead. I didn't know it was a blanket price glitch.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Reminder that Amazon workers are on strike, and you are all crossing the picket line. You could actually show them some solidarity and respect, you know. You probably don't actually need any new crap.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Amazon workers are on strike, and you are all crossing the picket line. You could actually show them some solidarity and respect, you know. You probably don't actually need any new crap.
I would go on strike for my student loans. But we'll... I can't.

I respect it, but this is one my side hustles and how I can afford to pay rent and loans both right now.

Edit: That came off way different than I intended. I'm just frustrated becuase I want to support them. But I have to take every opportunity afforded to me. And unfortunately this is one.

Last edited:

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Instant Ace
Anyone have one of these instant Ace cooking blenders? I'm interested but I'm not sure of it's usefulness. Just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion.

Aug 2, 2018
So far got a dash cam, T-shirt press for the wife and echo show. Not much of a haul this year.

Is there a way to go back & earn the bonus amazon credit or do you have to click the link in the app for your purchase to count towards them?

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I got one Olympus Camera. And the Sony camera bag/memory card. But I have a feeling I won't be getting any of the other stuff. Man I wish it had been the Sony AR7 II I had gone for instead. I didn't know it was a blanket price glitch.

I read on slick deals live stream that someone commented that they got a A7iii for $100. I was like wow, this really is fucking me up lol. This feels like one of those price errors that come up every once in a while. Can't see it happening again by black Friday but I'll definitely hope for it.

OP
OP
Community Forum
Oct 29, 2017
Looks like my Prime Day shopping is over. Haven't found anything all day. Pretty good haul yesterday though, already some deliveries today, and the rest scheduled for Wed-Thurs. A good mix of things I needed, a couple impulse buys, and a couple "it's so cheap so why not" items.

Amazon Fresh K-Cups
$25 Amazon Gift Card +$5 bonus
Echo Show 5 (cheap with Dot trade in)
Smart Plug
Quest Bars / Quest Cookies / Premier Protein shakes
Fire TV Stick + Dot 3rd gen (it was like $7 for the combo lol)
Men's 1 a Day vitamins
Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse
Muchies Flamin' Hot peanuts 36 ct
Amazon Basics premium water filters for fridge

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I read on slick deals live stream that someone commented that they got a A7iii for $100. I was like wow, this really is fucking me up lol. This feels like one of those price errors that come up every once in a while. Can't see it happening again by black Friday but I'll definitely hope for it.
I didn't even know about the live stream. Had I known I probably would have attempted on other cameras. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like my Prime Day shopping is over. Haven't found anything all day. Pretty good haul yesterday though, already some deliveries today, and the rest scheduled for Wed-Thurs. A good mix of things I needed, a couple impulse buys, and a couple "it's so cheap so why not" items.

Amazon Fresh K-Cups
$25 Amazon Gift Card +$5 bonus
Echo Show 5 (cheap with Dot trade in)
Smart Plug
Quest Bars / Quest Cookies / Premier Protein shakes
Fire TV Stick + Dot 3rd gen (it was like $7 for the combo lol)
Men's 1 a Day vitamins
Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse
Muchies Flamin' Hot peanuts 36 ct
Amazon Basics premium water filters for fridge
What were your big hauls? Other than camera stuff if you nabbed those.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry I didn't get shit lol, I'll take it as a loss and focus on saving up for some zoom lens that I want.
I'm actually thinking of keeping this Olympus. I have some Canon Rebels coming as well (not from the price mistake). But they aren't the latest so they can't do 4k video. The Olympus video actually looked really solid. Can anyone comment on their capabilities?

PizzaKing

May 24, 2019
Looks like I'm in the same boat (minus receiving the Olympus). If my A6000 doesn't show up I don't have any use for the memory card or the bag; would you recommend just returning them or try selling them on craigslist/offer up for a potential gain?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Hdke2iU.gif

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I don't really use Twitter but has there been any word from those actually on strike? Curious to see what they have to say now that these two Prime days are basically over.

Loomies

Oct 27, 2017
Yes It came in! Please do not message me to buy one and sorry if I didn't respond to your PMs, I have no interest in selling them at the moment since I'm trying to take all of this emotions in. 2 Sony A6ks are coming in tomorrow and the others will arrive thursday. Also today I had a Sony A6K order that was an ETA for 3 weeks. They pushed it forward to a week and then I changed it to one day delivery, now it's arriving this Friday. Hang in there for those who have orders in, this is legit and amazon seems to fulfilling them. What a wild ride of emotions these past 30 hours

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm in the same boat (minus receiving the Olympus). If my A6000 doesn't show up I don't have any use for the memory card or the bag; would you recommend just returning them or try selling them on craigslist/offer up for a potential gain?
I have no idea. Same boat here. I'm assuming we didn't get the bag/memory at a discounted rate

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
Yes It came in! Please do not message me to buy one and sorry if I didn't respond to your PMs, I have no interest in selling them at the moment since I'm trying to take all of this emotions in. 2 Sony A6ks are coming in tomorrow and the others will arrive thursday. Also today I had a Sony A6K order that was an ETA for 3 weeks. They pushed it forward to a week and then I changed it to one day delivery, now it's arriving this Friday. Hang in there for those who have orders in, this is legit and amazon seems to fulfilling them. What a wild ride of emotions these past 30 hours

Nice haul my dude, I got a couple of those AR7 II coming in as well. I honestly have slept like 3 hours since I placed all my orders. What a wild fucking ride lmao

Oct 26, 2017
This hurts too much to see those. I got a photography degree, but sold my camera because of stupid student loans years ago. And just 2 days ago, I thought, "it might be time to get back into photography!" Then God, Thor, or whomever, threw me a bone with a cheap camera. Except I missed the bone. Lol

Congrats you all. I'm gonna do do my best to not be bitter. Next year I'll be ready.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Man I'm excited for you after reading this post. This may be the most enthusiastic recap I've ever seen. I just got a couple of them but the Olympus is awesome so far and I'll give the Sony to my friend.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
But really July 16 target sale last year. Cameras came in this year. Im setting my wedding day to this date one day

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
My opinion is, the Amazon workers are clearly being taken advantage of and need support, but I can't tell people not to buy cheap stuff. Sales are one of the only ways that people can reasonably get important products outside of their price range.

Even access to certain non-essentials is important. Many skills and hobbies were only accessible to rich and well-off people, which led to only the well-off being able to get better jobs and break into new industries. Things from programming skills to general computer skills to even making videos, music, and photography were for a long time (and still are, in many cases) only for those in a privileged position.

But that said, it's important to be mindful and sympathetic of the human cost of all of this, and I think if you have the means to not buy from them, then try not to. And if you do buy from them, maybe don't do same day delivery (which from my understanding is a big reason why they are overworked in the first place).

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I bought 18 socks from Academy sports a few months ago, or I would be tempted, I clicked on that deal, looks like great socks, but I hate doing laundry and matching up socks, so I'm stuck with Academy sports socks for awhile.
I had the $10 credit from Whole Foods so that just about covered it. 2 pints of ice cream, $10. What a joke.