• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
Believe that there are problems with that from a union perspective. There's basically no way for the Galaxy to do this without breaking league or CBA rules. Or of course, the league could change the rules as it looks like they're going to.

There is a quote from the union in the athletic story, basically saying if this ends up getting Gio more money guaranteed even if it's over a longer time they are okay with it. So say the Galaxy buy him out with a 4 million check and then re-sign him for 1.5x2 years, which gets bought down to make him a TAM player, the union would be okay with that.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
There is a quote from the union in the athletic story, basically saying if this ends up getting Gio more money guaranteed even if it's over a longer time they are okay with it. So say the Galaxy buy him out with a 4 million check and then re-sign him for 1.5x2 years, which gets bought down to make him a TAM player, the union would be okay with that.
Ah okay, then that's one solution here. Thanks

I wonder how this wasn't an option before to buy players out of their contract to put them under the TAM limits.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Pretty sure there was talk of us and Liga MX joining it in 2020
It's a great idea, IMO. Imagining an MLS team playing at Boca or River Plate. Or vice versa. Would be great.

The Derby Days by Copa 90 for the River vs Boca game was incredible, though that was the Superclàsico. Still, imagining TFC, Atl, Sporting KC, or whoever traveling to play in that kind of game would be amazing.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
so March 3rd MLS is back?

Cincinnati is the newest fc for this season too right? should be interesting how they do

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

The back of the new kit is terrible

Thumbs down

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
imagine this not being the best

Yordy%20Reyna_0.jpg

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Looking over the highlights of RB2.5 vs the Timbers is interesting. White scored once but had a few good chances (with more minutes he'll definitely be better), but the big thing was that from the look of it we played a 4-3-3 which is pretty new for us. Usually it's a 4-2-3-1 and we aspire to the 4-2-2-2. Armas is definitely putting his stamp on the team.

VAR is in preseason form tho, some of those calls man.

Oct 31, 2017
It's a great idea, IMO. Imagining an MLS team playing at Boca or River Plate. Or vice versa. Would be great.

The Derby Days by Copa 90 for the River vs Boca game was incredible, though that was the Superclàsico. Still, imagining TFC, Atl, Sporting KC, or whoever traveling to play in that kind of game would be amazing.

Yeah that's great, but what happened to that talk of making Copa America an EuroCup challenger and including Concacaf every 4 years (i.e. next one would be 2020 then 2024 and so on)?

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
so March 3rd MLS is back?

Cincinnati is the newest fc for this season too right? should be interesting how they do

I expect a lot of boring 1-0 type games for FC Cincinnati. They really spent on a defense but don't have any creative attackers. Making Adi their only DP is fine but I don't see where he's gonna get consistent service from. Oh well. Gonna enjoy some games this summer at Nippert regardless.

Joe_Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Okay so a couple of things that are going to apply mostly to me and me alone:

USSF just sanctioned this prospective independent league as a third division league. They've proposed teams in Atlanta, Philadelphia, Charlotte, and Boston, and apparently an ownership group in San Diego (the same one that was trying to break into NASL a few seasons ago) will have a team in the league as well. San Diego (where I live) is a feasible soccer city, but we have a tiny soccer footprint. (The Galaxy have a U-23 squad that I think splits time here)

Also, CCL begins tomorrow and American viewers can watch it on Yahoo, which I cannot believe is still tryin' to break into the live sports game. Though SKC has played well in the preseason so far I'm gonna go out on a limb and be incredibly pessimistic about how they'll perform against Toluca. Toluca doesn't seem to be doing great in the Liga MX Clausura so far but it's early in the year. I don't know, these opening rounds for CCL are always so hard to get ready for as a fan. I guess it doesn't hurt that I'll be in class during SKC's whole match so I won't be able to pull my hair out watching it.

OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

CCL Fever hasn't quite grabbed me yet. I'll be watching the games and yelling about them in the discord server anyway.

Imagine teasing this kit as the "black diamond kit" knowing full well that it is a plain white shirt. The black diamond is way down on the bottom left facing.

Adidas can go now.

Let the teams get it sorted. If that means ATL gets Nike and COL gets Kappa or Hanes anyway, so be it.

The rest of the league is so bad it makes this look tight

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Houston is playing their first match tonight in the Concacaf Champions League:

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
CCL Fever hasn't quite grabbed me yet. I'll be watching the games and yelling about them in the discord server anyway.

Imagine teasing this kit as the "black diamond kit" knowing full well that it is a plain white shirt. The black diamond is way down on the bottom left facing.

Adidas can go now.

Let the teams get it sorted. If that means ATL gets Nike and COL gets Kappa or Hanes anyway, so be it.

The rest of the league is so bad it makes this look tight

Pretty sure those uniform rights are Adidas until 2024. So we're stuck with recycled designs until then.

Apparently Atlanta and Nagbe have worked things out and he's staying. He said it was some personal issues that Atlanta allowed him to step away from the team to handle, but people were saying last week that he had problems with upper management. Regardless, it seems to be over now and he's on the CCL roster.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should show up in the OP after you post once in the thread.

Yes, TFC look like shit so far. Bradley with a couple bad giveaways and their defense looks very vulnerable to counters. I'm really not sure how they're going to score without Jozy.
They're not a great looking team this year.

Edit: LMAO they missed a PK.

Last edited: