• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Only if that PC has Windows 10.

Well I just put it together right before christmas so yeah, I sucked it up and put 10 on there because I figured that 7 by now would start seeing stuff not support it so why buy a really old/outdated system (even if I would have preferred that system).

Though... really? SoD 2 is going to require 10?

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Well I just put it together right before christmas so yeah, I sucked it up and put 10 on there because I figured that 7 by now would start seeing stuff not support it so why buy a really old/outdated system (even if I would have preferred that system).

Though... really? SoD 2 is going to require 10?
All Xbox exclusives require Windows 10 because it uses the Microsoft Store which Windows 7 and 8 do not have.

Oct 27, 2017
Few things:

1) Give CD3 the time it needs if it means it'll be a better game, after the criticism I think that's what their doing as well as waiting the right time to show it again.

2) Fix the damn Windows Store before these games release so that people may actually fucking buy the games and play them fine. Oh, and also download them fine.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Few things:

1) Give CD3 the time it needs if it means it'll be a better game, after the criticism I think that's what their doing as well as waiting the right time to show it again.

2) Fix the damn Windows Store before these games release so that people may actually fucking buy the games and play them fine. Oh, and also download them fine.
Phil Spencer said improving the "Games" section of the Microsoft Store is one of his main priorities as part of his new role of controlling gaming on every Microsoft platform.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, yes it is. Presumably it's the eye of the person looking out the window. Don't you get lens flare when you're near a strong light source IRL?
It makes no sense.

It's weird, right? Designers need to stop doing this because they think it looks cool. It just looks distracting.

No, it's lens flare in the lens in the camera taking the (pretend) photo.

Also what broken glass?

The box art is from the perspective of a camera looking out of a window frame, that has had its windowpane smashed in and partially boarded up. There are damaged silk-like curtains to the left and right of the frame, and what remains of the broken glass window can be seen in front of the wood panels. The cracks in the glass are even visible in the bottom-left of the frame.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018
Phil Spencer said improving the "Games" section of the Microsoft Store is one of his main priorities as part of his new role of controlling gaming on every Microsoft platform.
But how could he? the store is managed by the windows team,separate from xbox. I think a much better idea would be to move the games (except the F2P/Mobile ports stuff) to the Xbox Win 10 app and make it
the gateway of Microsoft games on Win10. Also,the app itself is in a much better state the the MS app store.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
But how could he? the store is managed by the windows team,separate from xbox. I think a much better idea would be to move the games (except the F2P/Mobile ports stuff) to the Xbox Win 10 app and make it
the gateway of Microsoft games on Win10. Also,the app itself is in a much better state the the MS app store.
IIRC, he says he only has power over the Xbox app and the "Games" section of Microsoft Store. Can he not just take the Games section out and merge it with the Xbox app/create a Windows 10 games-focused storefront on the Xbox app?

Cbrun44

As someone said, it's possible Microsoft does a 1.5-2 month release schedule:
March - Sea of Thieves
May - State of Decay 2
June - Crackdown 3
August - Something for 20th Anniversary of Banjo Kazooie
October - Forza Horizon 4
December - ???
February - Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Obviously nowhere near the prestige of Sony's 2018 exclusive release schedule but looking at this I'd likely be day 1 for each of those releases. So solid start I'd say along with surely other scattered unannounced releases.

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC, he says he only has power over the Xbox app and the "Games" section of Microsoft Store. Can he not just take the Games section out and merge it with the Xbox app/create a Windows 10 games-focused storefront on the Xbox app?

Would really like a source for these, cause even if thats the case i dont see it happening soon. Also the games section is integrated as a whole to the store, so I don't see how just working on the games section would affect the other sections.

Time will tell I guess.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Would really like a source for these, cause even if thats the case i dont see it happening soon. Also the games section is integrated as a whole to the store, so I don't see how just working on the games section would affect the other sections.

Time will tell I guess.
He didn't explicitly talk about the store. He was asked in an interview on if he knows how bad gaming is with UWP.

His reply was something like "Yeah, I admit it needs work compared to something like Steam, that's actually part of my new role at Microsoft as Vice President of Gaming. I'm not only controlling Xbox anymore, I've been tasked to make sure Gaming feels good on all Microsoft devices, not just Xbox, whether that's Xbox, PC, mobile or HoloLens. PC is definitely one of my focuses right now."

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the games are not finished this could happen, but normally you don't want 2 exclusives in the Sommer months.
One game in February would be more beneficial.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Obviously nowhere near the prestige of Sony's 2018 exclusive release schedule but looking at this I'd likely be day 1 for each of those releases. So solid start I'd say along with surely other scattered unannounced releases.
There's got to be some of the "console launch exclusive" stuff coming in 2018 too. I'm interested in Black Desert for my first MMO, and Ashen looks cool.

Also I'd be down for a remaster of the Gears 2 campaign. Fuck that MP tho, just remake some more 2 maps for 4 and I'm good.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Imagine if they could exclusive up Anthem and cyberpunk as well. Would be awesome
It would be but it will not happen in a million years. Anthem is EA and CDPR is committed to deliver games to the biggest user base possible without restrictions like time exclusives (and they have enough money thanks to W3). And I cannot imagine what Microsoft would be spending to cover the loss taking away PS4 for any dev/ed (like more than their annual exclusive budget easily).