Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. Not only will they be fast tracking S2, but I'm sure MS is really eager to get another Fallout game ready ASAP — either a remaster or a new game entirely.
Probably a remaster of FO3 and New Vegas would make the most sense.

It would be pretty cool if Bethesda themselves actually didn't make any game that takes place around the show's setting (LA/Vault 33) but left that open for modders to create their own stories. Similar to the Fallout London mod but with Creation Kit 2.

hunnies28

Sep 16, 2020
3 and NV are better but they're also pretty old at this point and you might bounce off of them.

Play 4. 76 if you still want more afterwards but its a different kind of experience better appreciated once you've got a feel for the mainline games.
So I've heard, I think I have access to those games via gamepass. Are those games supposed to be played as a set? I have mostly seen people recommend NV over 3.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So I've heard, I think I have access to those games via gamepass. Are those games supposed to be played as a set? I have mostly seen people recommend NV over 3.
No, each Fallout game takes place in the same universe but works as its own standalone experience. Each game takes place in a specific state in the US with mostly its own struggles, characters, etc. None of the games are direct sequels so every game works pretty well as someones first Fallout.

3/NV were made in the same console gen and have deeper roleplaying elements than 4 which streamlined a lot of things, better dialog choices, skill checks, easier to make your character and their personality feel unique among each playthrough, that kind of thing. You don't have to play them if they don't look appealing.

4 is by far the most accessible and has the best graphics, modern conveniences and combat.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Great show outside the Brotherhood of Steel stuff and the cringe sex talk scenes. Looking forward to season 2

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Unabashed love for the source material meets incredible talent that sets the perfect tone.

Binged it twice already, while the freshly patched with 60fps Fallout 4 has me back in its clutches, hiking through the wasteland to Diamond City radio.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Unabashed love for the source material meets incredible talent that sets the perfect tone.

Binged it twice already, while the freshly patched with 60fps Fallout 4 has me back in its clutches, hiking through the wasteland to Diamond City radio.
Still waiting on patches for the massive list of mods broken by the update myself. ;_;

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Loved the show so much! I am actually anticipating season 2 as much as I am anticipating the next Fallout game, it was that good.
I am now curious what is the number one most watched Amazon show ..The Boys? The Lord of the Rings show?

Hellstruck

Jun 29, 2022
My boss at work who knows nothing about videogames but knows I do did the ol' "Hey I watched Fallout did you?"
That's when I knew the show was big. I don't watch any shows though so I just listened to him gush for a bit.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Biggest fear is them whitewashing the Imperium/making them look heroic or relatable.

They're space nazis on steroids.

I mean, Starship Troopers couldn't have made it more obvious that humanity were evil nazis, yet people still felt the film was pro nazi propaganda. Media literacy is just at an all time low and I don't know how they can account for that.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ive never wanted new fallout content in my life more than I do right now

I NEED a new fallout title

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Gotta say its a good feeling when your favorite game series of all time gets an adaption with an insane budget, great writing and is then rewarded for it.

Good signs for the future of gaming on television and film.
As a Fallout fan this is amazing. My favorite media in existence is finally super popular and is going places. About time people see what I have seen.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Looked great from the trailers then everyone on Twitter was saying it looked bad from the couple of scenes that were released.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played any of the games but through cultural osmosis and watching my older brother play a decent chunk of Fallout 3 in 2008/2009, I knew a fair bit about the world and man did they fucking nail it. Just the right mix of compelling drama and tongue in cheek dark humor, with a dash of crudeness. Seriously can't wait to see more of it.

Rixam

Jan 2, 2023
Amazon will probably try to spin up more shows based on games. I assume God of War is next up but I wonder what they try after?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Who is the breadwinner now, TES?

*Skyrim show does three times the ratings*

Aww shit....well, nonetheless.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
giphy.gif

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
fallout was awesome
last of us was awesome
sonic is pretty good
twisted metal is pretty good
halo wasn't good but it had its moments

what happened, witcher. you should have spawned 5 series and been a massive hit but i don't know a single person who is interested in watching anymore of that show.

I can see in the next few years stuff based on Tomb Raider, Mass Effect (the biggest "no duh" prestige project), Bioshock, Assassins Creed.

It'd be interesting seeing someone try to tackle stuff like Red Dead Redemption or GTA San Andreas/Vice City lol

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
fallout was awesome
last of us was awesome
sonic is pretty good
twisted metal is pretty good
halo wasn't good but it had its moments

what happened, witcher. you should have spawned 5 series and been a massive hit but i don't know a single person who is interested in watching anymore of that show.
To be fair, Witcher is still better than at least Halo and Twisted Metal

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
If it wasn't already obvious that we're going to see a lot of Video Game TV Shows and such get greenlit...
Honestly I'm alright with this. Doesn't even have to be direction adaptations either since so many of these games feel like they have settings perfect for expansive original adaptations. Like how we got with his Fallout show or Cyberpunk Edgerunners.

Oct 25, 2017
But I was told Fallout would quickly fall out of the mainstream since they dropped all the episodes at once?

Considering this about minutes watched being out all at once is obviously going to help that with there being more of it to watch.

Also, the show came out less than 3 weeks ago, it would be on episode 3 or 4 this week, would have continued to air for another month if it was weekly.

For as big as the show has been I still think that the word of mouth would have worked even better for a weekly release. I don't hate all at once, but I feel like weekly is the objectively best way to watch and discuss a show which leads to having even more time to grow especially when it's good like Fallout is.

May 31, 2022
Regarding any possible Elder Scrolls TV adaptations, Todd Howard stated in an interview that "Everybody asks, like, about Elder Scrolls" and Todd "keep saying no" to a Elder Scrolls TV adaptation: https://www.ign.com/articles/todd-h...allout-ill-probably-say-no-but-you-never-know

So, with those encouraging signs, does Howard think other Bethesda properties will be getting the adaptation treatment?

"I don't know. There's nothing in the works," he says. "Everybody asks, like, about Elder Scrolls, and I keep saying no also. And I would approach those - I'll probably say no. You never know if someone's gunna click. But I think this really came out of, 'we think things are aligning to do a high-quality job.' It wasn't forced. It was kind of a natural relationship and 'hey, this sounds really cool.' As opposed to, 'we should have a show,' right? It never came from that."

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
The Witcher was stuck between a rock and a hard place given that the franchise became popular because of the games, but the show was based on the books. Add in that the games are fan fiction set after the events of the books that ignores the ending from the books and many other details and the show was going to be screwed over sticking to the books. And that's even before getting into that the source material of the Witcher books would be really difficult to adapt faithfully to a TV show

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
I'm one of the non-players that watched it. It wasn't on my radar at all until I saw all the positive reviews and decided to give it a shot. Very good show.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Loved the first season. Never been a fan of the ip prior or any Bethesda game. Made me actually try to play Fallout 4 and 3 for real and so far I am having a really good time.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
You can be rest assured s2 will be a 2-3 episode drop and then weekly, like all their other big shows.

It generated a huge new fanbase and now just like with the boys back then with subsequent seasons you want people subbing for more months.