• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017

FINALLY. After so much drama around HellYeahBrotherNPSLPro and its collapse, finally. I exhaled hard when this was finally announced today.

also fuck alexi lalas

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
I'm hoping the $450 million in renovations just announced for the Superdome here in New Orleans will include plans to make the stadium able to properly accommodate soccer matches.

Though I know us getting a team is not going to stop being the longest of shots any time soon. It's a shame, because local soccer culture has so much potential (for example). Our only "pro" team (the Jesters in the NPSL) took 2019 off so that the people involved could focus more on developing youth talent. It seems like we have the people, but no strong business ventures building on that.

And we'd have a stronger rivalry with Atlanta than any other team in the league.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I'm hoping the $450 million in renovations just announced for the Superdome here in New Orleans will include plans to make the stadium able to properly accommodate soccer matches.

Though I know us getting a team is not going to stop being the longest of shots any time soon. It's a shame, because local soccer culture has so much potential (for example). Our only "pro" team (the Jesters in the NPSL) took 2019 off so that the people involved could focus more on developing youth talent. It seems like we have the people, but no strong business ventures building on that.

And we'd have a stronger rivalry with Atlanta than any other team in the league.
That would be interesting. Seems like there's quite a few teams ahead if you right now.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
The fact TFC couldnt even beat Columbus is further proof this team needs a change. And it can start with Vanney fucking off.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Earthquakes need to figure things out ASAP. Going to take a few more results if they want to get into the playoffs, and their remaining schedule is tough.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So St Louis got their MLS ting locked so it leaves 2 more spots and man, Phoenix seems like a no brainer but noooooooooooooooooooo.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Nice win by Atlanta in Portland to take first in the east. Bears repeating, this team is a different team with the 3 DPs playing in Josef, Pity, and Barco. Not having Barco for 2 months was rough. Villalba finally getting healthy too after a couple months out.

Team is in a good place.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
I just realized the CBA ends this year and before next season start. What will both sides want to resign so that there's no lock out?
I'm hoping we'll see the cap increased substantially.

And apparently many GMs are pushing for the same? I'm sure owners will push back.

MLS considering "significantly altering the salary budgets"

"Among those is significantly altering the salary budgets—many GMs would like to see the number triple, at least—and potentially increasing the size of both the senior and reserve rosters."

OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

giphy.gif

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Neither of Tarek's yellow cards were even fouls. This ref clearly wanted to level the playing field, absolutely disgusting.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Seemed like Almeyda was mad that the 4th official told him they'd check the play and once they didn't, he lost his shit as the previous handball had been reviewed. Official should've kept his mouth shut. What a play by Vela. I was going to travel to LA from SJ to watch the match too.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Ok...he just became my favorite MLS player. Great for the league.

Now, if LAFC could just sign an all star CB to guard Zlatan I'd feel better about the playoffs.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Always fun being on the other end of the goal of the season. 😒

Current discussion with my Quakes friends online - how long is Almeyda going to get suspended for his post-ejection antics on the sideline? Any bets?

Anyway, Quakes really need wins against Vancouver and Orlando at home before their schedule gets brutal in the home stretch.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be a Lightning getting swept/73 win warriors blowing a 3-1 lead type of failure for LAFC to not win MLS cup this year

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
You don't really know that because every team would have approached single elimination differently.

They need to reduce the amount of teams and put it back to home and home.
Nah, home and home devalues the regular season. If you host first you have an advantage. Winning the sheild should matter, it didn't before but it does now.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for more dunking on Cincy FC. I loved their "we crushed this league" tifo right before flaming out of the USL playoffs last year.