• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

American Horror Story is back with another season on Wednesday, September 18 at 10/9c. This season was heavily inspired by slasher movies from the 1980s and will be the first season to not include Evan Peters among the cast.

The series has been renewed for a tenth season.

Trailer

American Horror Story is a groundbreaking anthology horror drama series created and produced by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. The Emmy® and Golden Globe® winning franchise is produced by Twentieth Century Fox Television.

Cast

Emma Roberts
Billie Lourd
Leslie Grossman
Cody Fern
John Caroll Lynch
Matthew Morrison
Gus Kenworthy
Angelica Ross
Zach Villa
DeRon Horton
Tara Karsian

Previous Seasons

(I stole these from Nemesis' previous thread - thanks Nemesis!)

UPfjU89.png

Last edited:

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it'll stay a "simple" slasher or if it'll turns bonker halfway through. (Hoping for that tbh)

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
RIP Scream Queens and your third season that was about a summer camp... which is now what this is, with most of the same cast, so I am ok now.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure about this one but I'll give it a try. I loved last season so I doubt this is going to live up to that one for me. To be fair, Coven was my favorite season so Coven Part 2 was always going to be great to me.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed last season and I'm excited for this one. The ending and pacing weren't great, but I've come to expect that from AHS. This season looks pretty fun with the 80's slasher theme.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Last season seemed like it was going to be really good and then they just kinda botched the whole ending.
As always, I'll check out the first episode and go from there.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Cant wait for it to start off cool and slowly unwind into laughably bad like all the other seasons.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I'm desperately hoping that due to this one being so dramatically different in it's setup/tone from the others, that it turns out to be a good season for once. It doesn't take too much to make a slasher at least somewhat entertaining, I even enjoyed the crappy Scream TV show. Excited to see how it unfolds at least.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The premiere is tonight!

Camp Redwood

In the summer of 1984, five friends escape Los Angeles to work as counselors at Camp Redwood. As they adjust to their new jobs, they quickly learn that the only thing scarier than campfire tales is the past coming to haunt you.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

A huge mess. The first 3 episodes turned out to be pointless filler, the middle episodes were a ton of fun (especially for fans of Coven), and then the last 2-3 (sans finale) were boring filler as well.

I'd rank it solidly in the middle of all the other seasons.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
A huge mess. The first 3 episodes turned out to be pointless filler, the middle episodes were a ton of fun (especially for fans of Coven), and then the last 2-3 (sans finale) were boring filler as well.

I'd rank it solidly in the middle of all the other seasons.
But the Coven fan service was so, so good

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this is good, love the concept.

Feels like AHS is either amazing or trash each season and there's never any inbetween.
Yeah it ends up being all or nothing for me when it comes to this show. I'm want this to be another keeper but Apocalypse was such a major misfire in my eyes that I don't think I can ever get my hopes up for this show again.

The worst season by a considerable margin, literally half of it is garbage level nothing. There is good stuff in it but it is such a small part of the whole.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for this season, I love the theme. I pretty much always start AHS and then give up partway through.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I as always will give it a shot. It is on my cloud DVR so nothing to lose.
With that said I still have never seen a show that had such an outstanding Season 01 than was so damn inconsistent with the following seasons. I have maybe like 3 of the seasons. Could tolerate like 2 of them, and the others just stunk.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this aesthetic already. I like going from the gritty 80s of the deuce to this.