• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
mission-amazon.jpg

Next gen will be delivered by... the Mario Bros?

Quite a big partnership! I'm not sure what % of packages will actually come using these / if they have other campaigns set up for this Holiday, more details below.

Visit the Super Mario Bros. 35th anniversary page on Amazon.com and explore various Mario products, walk through a history of the Super Mario Bros. franchise, and find hidden trivia. Be sure to look for the My Nintendo™ mission call-out on the page and follow the prompts to complete this mission and earn 100 Platinum Points. *

Click here to check it out!

If you order from Amazon this November, your package may be delivered in a Super Mario Bros. ™ branded box. Note that the Super Mario Bros. branded Amazon boxes are in limited quantity and will be used randomly, while supplies last. Purchasing Nintendo products will not increase the possibility of receiving a Super Mario Bros. branded box.

www.amazon.com

35th Anniversary: Super Mario Bros.

For the past 35 years, Mario has been running, jumping, and saving the Mushroom Kingdom from bad guys, and he couldn’t have done it without you.
mario.nintendo.com

The official home of Super Mario™ – My Nintendo missions

Complete Mario-themed My Nintendo missions and be entered into the My Nintendo Super Mario Sweepstakes.

Last edited:

Mr. Robot

Oct 30, 2017
I'll buy something just to see if i get a box, but i thought Amazon had a beef with Nintendo, i guess they are cool now.

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else think this will lead to more robbed packages due to the assumption of it being a nintendo product of some sort?

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
Oh gosh, I hope people don't think my packages are a Switch and take them.

Oct 29, 2017
Nothing says "steal me" more than a bright red Nintendo box sitting in front of the door all day when I'm at work.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Neat, but kinda glad I don't plan on ordering anything this month because I feel like this just screams "steal me!"

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I am loving how ridiculous it is that many peoples XSX and PS5 consoles are going to come wrapped in Nintendo images.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if this will increase the probability of stolen packages going into the holidays

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Imagine stealing one of these expecting a switch but instead it turns out to be a pre-owned wii or something.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Damn, they're keeping the limited theme going by giving you a few hours to pick up your package before it's stolen!

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I forgot that was a thing. What was their beef again?
IIRC people rightfully returning brand new 3DS systems with dead pixel issues to Amazon and than Amazon trying to refund the systems back to Nintendo and Nintendo basically saying that a few dead pixels on a screen aren't a cause for a refund despite the fact that the rest of the industry does that (phones,tablets,monitors,TV etc) so basically Amazon had to eat the cost of the refunds while holding on to systems with dead pixels.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That's funny. A big brown box might make thievess think twice, but a big mario theme box? Might as well just be there to hand it to them.

Part of me still wants that box though O.o

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
mission-amazon.jpg

Next gen will be delivered by... the Mario Bros?

Quite a big partnership! I'm not sure what % of packages will actually come using these / if they have other campaigns set up for this Holiday, more details below.

www.amazon.com

35th Anniversary: Super Mario Bros.

For the past 35 years, Mario has been running, jumping, and saving the Mushroom Kingdom from bad guys, and he couldn’t have done it without you.
mario.nintendo.com

The official home of Super Mario™ – My Nintendo missions

Complete Mario-themed My Nintendo missions and be entered into the My Nintendo Super Mario Sweepstakes.

You'll be lucky to get one of these since they ship nearly everything in a bubble mailer, protection be damned! 🙃

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think this will lead to more robbed packages due to the assumption of it being a nintendo product of some sort?

Lol ya. Let's just say I'm very thankful I will likely be at home when my PS5 is delivered so I can get it inside right away.

I'm a bit sketched out about boxes being left outside my place as it is.

Apr 26, 2020
Im suprised at how many people bring up robbery.

Im no American, but i know of no one in my life that got its package stolen. Lost in the mail? Sure , but stolen never.

I guess it has to do with the fact that here when you arent home packages are brought to your neighbours(if they are home) or are brought to a local store/company that has a deal with the postal service for you to pick up when you are home.

Last edited:

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Im suprised at how many people bring up robbery.

Im no American, but i know of no one in my life that got its package stolen. Lost in the mail? Sure , but stolen never.

I guess it has to do with the fact that here when you arent home packages are brought to your neighbours(if they are home) or are brought to a local store/company that has a deal with the postal service for you to pick up when you are home.
Yeah in America, if the packages aren't dropped at your door step and off to the next house within a very tight window, it's basically a penalty for the driver. It's why you often see packages just tossed at the door with neglect because they gotta head to next delivery and clear out their packed truck.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't want that to be left on my porch while I'm gone. Bright colors, recognizable characters? Might as well have a bullseye on it for thieves.

Apr 26, 2020
Yeah in America, if the packages aren't dropped at your door step and off to the next house within a very tight window, it's basically a penalty for the driver. It's why you often see packages just tossed at the door with neglect because they gotta head to next delivery and clear out their packed truck.

Not to make it a bash thread, but America always amazes me (often in a negative way), ill add this to me list xD. lets hope they dont get stolen for the most of you.

Btw left at the doorstep? I think postal drivers here need to confirm that the inhabitants of the house had received their package wich means physically giving it to them or dropping it of after the doorstep(so inside the house).

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Looks like Amazon and Nintendo are on good terms again!

Not to make it a bash thread, but America always amazes me (often in a negative way), ill add this to me list xD. lets hope they dont get stolen for the most of you

Screwing over delivery drivers really isn't an American phenomenon tbh
The exploitation happens here in Europe too.
As long as people demand "free shipping & return" and can't be arsed to adjust use pickup locations, nothing will change.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect opportunity to reuse the box to pack Christmas presents. Making unsuspecting people think it's a nintendo switch and then bam, socks.

It'll be cool to get one though, time to order a few amazon goodies.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Aren't most people still working from home? The Amazon delivery folks always knock..rather loudly at that. I get notifications on multiple devices when they deliver too. I usually get them right away and yell a thank you personally.

I imagine anyone who wants to steal will do it without much extra provocation needed.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Aren't most people still working from home? The Amazon delivery folks always knock..rather loudly at that. I get notifications on multiple devices when they deliver too. I usually get them right away and yell a thank you personally.

I imagine anyone who wants to steal will do it without much extra provocation needed.

lol

In my experience, they just drop the package and thats it.

I sometimes just get a notification with a picture that its been dropped.

Best Buy actually gave me a call to let me know it was delivered - so that was nice.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
As much as I like the collab, its a good thing I live in an apartment with a doorman and have an in-between-jobs brother that can pick up stuff for me.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, if you order w/ Prime you also will get live-tracking.