• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
Prime-Day.jpg

It's that time of year again!

Amazon Prime Day is back on July 15th for the biggest sale event in Amazon's annual tradition of deals and discounts. And this year, Amazon is stretching the definition of Prime "Day" even further: the deals will last a full 48 hours, beginning on Monday July 15th at 12AM PT / 3AM ET, and running through 11:59PM PT / 2:59AM ET on Tuesday, July 16th.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Thank Christ. I've been waiting all year for discount laundry detergent and K Cups.

OP
OP
Community Forum
Oct 29, 2017
I always stock up on protein powder, Quest Bars, and razor blades. Last year was great for stuff I normally buy anyway. Well I did buy an Instant Pot, and I haven't even used it yet lol.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
So I know it's mostly people crapping on the sale every year but have there been any truly good sales in the past?

OP
OP
Community Forum
Oct 29, 2017
BTW, someone else can handle the Amazon Prime Day |OT|. It's a two day commitment and I have a jerb.

In the meantime, maybe we can share stories of Amazon Prime Days past. Like this one... Last year I ordered so many things that my credit card started to be declined. It was all little stuff... $10 here, $15 there, and an Instant Pot. It's good that credit companies are looking out for my well being (LOL), however it was an Amazon Prime Store Card from Synchrony Bank, which can ONLY be used at Amazon, and as a Prime member with a Prime card, and a customer since 2006, I'm probably going to have multiple transactions at Amazon on a day, during Prime day of all days, as a Prime member... it was the most ridiculous phone call to a bank I've ever made. Wasn't even halfway towards the limit on the store card. They ended up turning it back on midway through the sale, but it did delay shipping on some items by a day. Worth the extra 5% savings though haha. Maybe one should call and warn them ahead of time this year, like when you used to have to call your cell phone provider and tell them you are going to be out of the state on vacation and "roaming." Dear Synchrony Bank: I'm going to be using my Amazon Prime Store Card to buy things on Amazon.com of all places on Prime Day, k thx bye.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Last year I picked up the $250 Essential Phone, was a pretty good deal at the time.

Interested to see what happens this year...

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I hope someone will report figure news. Apparently some Nendoroids were glitched at $10 too, but didn't know till it was too late (getting games...) Lego also had some big glitch hauls, I read. I bagged Crash for like $6, hope I can get Crash Racing for the same price!

*checks Order* Oh, holy crap that was TWO years ago?? Wow last year must've sucked if I don't even remember it...

OP
OP
Community Forum
Oct 29, 2017
True story: I was looking through my order history from last Prime Day this morning to see what kind of deals I got, and realized I had purchased a pair of Lacoste sneakers for a great deal (they are $89.95 right now). But I didn't remember receiving them. I have several shoe boxes in my closet and thought they were all empty, however there they were inside one of the boxes, brand new and never worn! So no shoe shopping for me this time. :)

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: $55.03
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Prime Savings: -$16.51
Total before tax: $38.52
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Grand Total: $38.52

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Already got Wario64 on my hotlist twitter ready for prime day...no sleep for two days....MUHAHAHA!

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
I did end up with $300 worth of silverware for like $50 last year.

It's no TV, but I was happy with it.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
What were the best tech deals last year? I wasn't a Prime subscriber last year but I am this year so hopefully it's actually something decent like the Bose QC35 for $200 or something like that.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
A few years ago I picked up a 4k Hisense TV on the cheap, it's a shitty TV but it was a pretty great value.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. My kindle from years and years ago is on its last legs and I've been looking to replace it.

Since they added backlighting to the regular kindle I'll probably just get one of those

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I remember getting Doom 2016 for only $20 even though it had only been out for maybe 2.5 months. That was a good deal.

James3D

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Alexa plays Apple Music I want a good sounding one. That seems like something they'd put on sale here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I think of Prime Day, I just think of that chef hat sale from the first one.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to seeing the great deals Americans get while us Canadians get the fucking over stock garbage like vacuum filters and novelty air fresheners.