• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, but many people actually want those cheaper a6500s and a7rii and a7iii tho.

i think it would be WAY easier to sell, say, 4 Sony A7iiis for a total of 7 grand than to try and sell just one of those giant Canon astro L lenses for 6k.

There's simply far, far more demand for those.
Uhh, there's a large demand for expensive lenses being sold second-hand. Lots of photographers collect lenses second-hand because of people switching to different cameras with incompatible lenses.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Uhh, there's a large demand for expensive lenses being sold second-hand. Lots of photographers collect lenses second-hand because of people switching to different cameras with incompatible lenses.

Yeah maybe this is just people trying to convince themselves they didn't miss out. I'm checking eBay now and finding a ton of completed/sold listings on the II one model lower selling pre owned for 6500-7000 with upwards of 20 bids. Those 13000 dollar lenses easily would've been flipped super quick for 10 grand. All at an insanely low buy in of 90 dollars. You guys absolutely crushed it on your hauls no doubt, just saying I disagree with the idea that the lesser value ones were the better buy.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I am still not sure why Amazon did not cancel any of the camera orders. I have had many lower priced items get canceled and they've sent me an email stating that it was a price error. Have they ever let errors of this magnitude go through before?

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017

I've been in this hobby for 4 years now, i'm well aware that people buy lenses second hand, lmao.

an 800mm pro-level super telephoto has a MUUUUUUCH smaller pool of potential users than an a6000 or an a7III. as a flipper or a dealer, i would much rather acquire stuff that I know for sure i'll have no trouble moving. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Damn. I'm legit sad I missed that camera glitch. I would've loved to get a Sony a7III hahah. 😔

Feb 1, 2018
an 800mm pro-level super telephoto has a MUUUUUUCH smaller pool of potential users than an a6000 or an a7III. as a flipper or a dealer, i would much rather acquire stuff that I know for sure i'll have no trouble moving. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

For a niche lens like that it'd actually be better to throw it on Sharegrid and have people rent it for 100/day, you'll have an income stream off it for years.

Oct 28, 2017
I've been in this hobby for 4 years now, i'm well aware that people buy lenses second hand, lmao.

And those in the market for these lenses that missed out on the price glitch are going to know to look for these lenses being sold second-hand. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

And you were intitially speaking as if you can't find people who need these lenses. You're walking it back now.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
And those in the market for these lenses that missed out on the price glitch are going to know to look for these lenses being sold second-hand. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

And you were intitially speaking as if you can't find people who need these lenses. You're walking it back now.

OH MY GOD.

Me (and a couple others) said it would be harder to find buyers for an 800mm 13k dollar lens than it would be to find buyers for a6xxxx series and A7III and such cameras. THATS IT. And it's also true, that stuff moves a lot faster than expensive niche lenses.

You are WAY too invested in a casual disagreement in a thread about Prime Day deals. Wow.

Oct 28, 2017
OH MY GOD.

Me (and a couple others) said it would be harder to find buyers for an 800mm 13k dollar lens than it would be to find buyers for a6xxxx series and A7III and such cameras. THATS IT. And it's also true, that stuff moves a lot faster than expensive niche lenses.

You are WAY too invested in a casual disagreement in a thread about Prime Day deals. Wow.
I also just disagreed with you. I gave you my reasons why I disagreed. The you dropped passive-aggressive comments. I gave the same passive-aggressive comment to you back and now you're acting like I'm the one taking it too far....

Superman00

Jan 9, 2018
Ordered 4 Sony Alpha 6000 Monday. I saw the deal but was distracted by the $400 75 inch TV Best Buy (which Best Buy freaking cancelled for everyone) had so I didn't order more or looked at other cameras, plus it was 3 am and I had work at 6 am.

Been checking all week as only the 1st order had a delivery date on Wednesday, which passed and it updated to being deliver Friday instead. Now finally, 2 of the order shipped. 2 more order with pending date. Even still, $200 for $1K worth of camera is still an amazing deal haha.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Lol did you really think you're just gonna find someone like a snap of your fingers for those telephoto lens? Those things are straight difficult af to sell unless you're doing an eBay auction where you could get scammed or get lowballed out the ass on Craigslist and sites like that.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I know the risk, if they reject it, I'll ebay it.
As someone with experience using Amazon Trade-In, they do not fuck around. You aren't trading directly to Amazon, but a third-party.

They will take one look at your Echo 3, which looks nothing like an Echo 2 and reject your trade-in. Yes, they'll send it back, but you will be charged the $27.50 in promotional credit you received for sending them a banana when they asked you to send them an apple. Literally, the Echo 3 has a trade-in value of $0.00, they do not accept it.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
As someone with experience using Amazon Trade-In, they do not fuck around. You aren't trading directly to Amazon, but a third-party.

They will take one look at your Echo 3, which looks nothing like an Echo 2 and reject your trade-in. Yes, they'll send it back, but you will be charged the $27.50 in promotional credit you received for sending them a banana when they asked you to send them an apple. Literally, the Echo 3 has a trade-in value of $0.00, they do not accept it.
I've traded in probably 50+ items with them, maybe more, when they took games and movies, along with consoles, tablets, fireTVs, ect… I know how they work. I dont lose anything here. If they reject it, I'll ebay it.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Woke up this morning to find that my x-h1 camera body shipped! All of my stuff has now shipped! I can't believe it, hahaha. 4500 dollars worth of gear for a little over 200 bucks total. After years of missing out on this stuff, I feel like I won the lottery.

Lol did you really think you're just gonna find someone like a snap of your fingers for those telephoto lens? Those things are straight difficult af to sell unless you're doing an eBay auction where you could get scammed or get lowballed out the ass on Craigslist and sites like that.

Yeah. Stuff like that is bought for a very very specific purpose, is almost always for a job, and are usually RENTED.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I think you should all give me your cameras and lenses until this disagreement can be adjudicated.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I honestly don't think I've seen more then a handful of people buy those lenses out right, and if they were it was someone like National Geographic.

Again I posted above. Check eBay sold listings, they sell all the time and for almost full price. You would easily flip those, I don't know why this is even up for debate at this point. Look you guys crushed it with your hauls, if you snagged a ton of those 13k lenses those you'd have really crushed it

Edit- again one model lower actually, sells for about 3-4k less.

Used sold for 7k

Brand New sold for 11.5k

Used sold for over 6000.

If you've never seen them sold or think they don't sell, you haven't looked hard enough. All 3 posted here were sold in the last few weeks. If you snagged one of those 13k lenses and put it on eBay for 10k you'd sell it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I fell asleep before the sale started but I do congratulate everyone on what you were able to find. I would have probably paid off my student loans with a bunch of those lenses.

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
Someone probably got fired at Amazon over that fuckup, right? I wonder what the total $ damage was.

It's especially mind blowing that even days later the stuff was still getting shipped out to people. I mean I understand the ones that slipped through on the first or next day, but someone here said they got cameras shipped today, two days after the glitch, so they had plenty of time to stop those but didn't :/

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it can just get eaten as marketing cost to make people thirsty to buy more crap

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Someone probably got fired at Amazon over that fuckup, right? I wonder what the total $ damage was.

It's especially mind blowing that even days later the stuff was still getting shipped out to people. I mean I understand the ones that slipped through on the first or next day, but someone here said they got cameras shipped today, two days after the glitch, so they had plenty of time to stop those but didn't :/
Which deal you talking about?

Superman00

Jan 9, 2018

From what I heard, they decided to fulfilled the orders. One of my order that had a delivery date of July 29 got move forward to this week.

The loss is probably in the tens of millions. But compare to what they made for those 2 days, it's a tiny portion. Plus they can use it as a marketing tactics for next year.

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
Which deal you talking about?

The glitch that allowed people to order any camera or photography items for $95, regardless of the items original price.

From what I heard, they decided to fulfilled the orders. One of my order that had a delivery date of July 29 got move forward to this week.

The loss is probably in the tens of millions. But compare to what they made for those 2 days, it's a tiny portion. Plus they can use it as a marketing tactics for next year.

Wow.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Were the $13,000 lenses up for several minutes or was it one of those things where you'd have to be a clicking ninja to get it?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

But they stopped the keyboards in their tracks. Now I'm curious why they decided to let these go.

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017

You think they shipped 20,000 $1000 items?

Superman00

Jan 9, 2018
But they stopped the keyboards in their tracks. Now I'm curious why they decided to let these go.

Are you talking about the $2 keyboard? They were shipped. Mine is getting deliver today.

You think they shipped 20,000 $1000 items?

I have 4 orders alone. Most people ordered multiple items. The Sony A6000 was the most ordered, but a bunch of the camera were much more than $1K. The RX1 is like $3K, someone here got like 5-6 of them.

Last edited:

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Haha damn. I like her.
Yeah she gets it from me so I totally deserved it. I was regretting not signing for the packages online. It was complete despair after coming so close. The way she worded it sounded completely real. She got me 100%.

That's awesome! Congrats

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I used the photos deal to pay toward a cheap vacuum for my classroom.

Hey guys, I need your advice.

I ordered this on Monday

It still hasn't shipped. I got it for 70 bucks. It's unlikely that I'll find a better price than that, but do you think this thing is ever gonna ship? Should I call and complain?

If I could find a blue plush/shag rug of that size for a similar price in store, I would have done that. However, most seem to charge like 200 bucks for a good one.

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I used the photos deal to pay toward a cheap vacuum for my classroom.

Hey guys, I need your advice.

I ordered this on Monday

It still hasn't shipped. I got it for 70 bucks. It's unlikely that I'll find a better price than that, but do you think this thing is ever gonna ship? Should I call and complain?

If I could find a blue plush/shag rug of that size for a similar price in store, I would have done that. However, most seem to charge like 200 bucks for a good one.
I have been buying from Amazon for over 18 years now. I never had an order not ship. Is the rug supposed to be fulfilled by Amazon or a third party?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I have been buying from Amazon for over 18 years now. I never had an order not ship. Is the rug supposed to be fulfilled by Amazon or a third party?

I think it's a third party but I have had things cancelled before. It would be bizarre if a best seller they had a deal of the day on went that way though.