• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered (Xbox One): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Buy Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered (Xbox One) from Amazon.co.uk. Everyday low prices on a huge range of consoles, games and accessories.

ZySZnr3.png

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've completely lost track of what any of the NFS games were called or which were good

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not announce this at EA Play?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I've completely lost track of what any of the NFS games were called or which were good

this is Hot Pursuit 2010, made by peak Criterion (Burnout)
its the best NFS since Most Wanted 2005.

It's simple, focused, super tight and fun. It already felt, 10 years ago, like a throwback to simplier arcade games. I think it would only get better with time within our day and age or bloated open world and useless upgrades game design

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
If this is the price and its coming to Switch ...this could be the first retail EA release on Switch doing relatively well compared to the other versions.

Well assuming it's a solid version.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Jeff Grubb said this was going to happen back in June in an EA games on Switch feature.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what they'll do with it. The game still looks really good. It's the last Need For Speed I played a lot too.

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Feels like it could be the lauch date for the next-gen consoles. So lets hope there's upgrades to enhanced PS5/SX versions too.

Stunning game, Can't wait to see what they've done to it.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar

It's simple, focused, super tight and fun. It already felt, 10 years ago, like a throwback to simplier arcade games. I think it would only get better with time within our day and age or bloated open world and useless upgrades game design
It's crazy this game is seen in this way, because at the time of this game it felt like there was a general malaise towards NFS (kind of like there is now, but for different reasons).

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy this game is seen in this way, because at the time of this game it felt like there was a general malaise towards NFS (kind of like there is now, but for different reasons).

I feel it was wildly anticipated after the horrible mess that were pro street, undercover and even shift as it was not what people wanted

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
...oh. I was excited for a moment thinking this was PS1-era Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit.

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
Hope they can keep the OST in tact...

... Actually they can lose the terrible Weezer tune, but that's all.

Last edited:

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Was the last NFS game even my non racing friends had. Auto log was actually a lot of fun constantly going back trying to take down my friends time. I remember that first police chase got down to 10ths of seconds to try and beat each other's time. It was a 14 second event and it got really sweaty 😂

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

The simplicity of Hot Pursuit is what was great. They stripped out all the customization and it was largely just about supercars racing around a map. It made the Autolog much more enjoyable compared to games afterwards because of that reason as well. Fastest times came down to how fast you were and how good you were at keeping your nitrous stocked by driving in the opposite lane or getting near misses rather than your car setup.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018

Shift (2009) was pretty good.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to drift round those amazing corners up in the mountains again. The handling in this game was arcade perfection.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
The simplicity of Hot Pursuit is what was great. They stripped out all the customization and it was largely just about supercars racing around a map. It made the Autolog much more enjoyable compared to games afterwards because of that reason as well. Fastest times came down to how fast you were and how good you were at keeping your nitrous stocked by driving in the opposite lane or getting near misses rather than your car setup.
So let's say the only non-kart racing games I've ever liked are Ridge Racer PSP and Burnout Legends PSP.

This game sounds right up my alley right?

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
The only racing game I ever played enough to get the Platinum trophy, besides Burnout Paradise. Which also got a remaster; guess there's a pattern.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So let's say the only non-kart racing games I've ever liked are Ridge Racer PSP and Burnout Legends PSP.

This game sounds right up my alley right?

I think there's a good chance you will. The game has a fantastic sense of speed is and while it's not as arcadey as the two games you mention, it leans far more in that direction than more recent "arcade" racers that are more of a hybrid of sim and arcade.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Great, now I'm installing it again. I think it may have been the last EA game I bought before they left Steam.

Also remake High Stakes, you cowards

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember if it was free or I paid a dollar, but it looks great on steam / pc. I think I already have the remastered game in a way.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait to drift round those amazing corners up in the mountains again. The handling in this game was arcade perfection.
Yeah, I hated how all the frostbite games by Ghost Games tried to imitate the handling but never got it right, the physics always were off in those games, even if the customization and graphics were pretty cool, it doesnt do much when the game around them is mediocre.
I always felt like you are a little bit too glued to the street in Hot Pursuit and crashes never really felt right because of the life bars.
But they rectified those things in their Most Wanted, but that game was really bad with single player content and the limited amount of races per car. Was also kinda closer to a Burnout Paradise 2 with real cars and less car deformation.

The dream to me would still be a remaster of the Undergrounds or the original Most Wanted.
Always liked the handling in those.
They were arcadey, drifts weren't overly arcadey like in Outrun or Daytona, the cars had weight to the and didn't feel glued to the street, but it was absolutely not a simulation type game.
I know no modern game with similar driving feel, but theres lots of arcade racer revivals.
Grid or Driveclub don't really come close and are clsoed racetrack racing games.
Forza Horizon is not arcadey enough and I never really liked how much of an advantage allwheel drive cars have over the others in their, in stability and power.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Hot Pursuit?

I really thought we were gonna get Most wanted remastered.
They will probably do the Most Wnated reboot after this next because it's less work.
But I can't see them forget about the best selling game in the series, especially because Most Wante 2005 is so beloved, it's just older so it would need a greater graphical touchup.
Also I don't know what they'd with the FMVs in that game, do they still have higher res masters than the 360 ones? Or would they just upscale?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Since it's rumored to release on Switch as well, and given how they priced Burnout Paradise there, I really wonder if there'll be some weird tax again...

Great game anyway.