• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
;(

The depression thing rings completely true. There's a lot more stress and pressure on our generation because of the ridiculous amount of student loans that are strangling us.
My plan is to live like a hermit the first 2 or 3 years after I get a fulltime career so I can just yeet my 50K in loans out of existence.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
I hope they call this the Grey Death, so even if I can never get augmented, at least I can DIE like I'm in a Deus Ex game.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We're known as the bitching and moaning generation, so I imagine this will continue even on the deathbed.
I'm not even American so I might have found a loophole out of this.

If you aren't American, then read the room. This isn't about some stereotype about younger generations in America, this is about the majority of the working class not being able to afford basic necessities due to distinct wealth inequality favoring those who already have money, and limiting those who don't.

That "bitching and moaning" is people literally just wanting to live.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we die sooner that means we don;t have to deal with taking care of boomers in their old age.

Fuckin smart

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
And then people are surprised that millenials consume way more recreational drugs than other generations. Almost every week it seems like there is a headline about how fucked millenials are, and nothing is going to change as long as boomers old all the wealth and power. We just wanna drown our sorrows with good weed and some craft beer haha.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Unsurprisingly. More and more people are seeking mental health treatment lately, yet fewer and fewer insurances want to cover the costs.

Not like those successful prior generations that just sucked it up and pulled their bootstraps so tight their feet fell off from lack of blood flow.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Jokes on people who say you should have kids so you have someone to take care of you when you're old. You're going to be dead before you get a chance to grow old!

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
The greed of boomers has destroyed any any hope for the future. Housing, wages, and jobs were all infinitely better in the their day, our quality of life has nosedived so that they can happily retire with golden parachutes after robbing us, and future generations. The planet is on fire because of their toxic waste environmental policies and fascism is on the rise across the globe, but at least they got to enjoy their massive tax breaks while robbing us of any chance of future medicare or social security. I have been unemployed and my mental health a mess for years, yet it's all a big joke to them. The system is built to last just long enough for them to live out their worthless lives and die, fuck them all so much.

Monroe Kelly

Oct 28, 2017
Carve my student loan debt total into my tombstone.

jk i won't be able to afford a tombstone. maybe write it with a sharpie on my back before tossing me into the dumpster tho. that'd be cool.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you to some (not all) boomers. Thank you unchecked corporations and billionaires, scorched earth conservative politicians, dead end jobs being vital for a "good" economy, a lack of universal healthcare in the US, absence of sensible student loans in the US, sparse workers rights in the US, deregulation, and climate change for fucking with our life expectancy.

(I probably missed some things)

Last edited:

Monroe Kelly

Oct 28, 2017
boomer mentality. shame.gif

the best part is that it makes no sense, even if you only read the articles headline. "all those whiny kids that can't afford healthcare and are dying earlier are somehow going to end up in expensive nursing homes whining about pillows". fuck off outta here with that shit. i'm going to die of botulism from a spoiled can of beans that i wrestled away from a raccoon when i get old.

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to know, but spreading that information rather than solutions, contributes to a self-fulfilling prophecy...

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Good to know, but spreading that information rather than solutions, contributes to a self-fulfilling prophecy...
ok boomer (sorry i had to)

Also maybe BCBS could invest more money in significantly lowering the cost of their health plans for millennials (and everyone really) who aren't getting employer sponsored coverage or Medicaid if they are giving the impression that they care about us so fucking much? Eh? Nawwww they never would.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018
With automation, stress levels are likely higher now, too. So many unrealistic demands in the workplace in terms of per employee output. I've seen people that can't add 2+2 without a calculator (only being slightly facetious), but because of Excel, they're able to be "productive". Every place I've been values efficiency over accuracy/quality of work, as well, which goes against my personal nature and adds to this problem in my opinion.

I've had a couple of jobs where the hours and productivity standards were reasonable, but they pay was absolute garbage. From what I see, the new normal for me to comfortably get work done is 50-60 hours (salaried) to get decent pay but under an incredible amount of duress. I know with all the stress I've been under the past few years, coupled with extremely unhealthy eating, my lifespan has definitely been shortened.

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ok boomer (sorry i had to)

Also maybe BCBS could invest more money in significantly lowering the cost of their health plans for millennials (and everyone really) who aren't getting employer sponsored coverage or Medicaid if they are giving the impression that they care about us so fucking much? Eh? Nawwww they never would.

Lol

Yeah. But the media, rather than target sources, targets who cares the most about some information - or who is most emotionally affected by it.
So any arguments they might make aren't usually directed at ways to solve a problem, if there is one anyway.

Kind of like being an observer of some flowery meadow. You'll describe it as much as you like - its beauty, the fresh air - but it won't stop the gradual pollution of the river flowing through it...
Thank you to some (not all) boomers. Thank you unchecked corporations and billionaires, scorched earth conservative politicians, dead end jobs being vital for a "good" economy, a lack of universal healthcare in the US, absence of sensible student loans in the US, sparse workers rights in the US, deregulation, and climate change for fucking with our life expectancy.

(I probably missed some things)

xnipx

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure you can search it, it was something along the lines of "how much have you contributed to your 401k?"

I have...not contributed as much as I should have. Honestly, I don't see how anyone can.

funny enough my mother who always talks to and treats me like a failure has 300k in her 401k and questions why I don't have a healthy savings account. She's made 60k a year since graduating college(which was free). I graduated in 09.