• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm moving into an apartment at the beginning of August, hoping there's some pretty good deals on budget 4k TVs.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Keep your eye open for Amazon owned stuff too.

I picked up a Yeti 64 oz water bottle for $33 on w00t.

Fucking w00t, of all places.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Hopefully there's some good prices on storage solutions, I need an additional or larger external drive to backup all my devices.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect. Ryzen 2 reviews will be out and in force by then and i will have a much better idea of what Ram i should be looking at.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I hope for Warehouse 20 % off or something in lieu of Prime Day. One of the few promotions where i actually buy stuff on there.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone want a power bank? I hear they're selling power banks. FOR ALL OF THE TRAVELING YOU DO WITH YOUR POWER HUNGRY DEVICES

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
First time Prime member here, Can someone explain to me these " glitches" people are referring to? $125 Switch??

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I want to learn more about these glitches that resulted in you guys getting Switches for cheap.

I'm hoping to nab some Sony XM3s.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
First time Prime member here, Can someone explain to me these " glitches" people are referring to? $125 Switch??

Sometimes they accidentally give away the bullshit Alexa things sitting in your warehouse.

It's like "OMG click Amazon right now there's that toothbrush with the bluetooth speaker for $3.99. I just ordered 17! I hope they don't cancel my order." Of course they ship them until they've cleared the warehouse.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i'm looking at my orders from last prime day

i bought a travel pillow, an oil dispenser, a couple power strips, solar motion detector lights, a dolly, a car trunk organizer, and a spice grinder

pretty pleased with those orders.
i use the travel pillow when i fly, a few times a year
oil dispenser when i cook
use the power strips every day
solar motion detector lights whenever i'm in the yard at night
i use the dolly fairly often

it's a bunch of shit that i didn't really NEED strictly but i don't regret the purchases at all.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Sometimes they accidentally give away the bullshit Alexa things sitting in your warehouse.

It's like "OMG click Amazon right now there's that toothbrush with the bluetooth speaker for $3.99. I just ordered 17! I hope they don't cancel my order." Of course they ship them until they've cleared the warehouse.

So sometimes they sell things for way too super cheap and it's a race to buy before they fix it?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I don't think I've ever bought anything from Prime Day, what're some things to look out for?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I want to learn more about these glitches that resulted in you guys getting Switches for cheap.

I'm hoping to nab some Sony XM3s.
Last year, Target had an online checkout glitch which allowed you to stack two 30% off coupons and could be applied to any item. This resulted in people getting items like a Switch for 60% off. Someone here ordered an entire patio furniture set valued at $1500 or something and only paid $600.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Last year, Target had an online checkout glitch which allowed you to stack two 30% off coupons and could be applied to any item. This results in people getting items like a Switch for 60% off or really anything. Someone here ordered an entire patio furniture set valued at $1500 or something and only paid $600.
Ah so this was a separate thing from Prime Day glitching through Amazon?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Ah so this was a separate thing from Prime Day glitching through Amazon?
I don't fully recall all the details but i'm pretty sure the Target deal was in response to Prime Day starting/ending(?). I just remember it being discovered late one night and people had to rush to get orders in before it was fixed in the morning.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am a simple man, I need a new toaster oven, my old stalwart I've had since about 2010 is finally dying. So hoping for a great sale on one.

I could also use a new wool coat for winter.

OP
OP
Community Forum
Oct 29, 2017
Target announces "Deal Days" to run same time as Prime Day.
Target's "Deal Days" will run for two days, the same amount of time as Amazon's sale. Target held a one-day event last year, which it called "one of our biggest days of the year for online sales."

eBay announces "Crash Sale" to run on Prime Day.
Meanwhile, eBay made a more pointed reference to Amazon in its announcement. The company said it will launch a "Crash Sale" on July 15 that will include "hot deals on top brands" over 50% off, with free shipping and no membership required.
"If history repeats itself and Amazon crashes that day," eBay said, the company will include more deals. That's a nod to the fact that Amazon's website had periodic outages last year on Prime Day.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes the discounts get applied twice. Last year (or was it the year before?) there was a $500 or so graphics card that was supposed to get a $75 discount I think, but on checkout you'd get 2 x $75 off. Lasted for maybe an hour ish.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prime Day Concert 2019

GtdyWew.png

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that kept being top seller was their Instant Pot every year, but crappy deals on most everything else. Not expecting much unless its a pricing error.

Jul 3, 2019
The 4K Fire TVs I own have issues all the time, especially with booting between 4K and 1080p with Netflix. I hope for your sake the 4K Fire TV Sticks handle that better and can have a native 4K dashboard.

I have one and haven't had any real issues with my LG OLED. It doesn't switch resolutions with different apps either.

I wouldn't use a firestick if Amazon paid me. Complete trash. Stick to Roku.

I generally prefer Roku, but no Twitch kind of sucks, and the old app that you can use isn't maintained and doesn't play full quality.