• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
Hoping there's a deal on a Fire Tablet, need one for car rides for my 2 year old.

Safe Bet right? In house products always have good sales.

OP
OP
Community Forum
Oct 29, 2017

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL

Cool - did a little digging and found the actual press release

• Save $40 on the all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet, just $59.99, or get two for $99.98—a $100 savings
  • Save $50 on the Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet, just $79.99, or get two for $139.98—a $120savings

OP
OP
Community Forum
Oct 29, 2017

Nice work.

Those kids tablets are awesome. Got one for my 3yo niece Christmas before last, and it's incredible. It's restricted to just kids stuff, so there's no worrying. And the thing has held up flawlessly. She's actually learned a lot of stuff from it. Most of the apps are educational in nature.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I spent $10 at Whole Foods to get my free $10 for Prime Day. Hope I can use it on something nice and cheap, otherwise I'll just grab something cheap on my Saved for Later list.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My girlfriend and I want to do the DNA test.

So it will probably be the first year ever they aren't heavily discounted.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping Amazon or a competitor do a nice sale on the TCL 6 series. Just moved into a new place and I need a new TV

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping for good unlocked phone deals and office chairs. I'm surpised the American Unlocked Samsung A50 is not available yet.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't use a firestick if Amazon paid me. Complete trash. Stick to Roku.
I agree. I've owned a fire stick and a 4K fire stick. Both had internet connectivity issues but the 4K more so, especially while streaming 4K.

Got the 4K roku stick. No issues whatsoever, all apps I wanted are available without side loading (vudu). Bought another and sold the fire sticks.

Apr 24, 2018
I hope the hype props up the share price you all find great deals XD. In all seriousness, I haven't checked the Prime Day offerings in a long time and usually found them lacking the one or two years I did. But, I may snag the Turbo-Grafx16 mini console.

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't use a firestick if Amazon paid me. Complete trash. Stick to Roku.
For me, Roku Ultra has a lot of handshake issues and the apps, such as PlayStation Vue and Netflix, run worse, especially when switching from 1080p to 4k sources. The remote sometimes randomly requires resetting by taking the batteries out. Fire TV never gives me issues. Both are fine, neither are trash.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
For me, Roku Ultra has a lot of handshake issues and the apps, such as PlayStation Vue and Netflix, run worse, especially when switching from 1080p to 4k sources. The remote sometimes randomly requires resetting by taking the batteries out. Fire TV never gives me issues. Both are fine, neither are trash.
Woahhh there are only 3 scores on the ERA rating scale. The greatest ever, mediocre at best, absolute trash.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woahhh there are only 3 scores on the ERA rating scale. The greatest ever, mediocre at best, absolute trash.
giphy.gif

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Te shitposting is real.
Whoever is talking shit clearly hasn't find any item wanted on Amazon or never bought anything at all on prime day.
I am pleased with the purchases i've made the last 3 years.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got an email from Amex that any purchases made on my Cobalt card on Amazon during prime day gets 5x the membership points. Planning on stocking up on a bunch of essentials.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
How is Amazon with console controllers? I want to buy an Xbox controller for my PC and the built in Steam Link in my TV but I have heard that Amazon will most likely send a shitty knockoff controller instead of the actual thing.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is Amazon with console controllers? I want to buy an Xbox controller for my PC and the built in Steam Link in my TV but I have heard that Amazon will most likely send a shitty knockoff controller instead of the actual thing.

Huh? Maybe if you buy a knock off but you'll get what you opt for like any other online marketplace. Microsoft probably sell then on there like most brands tend to so it's up to them whether they want to drop the price or not for the sale

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Huh? Maybe if you buy a knock off but you'll get what you opt for like any other online marketplace. Microsoft probably sell then on there like most brands tend to so it's up to them whether they want to drop the price or not for the sale
There was a thread here a month or so ago where the OP bought a PS4 controller from Amazon and got a knockoff instead, along with the replacement they requested.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
I see that the Echo Show one is on sale for $83. But I see that the Echo Show 5 is $89. I wonder which one would be a better deal?

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I was going to get some of the new PC parts during the first Prime Day, but I am thinking about waiting until the Amazon strike ends.

I wonder if there are any good alternatives that I can use to get the parts in the meantime. Yes, I am aware that the prices will be higher.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'll paypal you 20 bucks if you let me know if you hear of a price glitch while it's still happening.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping to see the nvidia shield TV combo with controller on the cheap, need a good emulation box that isnt a retro pi aka run DC/gc/psp very well in.

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't you just follow Wario64 on Twitter, just turn on your notifications and hope for the best
When did those glitches happen last year. I would've had the Wario notifications and I didn't hear about this until last week.

I caught the Target thing which was great and got a PS4 for $140, but last year I just got DBFighterz and Persona 5 for $34 each which was fine for PrimeDay.

I also remember the site being down initially and I feel like it didn't start until the afternoon EST.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When did those glitches happen last year. I would've had the Wario notifications and I didn't hear about this until last week.

Hmm, I don't remember. Sometimes he's on top of that shit and you'll know ASAP. Other times you might hear about it on ERA first. But usually he's first.

I also remember the site being down initially and I feel like it didn't start until the afternoon EST.

Oh yea I remember that

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anything good on these early sales?

Anyways, for the real sale I'm one of the tons of people looking for computer storage. 10tb externals and cheap SSDs, I don't know if it usually happens but I would guess not due to naturally high demand.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
In the market for a budget cell phone and possibly some Bluetooth headphones as well. Hopefully this year isn't as much of a flop as some of the previous years have been.