• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/avengers-infinity-war-45873

Avengers: Infinity War

An entire universe. Once and for all.

An unprecedented cinematic journey ten year in the making and spanning the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel Studios' AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR brings to the screen the ultimate, deadliest showdown of all time. The Avengers and their Super Hero allies must be willing to sacrifice all in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe.

• PRE-SHOW AND TRAILERS RUN FOR APPROXIMATELY 20 MINUTES BEFORE THE MOVIE STARTS.
  • 2 HR 36 MIN
  • PG13
  • OPENING APR 27
  • ACTION

I think this is the first credible source for a runtime. That would easily make it the longest in the MCU.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys forgetting there's also another entire second half to this movie coming out in 2019 too?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I was convince they'll make it a 3 hours adventure.

If any movie has an excuse to be 3 hours long it'll be this one.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Terrible length.

Should have been 4 hours at least. You can't do this movie with that a 2 hour runtime.

Oct 28, 2017
Considering this is only half of the whole script, yeah it's gonna feel too short. 5 hours should be enough though if that's what we're ultimately gonna get.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I know this was originally "part one of two," but I understand that has changed. Is this the "conclusion" of this stage in the MCU... or is next year's film taking that role?

less

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks deserves at least this much. Marvel better have spent a fair bit of this length developing Thanos' character. Him kicking ass is cool and all but I want plenty of character moments with him.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Terrible length.

Should have been 4 hours at least. You can't do this movie with that a 2 hour runtime.

You do realize there's a part 2 next year right

This will have a "To Be Concluded..." and we will see what the name of Avengers 4 will be

So 2 hours 36 minutes for this, say same for next year, that's a 5+ hour movie based on this Thanos Arc

OP
OP

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they scrapped that idea?

The titles were changed because the movies are now distinct in that they have some unique narrative elements and themes and a proper ending of sorts (kind of like LOTR films).

But the overarching Thanos story/conflict spans both and will not be resolved in IW.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Blockbusters got longer and then they got shorter and now they're getting longer again.

For those complaining about it being too short, isn't Part 2 next year (even if they're not calling it that)?