• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4.4 Boost on 7nm.

mpKZg.png

Intel chips still going to be fucking expensive.

are you high? cause 5 ghz was never going to be realistic for 65w tdp never mind

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
What was said? I can't watch it :(

Lisa: AMD and Microsoft have been partners for a long time, but our relationship has changed. Can you talk a little bit about our relationship and what we're doing together?
Roanne: Absolutely. So for me, I look back to 2 years ago when we started back in redmond, AMD and Microsoft started planning the next generation Ryzen family together and I think that we have completely moved the needle in how we approach co-development together.... and you're going to see that in what comes to market from both the device level, the driver level and even the customer experiences that are going to be delivered. [random pc talk/customer stuff]

Lisa: so our audience is always wondering... what's next?

Roanne: *grinning ear to ear to Lisa*
Lisa: *grinning ear to ear to Roanne*

<5 seconds later>

Lisa: are you going to tell them?!

Roanne: I KNOW... OH IF ONLY I COULD... Lisa and I have some inside scoops on the depth of partnership between AMD and Microsoft... not just in PC space but also when it comes to the datacenters and cloud and when it comes to graphics and gaming... I am <really> excited about the stuff that we're doing there.... I think it's going to be next level in terms of the things that you can expect from us... [random closing remarks]

Nov 5, 2017
9700K doesn't have HT, right? That doesn't tell us anything...LOL!

Comparing a HT part to a non-HT part, not fair at all! Especially if you are using Cinebench which loves HT!

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Ooooofffff Intel is catching some shade!
I'm up for an upgrade quite soon, I might be jumping onboard AMD train.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
4.5Ghz ??? :/
For a 40W higher TDP ?

Also these comparisons with Ryzen 7 2700x for gaming doesn't give me confidence :/

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah. 4.4GHz for 3700X

May be possible to be able to OC past boost who knows.
I would be really shocked if that is the case, the 2700x can't really get past the boost of 4.3ghz. Mine isn't stable on all cores above 4.2ghz

First gen ryzens were great OCers but gen 2 were pretty tapped out by AMDs great engineering.
Though it could be possible that the gen 3 are great overclockers but I wouldn't count on it.

Oct 28, 2017
Lisa: AMD and Microsoft have been partners for a long time, but our relationship has changed. Can you talk a little bit about our relationship and what we're doing together?
Roanne: Absolutely. So for me, I look back to 2 years ago when we started back in redmond, AMD and Microsoft started planning the next generation Ryzen family together and I think that we have completely moved the needle in how we approach co-development together.... and you're going to see that in what comes to market from both the device level, the driver level and even the customer experiences that are going to be delivered. [random pc talk/customer stuff]

Lisa: so our audience is always wondering... what's next?

Roanne: *grinning ear to ear to Lisa*
Lisa: *grinning ear to ear to Roanne*

<5 seconds later>

Lisa: are you going to tell them?!

Roanne: I KNOW... OH IF ONLY I COULD... Lisa and I have some inside scoops on the depth of partnership between AMD and Microsoft... not just in PC space but also when it comes to the datacenters and cloud and when it comes to graphics and gaming... I am <really> excited about the stuff that we're doing there.... I think it's going to be next level in terms of the things that you can expect from us... [random closing remarks]

Oh god that sounds juicy as hell! Thanks for this brother! :)

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure with higher TDP they intend to let you OC past boost.

Unless this thing OC's high though I dont see 3800X being worth it

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Ryzen 7 3800X on par with i9-9900k according to AMD, eh.

Probably a bit behind in the real world, but still will save you $100+.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I would be really shocked if that is the case, the 2700x can't really get past the boost of 4.3ghz. Mine isn't stable on all cores above 4.2ghz

First gen ryzens were great OCers but gen 2 were pretty tapped out by AMDs great engineering.
Though it could be possible that the gen 3 are great overclockers but I wouldn't count on it.
That was due to GloFo silicon.

Might be different under TSMC 7nm chips.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally GCN is dead. I can only hope RDNA solves AMD's temp issues.

I don't expect anything amazing from Navi though.

TheLastOne

Oct 25, 2017
That was a weird point they were making. Basically admitting they weren't up to a
Ryzen 7 3800X on par with i9-9900k according to AMD, eh.

Probably a bit behind in the real world, but still will save you $100+.

That's not what they were saying. They were saying that most things at that performance level would be GPU limited anyways.