• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
It's interesting to read about the shit-show going on backstage.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...es-new-showrunner-delays-frustrations-1140946

In spite of all that I thought S1 ranged from solid to great and I thought the S2 premiere was good. If nothing else it's still one of the best looking shows on TV and a hodgepodge of fascinating characters and mythology. The carousel and God conference scenes were breathtaking. It's a shame this wasn't the Season 1 finale as I assume was originally planned until they ran over budget.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking loved it. Did Bryan really have no hand in directing the first episode? Because, it felt exactly like the first season... As if he never left. The carousel scene was really special. The reviews seem to poor though based on what I saw from glancing at headlines in google news.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
The House on the Rock scenes were gorgeous. I have been there several times and I have no idea how they even filmed it (the spaces are really tight and the ceilings are low). Overall I like the pace but the dialog has a bit too much exposition. I am a big fan of the book and the show is different enough that it's worth watching. I hope it gets a third season where the production goes smoothly. I don't want to wait another 2 years for another 8 episodes.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
easily lol. I did work on season 1 tho. I'll post some bts stuff on twitter, but I start a new job this week so it'll be a bit crazy.

thaaaanks.
Congrats on the episode and the new job!

Don't have Starz so can't watch this as it airs but looking forward to checking it out once the blu-ray starts being released.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
I hope Bilquis has more to do this season than more "slow mo suck them into my vagina" montages. It has gotten to the point where I eyeroll every time she shows up because I know some poor sap is gonna end up in her vagina void.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking loved it. Did Bryan really have no hand in directing the first episode? Because, it felt exactly like the first season... As if he never left. The carousel scene was really special. The reviews seem to poor though based on what I saw from glancing at headlines in google news.
Chris Byrne did most of the b-unit stuff from season 1, he directed 201, and he was the producing director for the season.

Congrats on the episode and the new job!

thaaaaaanks.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Easter scorched the Earth and killed all the plants so everyone would have to pray to her so food would grow again or whatever?

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm debating just skipping season 2 and reading the book instead. All the drama behind the scenes really soured me on the show.
Be prepared for an extremely boring protagonist

I think Shadow showed more emotion in the first episode of the show than he did in the entire first half of the book, lol

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The actress didn't come back so they explained away that Easter took it back because Wednesday ran over her bunnies.

Oh, I thought that was the explanation given for why she didn't attend the House on the Rock meeting. I suppose there was no good way to continue with that thread once the actress decided not to return (very unprofessional tbh), but that's still a lame explanation for why they backtracked on one of the big moments of the S1 finale.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm debating just skipping season 2 and reading the book instead. All the drama behind the scenes really soured me on the show.
Please don't. I've tried to read the book twice, and on my last go-through I made it halfway, but once again fell off. Neil Gaiman is creative as fuck, but I'm not found of his writing and execution of ideas. American Gods is actually better on TV (in my opinion).

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Season's all right so far, still mostly pretty.

So is Shadow Moon supposed to be a god or the son of a God or something? Or are they not being as on the nose as I thought with that Siddhartha book? :P I've forgotten why he's so important to Odin.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Season's all right so far, still mostly pretty.

So is Shadow Moon supposed to be a god or the son of a God or something? Or are they not being as on the nose as I thought with that Siddhartha book? :P I've forgotten why he's so important to Odin.
WHOS TO SAY

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
this was posted this on twitter dot com, but here's a cool pic of Pablo. happy st. paddy's day

D15puWBUgAAp6jt.jpg

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Enjoyable episode indeed. I'm loving the cast more and more, especially now that they're able to stay longer than an episode or two and interact with others.

But I did have to laugh at present day Shadow in this episode. Must have been an easy shoot. Decent flashbacks, but maybe 1 too many as it slowed down some of the other bits (fucking lot of bits btw, but the cast and story is now huge as hell)

Favorite scene was Techno boy or whatever he is with Media, as imagined by David Lynch.

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
I'm still enjoying it, honestly I have a morbid curiosity about how the cinematography has changed. About to watch the second episode after Black Monday.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that's good timing on St Paddy's Day. Havent seen the new episode yet but will probably tomorrow.
this was posted this on twitter dot com, but here's a cool pic of Pablo. happy st. paddy's day

D15puWBUgAAp6jt.jpg
You took this right? (edit; nevermind you say it came from the twitters. Did you visit the set while shooting?) Amazing how normal shit looks when you are shooting and on the show it's completely different.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that's good timing on St Paddy's Day. Havent seen the new episode yet but will probably tomorrow.

You took this right? (edit; nevermind you say it came from the twitters. Did you visit the set while shooting?) Amazing how normal shit looks when you are shooting and on the show it's completely different.
I co wrote the episode so yes I took it lol.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
The Season 2 premiere was a strong episode. It's a shame this show is probably doomed due to the production drama. I love AG's cast and style, and I hope it survives for a full run that does the book justice.

Maybe losing this gig will somehow move Fuller closer to Hannibal Season 4, where he belongs.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I decided to watch this late at night in celebration of our very own Kaitos co-writing the episode. Was certainly entertaining. Im now super curious how the writing process works on a show like this. Do they give you a bible and say write exactly that, especially with the book in mind? There are two distinct storylines in this episode so which one did you do? Or was it a complete team effort throughout? Anyway, fun episode, i'd know i'd be happy seeing my name at the start of it.

I'd guess im also just curious cause it felt so much like an American Gods episode that I wonder how an individual writer lends their input.

Last edited:

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The season 2 premiere was strong, but it's starting to pad out scenes in episode 2. My complaint last season was the show's horrible pacing and how long it took for the premise of the story "war amongst the old & new Gods" took to come up.

Shadow's flashbacks/backstory was touching and overall the best part of the episode. It was hard enjoying the episode while everyone is off in a car to ____ destination or searching for ____ for what felt like a boring eternity with very little development. Everything outside Shadow's backstory felt like it was padding the episode's length out.

Overall, the episode was okay, however, I'm getting scared that the old God vs new God war is being put on the back burner and that the pacing issues from the prior season is still a on-going issue.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Second episode was good. Didn't like the flashbacks so much, but I dug everything else. And, great news about season 3!

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Another good episode. Nice to get more background on Shadow pre-heist. Laura/Sweeney pairing is paying dividends. Nancy is hilarious. Fuller's artistic flair has been pulled back a little but the style hasn't changed too much so it's fairly consistent with S1 visually. The pace seems to have picked up a little at least for now.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Well I decided to watch this late at night in celebration of our very own Kaitos co-writing the episode. Was certainly entertaining. Im now super curious how the writing process works on a show like this. Do they give you a bible and say write exactly that, especially with the book in mind? There are two distinct storylines in this episode so which one did you do? Or was it a complete team effort throughout? Anyway, fun episode, i'd know i'd be happy seeing my name at the start of it.

I'd guess im also just curious cause it felt so much like an American Gods episode that I wonder how an individual writer lends their input.
I will answer this later. Just been busy.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Season has started really strong
I had expected the first ep to start with a bit of a bust up at the party but I guess if the actress has left the show it forced a change
Its a shame, I really liked her character. I wonder what the original long term plan was

Leprechaun and dead wife continues to be my favourite tv duo

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, we really need a Laura Moon show, they've really made her an interesting character and Emily Browning is killing it.

OP
OP
Kschreck

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Episode 3 is my favorite so far this season. Just a lot of fun and I always like the road trip adventures. Also just like everyone else here, Leprechaun and Dead Wife are my favorite duo. Glad the show is staying strong still. Easily one of my favorite shows in recent years.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slow episode, but there were some excellent moments in there. Talking crows, mortician cannibalism, new media is a lot of fun, and the the final Argus scene was freaky looking/cool.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Episode 3 is my favorite so far this season. Just a lot of fun and I always like the road trip adventures. Also just like everyone else here, Leprechaun and Dead Wife are my favorite duo. Glad the show is staying strong still. Easily one of my favorite shows in recent years.

Ditto here. Great episode, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a lore whore. Some beautiful shots in this one. Fuller is king, but still, show hasn't suffered that much on the visual end. And I'm digging the characters more than S1 already, even the side ones. Again, all respect for the buildup in S1 or otherwise it wouldn't work. And continuing on that theme of change not being so bad, New Media looks to be a fun one. Some bizarre stuff in this one, but it's only expected given the vagina black hole.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its a shame more people dont watch this. Last episode was great. Of course this would have an Asian girl representing social media god having tentacle sex with bandwidth cables god.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It was amusing to see William Sanderson and Ian McShane together on screen again.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like episode 4 too much. I could have done without the first 12-15 minutes. The father-son scenes and the sex scene just weren't interesting at all so I was bored for like the first 20 minutes between those scenes and Shadow's convo with the coroner. Anansi's scenes were great, but that's about all I really liked. I feel the story really needs to get going. The recruiting stuff was fun during the first season but I'm over the recruiting and stragetizing.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Enjoyed the opening sequence of Techno Boy's "birth" and kind of felt sorry for him at the end even if he is an asshole. Anansi/Bilquis/Thoth scene was great. Some interesting stuff with Money and the Girl Scouts but they didn't get enough screen time. Unfortunately, the plot has slowed down to a crawl again. That was fine in Season 1 to set up the characters but the show needs to start building momentum next week.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Is this show any good? I haven't seen season 1 but I've seen it pop up on Amazon Prime quite a bit. What's it about?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this show any good? I haven't seen season 1 but I've seen it pop up on Amazon Prime quite a bit. What's it about?
I mean shows these days are hard for me to judge because by my personal standards this is great shit, but basically nobody seems to watch it. I guess at the l;east i can say it look amazing, more amazing than most shows out there and it has a lot of interesting ideas in it, so if that seems appealing then yeah it's good.

Zousi

Oct 31, 2017
It's about Gods old and new and their secret dick measurement contest (add female equivalent) among the feeble humans whose worship fuels them. It's' a visual treat and one of the better looking shows atm. Storywise it could be a tad more engaging, but i guess it's entertaining enough.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
The latest episode has just left me puzzled

Does tech boy have any powers at all?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't quite understand why Technical Boy went obsolete tbh.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that I can think of is people were using him to worship other ie social media but thats a reach
hes pretty much the cornerstone of all the new gods