• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
what? why hasn't there been any promos or hype for season 2? have I just been completely blind or something? Season 1 really didn't do that well?
Will check it out today for sure anyway, Not having Gilian Anderson as Media is going to be a downer though.

OP
OP
Kschreck

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
There has been a lot of promoting on the internet though very little talk about the show here on ResetEra. Lots of trailers and such out there though. Anyways I enjoyed the premiere a decent amount. Didn't feel cheap or anything which I was worried about with the budget cuts and all the drama surrounding the production of the show but we'll see how the rest of the season is. I would say it came back pretty strong though.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 review:

ddaPWUL.png

3 OUT OF 10 STARZ

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man season 1 was almost great. S2 had a lot of turmoil in production. I hope it maintains the quality that season 1 had.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Reviews have not been kind and after the uneven-but-beautiful first season and all the BTS drama I'm really cautious about subscribing to Starz for this. Fuller was only reason I watched and stuck with the first season.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
The show doesn't have the same surreal, dream-like quality it did in the first season (at least in the premiere), but it is still gorgeous. It is nice that things move a little faster, though! I liked it!

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does it still have the "Coming to America" openings? Those were amazing in season 1

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was really skeptical about this continuing but the first episode was really entertaining. Not a book reader so YMMV.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The loss of Bryan Fuller is probably going to hurt it in terms of the visuals compared to the first season. He's the one responsible for a lot of the visual style we got, just like he did with Hannibal/Pushing Daises and most of his other shows, he brings this dream like/painterly style to shows he does that visually makes them stand apart from most other tv shows.

Since he left though and this season is being run by different people it's going to feel different.

I just hope they take some of those elements and try to stick with them. Also hope we get more of the Irishman, he was one of my favorite characters from season 1.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating just skipping season 2 and reading the book instead. All the drama behind the scenes really soured me on the show.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
That was a pretty awesome premier, like seriously wasn't expecting something that cool. Really felt like a season finale deal in many spots.

I actually enjoyed it more than most episodes from S1. I will admit that it's a little unfair since S1 had to gather and build up these characters in their own episodes, and now we get to fully appreciate the fruits of their labor.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
I love me some American Gods, and as such I loved this episode, way more straightforward than any episode last season, but the oniric and beautiful imagery is still there, I don't know how much the setting had to do with it, but it gives me hope for the rest of the season, BTW I just found the house on the rocks is a real place o_O has anyone went to it? It looked amazing, what witht the whale and decorations

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Man, Shadow Moons actor still cant act for shit, remaining old cast delivering quality and the visuals are top notch

Looking forward for the rest of the season

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I should have read the book before Season 2 started. This show is hard to follow sometimes.

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
Everything still looked great. I enjoyed the scene inside of Odin's mind with all of the gods. I think I like this show more when I can watch multiple episodes in a row. One episode feels a little empty by itself.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the show still looks amazing. Also the show still seems good, apparently. Im still just more concerned with viewer numbers. I enjoyed this episode.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
glad you guys liked it.

Full disclosure: I (co)wrote next week's episode. Moving on to other shows, but here's the preview.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse SƩrƩnissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does Bilquis swallow any number of fine gents with her vagina this season?

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Episode is colorful and atmospheric without resulting to slow mo snore fest.

If there is a slow mo it comes in a critical moment not over stay.

Art goes in the background without overtaking the plot and moves it forward.

Sweeney looking at the kiss to Shadow šŸ˜†

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I hadn't read the book I'm not sure I'd have had a fucking clue what that was about.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Watched the first ep of this season and I quite enjoyed it, though the tempo did feel a bit faster then last season which seem to relish in being a slow burn.

Also I have to say, "It's a motherfucking fortune from a fuckin wax dummy....dummy" was fucking hilarious the way Orlando Jones delivered it, I'm really enjoying his character.

glad you guys liked it.

Full disclosure: I (co)wrote next week's episode. Moving on to other shows, but here's the preview.

Wow, that's awesome man! Living the dream.

Looking forward to your episode.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Got round to watching the S2 premier yesterday, went in quite worried due to all of the issues behind the scenes but was very pleased with the episode.

It will be interesting to see what happens, im assuming that Shadow is being corrupted by Odin et al and will need to be saved from being pulled in.

On a funny note, i didnt realise until after we had finished the ep that i was actually wearing my American Gods t shirt which was quite the coincidence lol.