• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
The biggest launch so far was recorded by Valheim with 498k ccu

vhlMsce.png

Jeff Bezos is winning something with their gaming division.

Next year they will also launch Lost Ark on Steam

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
After Crucible, they needed a win. Hope they manage to sort out their server issues quickly.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I still have no idea what kind of game this is. Has there been any marketing for this?

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
MMO players looking for a home yet again!
Hope for them this hype will last more than a month, never easy being a stranded dying genre enthusiast. Ive been there!

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not an MMO player but this seems like a decent game with friends. I got my free copy from Amazon for "pre-ordering" back when it was f2p.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Its so weird that a game with no hype from the hardcore gaming community (at least the sites I go on) can be so successful so fast.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Damn were people hyped for this?

It's been available on Steam in a closed manner for a long time to those prepurchasing for the closed beta (at the time)
The game isn't actually out yet officially. It should be out later today (maybe 4hrs), but it's ramped up as people are jumping in for launch. It was already doing amazingly well before launch

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what to expect from this game but I just purchased it after realizing it's a one time purchase with no monthly fees. Eh, i'll give it a whirl.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
My friend swears by this game. He fell of WoW, returned for classic, gave it up once Activision stated showing their arses on the China stuff. Tried FF14 but like me it didn't click for him.

He's tried a bunch of MMOs that I have too, that neither of us got into. He thinks this could be the one. Very curious to give it a go...

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
It's been available on Steam in a closed manner for a long time to those prepurchasing for the closed beta (at the time)
The game isn't actually out yet officially. It should be out later today (maybe 4hrs), but it's ramped up as people are jumping in for launch. It was already doing amazingly well before launch
There has to be some catch, 40 bucks no subscription...is it 10 hours or somethin?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Damn and its not even peak time. It will be 400+ in a few hours. MMO thirst is real

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love playing World of Warcraft, but I might check this out at some point because of no subscription fee (assuming this game has legs and survives past 6 months without massive player dropoff). I wonder how Amazon is gonna fund new content without a sub fee though?

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
They're marketing it very aggressively. I see ads for it all the time all over Reddit even though I never searched for this game or looked it up.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Didn't think I'd see an Amazon win on the gaming front after Crucible, but I didn't think the game would be this popular. I still haven't even checked out any gameplay.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how it is different from other MMOs?
It has a lot of heritage with older MMOs from the beginning of the Genre. Guilds can control cities and have to fight to defend them against enemy player factions. There's Player housing and the usual PVE stuff as well as a bunch of pvp.

LuckyLocke

Avenger
Nov 27, 2017
Yeayh OP it wasn't a global launch, it was a staggered launch. US East servers opens up.... now actually 😃

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Its so weird that a game with no hype from the hardcore gaming community (at least the sites I go on) can be so successful so fast.
I mean it's an Amazon game, it's advertised on Amazon and twitch. Those two sites will attract more people than any of those gaming websites combined.
It's had an ungodly amount of money put in it and the devs have been working on it for 5 years now. It was bound to have atleast some success as long as the product was even half decent.

People in MMO scene have been craving for a AAA modern MMO, the last AAA MMO we had was in 2014 with Black Desert Online. And with WoW being in its shitty days, and FFXIV having its downtime pre Endwalker launch, this is great timing for New World.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Chances of it being the next big MMO?

Or going to be another one that just fades away in a few months.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Well the MMO genre has been stagnant for a while now so it's nice to see something new.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely surprised how popular this game has been throughout beta and now launch. Happy to see more competition in the MMO market though.

Very, very interested to see how well it does long-term, best part of MMOs for many players is those launch weeks exploring a new world with other people before it starts to rely on the systems.

The game doesn't really appeal to me at all outside of the combat but defo gonna follow it and will probably try it when I get a new GPU next year (hopefully).

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
One of my friends told me this game has problematic themes of Colonialism where you force people off their land. Is this true? How do they address it?

Demileto

Apr 23, 2018
After Crucible, they needed a win. Hope they manage to sort out their server issues quickly.

Didn't think I'd see an Amazon win on the gaming front after Crucible, but I didn't think the game would be this popular. I still haven't even checked out any gameplay.

Side note, but I'll be forever amused how no one ever remembers the very average The Grand Tour Game when discussing Amazon Game Studios's deplorable performance thus far. Game really was that forgettable! :)

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
Curious to see if the endgame keeps players and where this game will be 1/2 months from now (esp. with Endwalker getting closer). Personally, I don't get the hype as it looks pretty boring but I wish them well. More MMOs doing well is a good thing.