• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

The Fire hasn't done shit in years and have zero crowd support. This is supposed to change that? The Galaxy are in LA and have Zlatan and GBS, so even though they are trash it makes sense - Over LAFC though? And RSL over SEA, NY, LAFC, ATL?

It's in July, so there's that, but I still feel like it will be blowouts everywhere against MLS.

This cash grab seems like it will backfire.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck do you not have LAFC in that tourney? LAFC vs Xolos would have been delicious for me (as I have a bunch of Xolo fan friends)

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
The MLS/Liga MX tournament is interesting. I'm not sure how to feel about it given that it will be mid-season and teams will be trying to win MLS while balancing results in this. Imagine making CCL, this, US open matches, and then MLS matches combined with compressed schedules... That's a lot.

Leave Barco alone.

Yikes.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The MLS/Liga MX tournament is interesting. I'm not sure how to feel about it given that it will be mid-season and teams will be trying to win MLS while balancing results in this. Imagine making CCL, this, US open matches, and then MLS matches combined with compressed schedules... That's a lot.

OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

I get why you would, but I am really disappointed in you all for giving into my glorious might in fantasy league.

giphy.gif

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went to the T2 game tonight at Providence Park. The stadium... wow....... just........ wow......... I cannot express how intimidating the east side feels. I have pictures, but they really don't do it justice. If the people that wind up sitting there get loud? Wewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

U.S. Open Cup Fourth-Round Games
Northeast Pool
New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls
North Carolina FC at New York City FC

Mid-Atlantic Pool
Philadelphia Union at D.C. United
Pittsburgh Riverhounds at Columbus Crew

Southeast Pool
Orlando City at Memphis 901
Atlanta United at Charleston Battery

Central Pool
Chicago Fire at Saint Louis FC
Louisville City at FC Cincinnati

Northern Plains Pool
New Mexico United at Colorado Rapids
Sporting Kansas City at Minnesota United

Southern Plains Pool
Austin Bold at Houston Dynamo
OKC Energy at FC Dallas

West Pool
Los Angeles FC at Real Salt Lake
Orange County FC at LA Galaxy

Northwest Pool
Portland Timbers at Seattle Sounders
Sacramento Republic at San Jose Earthquakes

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fucking over this tournament. We've been matched up against Seattle in Seattle like, 8 times. Literally. I don't care anymore.

It's so lame. Getting to sit with friends in the fancy west side seats behind the benches at Providence Park thanks to general admission Open Cup games last year was a highlight. Guess it's back to watching a shitty stream from Starfire Sports Complex in Tukwila or whatever.

Edit - Oh, I guess it's in Tacoma this time. Whoo boy!

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so lame. Getting to sit with friends in the fancy west side seats behind the benches at Providence Park thanks to general admission Open Cup games last year was a highlight. Guess it's back to watching a shitty stream from Starfire Sports Complex in Tukwila or whatever.

Just the fact that we're playing Seattle, again, in the first round of the USOC is boring as hell. I'm over it. I wish the USOC would pay for amateur teams to travel so the tournament would be more interesting. Sigh.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

At least this year everything is televised on ESPN+.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I think the pod system makes sense to cut down travel a bit, foster rivalries, and enable supporters to get to away matches, but they do need to add some variety by maybe expanding the pods (e.g. combine Northwest and West?) plus put the MLS teams in earlier. The same matchups every year can get tedious.

Joe_Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
I think the pod system makes sense to cut down travel a bit, foster rivalries, and enable supporters to get to away matches, but they do need to add some variety by maybe expanding the pods (e.g. combine Northwest and West?) plus put the MLS teams in earlier. The same matchups every year can get tedious.
I think some of this could be resolved if the committee making the selections was more deliberate in seeing like "Oh, we don't need Seattle and Portland again this year, we could maybe send Sacramento up to Seattle and San Jose to Portland". I get why they do what they do, I wouldn't want Orange County FC to have to budget for a trip to SLC unless they absolutely needed to, but it seems like a simple solution at least with the MLS clubs.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Barely more than 24 hours until the Timbers kick off at home. Finally. I'm so excited. Also, apparently I was sitting like five seats away from Fernandez at the T2 game on Wednesday and didn't even notice until I showed up in his Instagram story. Welp.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Barely more than 24 hours until the Timbers kick off at home. Finally. I'm so excited. Also, apparently I was sitting like five seats away from Fernandez at the T2 game on Wednesday and didn't even notice until I showed up in his Instagram story. Welp.

Hah! I was sitting two rows behind Andres Flores and Cristhian Parades. Jebo and Jeff and a group of Thorns players were over on my right, and Gio was up in the closest box. The excitement in town is another level right now. I can't wait.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hah! I was sitting two rows behind Andres Flores and Cristhian Parades. Jebo and Jeff and a group of Thorns players were over on my right, and Gio was up in the closest box. The excitement in town is another level right now. I can't wait.
Dude. I'm so excited for tomorrow. Where do you normally sit?

I got my outfits ready and everything.

l3WpnFO.jpg

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Dude. I'm so excited for tomorrow. Where do you normally sit?

I got my outfits ready and everything.

l3WpnFO.jpg

I'm in 202 as close as I can get. I tend to show up as gates open and usually end up 10 - 15 rows up. It's nice for grabbing seats for a small group in an unobstructed spot. Tentatively planning to watch CL final at Beermongers. Gonna be a fun day.