• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
It is a great Game. I recently played a big part of it on PC again in 4k. Fun experience but it showed its age and it felt somewhat limited in races.

35 pounds seems a little much but curious to see If they are going to add things. If they would include splitscreen I would buy it.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Since it's rumored to release on Switch as well, and given how they priced Burnout Paradise there, I really wonder if there'll be some weird tax again...

Great game anyway.
Switch is listed too, someone else linked it here already after your post and it was always in the drop down menu were you select the platform in the link in the OP.
Just weird that PS4 isnt listed yet.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Don't play with my emotions. On one side it's Hot Pursuit. On the other it's still EA.
giphy.gif

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Please tell me it was as good as the XBOX game! :(

Edit: I played this one:

51HG9Q8D14L._SY445_.jpg
I would say the biggest difference is drift mechanics.
It feels a lot more like Burnout or classic Arcade racers like Daytona in that regard where you tap the brake and go into a drift.
There's also takedowns like in Burnout but they are based on lifebars which is weird.
But other that that it's in a very similar vein with cool police chases, nice countryside races and weird chase weaponry like EMPs or spike strips.
The only thing I was missing was a quickrace mode really.

Jan 2, 2018
it's way better than the xbox/PC/GC version of HP2.
The PS2 version of HP2, which was done by black box, and is rather different to the other versions - I'd say HP 2010 is on par with that.
I would say the biggest difference is drift mechanics.
It feels a lot more like Burnout or classic Arcade racers like Daytona in that regard where you tap the brake and go into a drift.
There's also takedowns like in Burnout but they are based on lifebars which is weird.
But other that that it's in a very similar vein with cool police chases, nice countryside races and weird chase weaponry like EMPs or spike strips.
The only thing I was missing was a quickrace mode really.

Thank you! Sounds pretty good to me, so I'm looking forward to it now! Would be cool if it really comes to the Switch. If not, PC it is.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
It's one of the best arcade racers ever, for the handling, general balance and structure. None of that overload of systems and upgrade and shit we have today. Only think I'm a bit worried about is the custom soundtrack. The OST was 95% garbage, and I use to have my own playlist on PS3. I don't think that's possible on PS4.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Thank you! Sounds pretty good to me, so I'm looking forward to it now! Would be cool if it really comes to the Switch. If not, PC it is.
To be honest the game is very nice looking even now and pretty cheap on Steam, sometimes as low 2,24€, so I really wanna see what upgrades it brings before buying.
Maybe it will repopulate the online, but I don't really see a reason to get it on PC right now if it doesn't have any exceptional new updates, be it just features or content.
Switch is already listed on Amazon so fingers crossed for that, would be much more likely to buy that.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Was this track based or open world? i enjoyed how Most Wanted played, but I didn't like the Burnout Paradise style structure.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Was this track based or open world? i enjoyed how Most Wanted played, but I didn't like the Burnout Paradise style structure.
As Linus already said it is one big interconnected world that you can also free roam in if you want to, but it's really just an afterhtought, because there's not much to do there other than driving.
The meat of the game is obviously the racing and the police chases for which the roads are closed off by these holographic arrow walls that point you in the direction the track is going.
I think they had collision?
So there are no visible checkpoints like some other games.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
it has a free roam mode but its honestly just a gimmick. The map feels like it was designed with the routes in mind first.
As Linus already said it is one big interconnected world that you can also free roam in if you want to, but it's really just an afterhtought, because there's not much to do there other than driving.
The meat of the game is obviously the racing and the police chases for which the roads are closed off by these holographic arrow walls that point you in the direction the track is going.
I think they had collision?
So there are no visible checkpoints like some other games.
Oh, OK. That sounds perfect lol.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
it has a free roam mode but its honestly just a gimmick. The map feels like it was designed with the routes in mind first.

In that sense it's the closest to the original NFS from 3DO. You can just drive around with you supercar, without any other care in the world and without rewards.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Great game. I really liked the original.
But that is an odd price. It's probably a remaster.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Truly one of the great arcade racers. FYI it's been on steam for years (never left to origin), is an awesome 60fps port and is frequently 5 dollars. If you have the capability. I basically never uninstall it

Gazkapop

Nov 3, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Besides playing a small amount of Rivals and the reboot, this was probably the last NFS I seriously played.

Hope they remove the insane amount of rubber banding that existed in the original.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
While the game is amazing, I hope they update the car roster to include modern cars cos it would be kind of odd to play with pre 2010 cars again. A selection of the cars from NFS Heat would do quite nicely.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was known. Or was it only for Switch? Not like it wouldn't release on everything.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the thinking was for having games like this and Mass Effect in the pipeline for this year, but leaving them out of the EA Live stream. They could have actually had a half decent one this year

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's a fantastic game! One of the best NFS in the more modern era, but it's kind of a burnout game in disguise. I'd love for them to go back and remaster the original games. NFS3: Hot Pursuit along with 2 and 4 were some of the defining games of my childhood. Played hours and hours of them on PC with a keyboard :/.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder what the thinking was for having games like this and Mass Effect in the pipeline for this year, but leaving them out of the EA Live stream. They could have actually had a half decent one this year
From what we've heard people like Jeff Grubb talk about, apart from Mass Effect, all these reveals were actually meant for Directs.
They just reach the NIntendo audience better that way than at their own shows, especially after all these years of neglecting Nintendo customers.
When Nintendo restructured their marketing plans after COVID hit and E3 was cancelled, they told publishers to not wait on them, so EA put some of the games into their own show.
With the rumors of a Direct soon, Need for Speed will probably pop up there.

Regarding Mass Effect, I honestly don't know, maybe EA just doesn't think remasters are that big of a deal? I mean the only other game they remastered was Burnout paradise so far wasn't it?
How was that announced because I honestly don't remember.
Mass Effect confuses me to be honest, people have been pretty loud about it for years, so the demand is there.
Maybe they wanted to wait for a specific date?
Though november 7th would be kind of late for a reveal, so I don''t know when.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The last great NFS title. I already have it on PC, but I'd seriously consider getting it again if it were remastered (even though the PC version run great).

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This better not be taking the place of the Mass Effect Trilogy or I swear to fuck..

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
From what we've heard people like Jeff Grubb talk about, apart from Mass Effect, all these reveals were actually meant for Directs.
They just reach the NIntendo audience better that way than at their own shows, especially after all these years of neglecting Nintendo customers.
When Nintendo restructured their marketing plans after COVID hit and E3 was cancelled, they told publishers to not wait on them, so EA put some of the games into their own show.
With the rumors of a Direct soon, Need for Speed will probably pop up there.

Regarding Mass Effect, I honestly don't know, maybe EA just doesn't think remasters are that big of a deal? I mean the only other game they remastered was Burnout paradise so far wasn't it?
How was that announced because I honestly don't remember.
Mass Effect confuses me to be honest, people have been pretty loud about it for years, so the demand is there.
Maybe they wanted to wait for a specific date?
Though november 7th would be kind of late for a reveal, so I don''t know when.
Yeah. I feel like they know the potential a Mass Effect Remaster has, so maybe this is a sign it's as barebones as could possibly be? If it gets revealed to be a full-effort remaster, the choice to wait so long to reveal it will be extra confusing. Who knows

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Please tell me it was as good as the XBOX game! :(

Edit: I played this one:

51HG9Q8D14L._SY445_.jpg

I've played both and they're really damn close.

My top 3 are Most Wanted (360), NFS Hot Pursuit 2 and NFS Hot Pursuit (2010).

edit: You might have played the worse version of Hot Pursuit 2 btw. The PS2 version was better.