• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I was a little underwhelmed by the Super-Duper Mart set when those pics came out (granted who knows what the effects team will do in post), but that vault set looks really great. Almost looked like a screenshot of Fallout 4 for a second until my brain registered that the props were real objects.

The treatment of Fallout by the bastard Todd Howard can only be classified as an atrocity. And it's Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy running the series, so I'm not confident the writing won't be ultra-convoluted.

Jonathan Nolan, creator of two amazing television shows and writer for several extremely good movies?

That makes me MORE excited about this show, not less. I didn't realize he was working on it.

Vonterribad

Jul 17, 2022
The sets look amazing. I love the Fallout IP, one of the few I thought could translate really well to the screen 1950s nuclear futurism.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I was a little underwhelmed by the Super-Duper Mart set when those pics came out (granted who knows what the effects team will do in post), but that vault set looks really great. Almost looked like a screenshot of Fallout 4 for a second until my brain registered that the props were real objects.

Devil is in the post-FX work. Just like TLOU looks very underwhelming when looking at set pictures like this, but I bet it will be visually real looker once post-FX is done.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018

dp1w.jpg

www.instagram.com

Harold Gonzalez on Instagram: "Well it’s official. My area is fallout cannon. Well we’ll see when the show comes out. Super glad I live up the block from this set. #fallout #falloutnewvegas #bethesda #gaming #falloutshow #photography #wasteland"

95 likes, 4 comments - harold_9000July 23, 2022 on : "Well it’s official. My area is fallout cannon. Well we’ll see when the show comes out. Super glad I live up the block from this set. ..."

View: https://twitter.com/FilmsFallout/status/1559693346112786447?t=Bu9z0dUY6zDj5dmHwnHLzg&s=19
NKCSKPQXMJFZXNGS7NW6KNRX4I.jpg
R7EXJGT5GFBKZALBU7MPBQ7JEI.jpg

SEF77IUAINDI3L7HLQDEOQKXCM.jpg
5YQKJOUYNVCMDB7SWPYSPSIYCY.jpg

BLS6BFXSYFF73PSWCTSOJKSGM4.jpg
HTYXMV47QNHKBPAKBJN5OHBOC4.jpg

BHC4G45JW5EUZMSUXGEFVXGXZU.jpg

www.silive.com

Exclusive final photos taken before Amazon’s “Fallout” set went under wraps on Staten Island

New details emerge at the Super Duper Mart before set is hidden from prying eyes.

View: https://twitter.com/Nuclearwargames/status/1552450324958482432?t=Qe4RGqiGHA2CyDhhglPZMQ&s=19
FX4wY3AXEAQ-75T

FX40FDWWYAI7_Tw

Not sharing it but the Power Armor props are absolute fire also.

With post-production everything is gonna look even better.

I wonder if Dogmeat will be in the series too since there was a dog in almost every game.

Vault 32 is something new right?

Yes it was never mentionned in the lore.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
dp1w.jpg

www.instagram.com

Harold Gonzalez on Instagram: "Well it’s official. My area is fallout cannon. Well we’ll see when the show comes out. Super glad I live up the block from this set. #fallout #falloutnewvegas #bethesda #gaming #falloutshow #photography #wasteland"

95 likes, 4 comments - harold_9000July 23, 2022 on : "Well it’s official. My area is fallout cannon. Well we’ll see when the show comes out. Super glad I live up the block from this set. ..."

View: https://twitter.com/FilmsFallout/status/1559693346112786447?t=Bu9z0dUY6zDj5dmHwnHLzg&s=19

www.silive.com

Exclusive final photos taken before Amazon’s “Fallout” set went under wraps on Staten Island

New details emerge at the Super Duper Mart before set is hidden from prying eyes.

View: https://twitter.com/Nuclearwargames/status/1552450324958482432?t=Qe4RGqiGHA2CyDhhglPZMQ&s=19
FX4wY3AXEAQ-75T

FX40FDWWYAI7_Tw

I wonder if Dogmeat will be in the series too since there was a dog in almost every game.

thanks for the pics. Do you mean you're not sharing the power armor pics or someone else is? Would love to see.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah not sure why you wouldn't just put the power armour props behind spoiler if you are there concerned?

Either way, the large reliance on practical sets is extremely pleasing. CGI can only do so much for realism.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018
thanks for the pics. Do you mean you're not sharing the power armor pics or someone else is? Would love to see.
Yeah not sure why you wouldn't just put the power armour props behind spoiler if you are there concerned?

Either way, the large reliance on practical sets is extremely pleasing. CGI can only do so much for realism.

www.pcgamer.com

Leaked shots show Amazon's colossal take on Fallout's power armour

Photos from the set of the upcoming TV show suggest that Amazon is taking its design cues from Fallout 4 and 76.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
dp1w.jpg

www.instagram.com

www.silive.com

FX4wY3AXEAQ-75T

FX40FDWWYAI7_Tw

That picture of that one truck looks like it was half-assed armored up after the bombs fell. Think they're going to have drivable vehicles in the show?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
East Coast sigh. I was cautious before, now i'm completely out. Nobody can squeeze a good story out of todds leftovers

Last edited:

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I'm glad Amazon picked the series and not Netflix.

The chances of this ending up really good are pretty high

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
Walton Goggins as a ghoul gives me the hope that it will be played goofy. Could be fun, but I'm not as invested in Fallout as I used to be.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I hope it ends up good, there's certainly potential there.

As an aside, I find it interesting in post-apocalypse settings like this that everything is always still so grimy (burned out cars everywhere etc.). In reality if there was a nuclear attack and then survivors eventually returned to the surface, I wonder if folks would tidy up and try and make shit look presentable? Or would we just live among the wreckage like animals...

Beelzebufo

Jun 1, 2022
Canada
it must be crazy to live in places where shows and movies are filmed. like, you're just going to work one day and suddenly this one place is post apocalyptic or superman is sitting their smoking a cigarette

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Remains to be seen if the writing and tone feels right but goddamn did they nail the look.

Thats just straight up Fallout 1:1

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I wonder if the original Fallout team back in 1997 ever thought their little isometric RPG project would become a billion dollar multimedia franchise 25 years later.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Looks like they nailed the vault design. Really excited for this, I really hope they nail it because I will be locked in for sure. Fallout is one of my favorite universes.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Lets hope they use the west coast or DC supermutant designs instead of 4's that kind of oddly look like melting potatoes.

Last edited:

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
This looks so much better than I expected. Always love it when physical props are used over special effects, especially when they manage to stay true to the source material. Hope that's the case with the other aspects of the movie

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The whole "ghouls suddenly no longer need to eat or drink" retcon in 4 with the boy in the fridge and the gangster ghoul was so dumb that I really hope they just ignore that actually being a thing.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I want the first episode to take place entirely in a Vault, leading to going outside at the end.

But they're never going to do that, right?
I imagine the protagonist will be a vault dweller.

Much like it is in the games, its an easy way to set up and explain things than just dumping you straight into the wasteland with a relatively normal/relatable lead before they start eating people and injecting jet straight into their eyeballs by season 4.

Would be easier to hook people though if it actually had some wasteland action and horror. Maybe bookend the beggining and end of the episode with those bits?