• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Word is the Tyler Adams sale was only for $3 million, but with a 33% cut of any future transfers. So while Leipzig got him well below market value, word had Adams's worth closer to $10 million, if he makes a big move in the near future RBNY will get a huge cut of it.

Apparently the low figure is due to how the league allows transfer money to be used on roster building, the limit is $750k with anything extra going to infrastructure or bringing in a new DP. Given all that, I can't be too mad. Rest of the league is probably pissed as hell we let him go so cheap though.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Is there going to be an MLS Cup thread?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Stoked for the game tonight. Wish tickets weren't out of my budget.

Hope they pull it out and bring Atlanta it's first championship since the 1995 Braves.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Well, let's see if the club can sign Pikachu before January. If they can I like our chances.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While disappointing, I don't think anyone, myself who is die hard RCTID included, thought we'd make it this far. I'm extremely excited to see what Gio can do in year 2, especially now that he actually is able to put input into roster change decisions. I'm worried about Valeri and Chara though.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
While disappointing, I don't think anyone, myself who is die hard RCTID included, thought we'd make it this far. I'm extremely excited to see what Gio can do in year 2, especially now that he actually is able to put input into roster change decisions. I'm worried about Valeri and Chara though.
You guys did fantastic. When the season started I assumed it'd take a season for Gio to adapt, but Portland was legit good and deserved to make it this far and maybe even win.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys did fantastic. When the season started I assumed it'd take a season for Gio to adapt, but Portland was legit good and deserved to make it this far and maybe even win.
Thanks. It's weird. I grew up never really giving a fuck about sports but I always kind of loved soccer growing up when I was forced to played it. I was super bad at it. I first moved to Portland from New Mexico after I graduated college, and I happended to move into an apartment literally right across from the stadium. I went a few times to try and meet people and make friends, and while I didn't make friends there I kinda fell in love with watching Timbers games. It was before they were in MLS, and it's what really got me hooked. I'm in my mid 30's now, and I moved to that apartment in like... 2006. Fuck, man. I still love this team. Something about them is just us, you know? Kinda hard working, kinda underdog, kinda brilliance at times. I love my Timbers. I'm proud of them for making it this far, when nobody, myself included, expected them to get this far. I'm fucking RCTID and I can't wait to be home at our renovated stadium next year.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Dt8YkpPWsAALpQZ

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Carleton, you dumbass.

Given that he was out partying, the language here made me laugh:

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Carleton, you dumbass.

Given that he was out partying, the language here made me laugh:

This whole thing has me rolling my eyes. He shouldn't have been doing it, but it's not like he actually factored into ATL's gameplan at all so I can't blame him too much.

OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

Last edited:

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
We've had the same coach at Detroit City FC for six years, but he has resigned and is apparently going...somewhere. (Ben has also been an assistant at Michigan State University for a long time and played there as well.)
https://www.detcityfc.com/news_article/show/975757
Detroit City Football Club today announced that DCFC and head coach Ben Pirmann are parting ways on good terms.
A search for Pirmann's successor is currently underway and the club has convened an advisory group to assess a large portfolio of qualified candidates to manage its professional roster in 2019. There is no immediate timeline for naming a new head coach.
Pirmann assumed head-coaching duties in 2013 and led Le Rouge for six seasons, compiling a 49-17-17 league record.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
RBNY's list of unprotected players:
  • Anatole Abang
  • Vincent Bezecourt
  • Aurelien Collin (Free Agent)
  • Kyle Duncan
  • Fidel Escobar
  • Andreas Ivan
  • Ethan Kutler
  • Connor Lade
  • Hassan Ndam
  • Tommy Redding
  • Carlos Rivas
  • Marc Rzatkowski
  • Florian Valot
  • Brian White
Of who is there, I assume FC Cincinnati will go for Abang. Word is the guys running the team saw him a few years back during the Open Cup and liked what they saw. Could be a backroom deal was worked out to get Abang off our books and get some of that GAM. Beyond him the only ones I could see them going for are Ndam and Escobar. Both are quite good, but are backups for us at best.

I'd be worried about Valot, Bezecourt, or White, but the first two (while exceptionally good) have injury issues and while White has serious potential he's still largely untested at the MLS level.

Well, they could go for Ivan, but that wouldn't bother me too much. With Valot back a lot of our issues going forward are fixed.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

FOX's coverage of the 2018 MLS Cup Final between Atlanta United and Portland Timbers averaged 1.5 million viewers on the over-the-air network, an increase of 10% compared to the last time a MLS final was televised on the same network two years ago when Seattle defeated Toronto FC, thanks to a report by Showbuzz Daily.

It's Major League Soccer's second best viewership on record for a MLS Cup Final. The previous best was 2.2 million that watched the 1997 MLS Cup Final on ABC.

The viewing number for the 2018 MLS Cup Final does mask what has been largely been a disappointing year for the league's TV ratings. For the 2018 regular season, viewing numbers were down on both ESPN and FS1. While the viewing numbers were up for the over-the-air FOX network, it was only because they aired the games immediately after World Cup matches when TV sets were left on. On the Spanish-language side, ratings were way up on Univision Deportes, which helped boost the overall numbers.

The disappointing viewing numbers continued into the MLS Cup playoffs and semi-finals. The Conference semi-finals saw a 4% drop in viewership on English-language television when compared to last season, averaging just 240,125 on FS1 and ESPN. Viewership for the Western Conference Final was down almost 10% dropping from 326,000 average viewers in 2017 to 295,000 average viewers in 2018. The Eastern Conference Final was down 7% and 21,000 viewers from the 2017 edition.

Despite all of the doom and gloom for Major League Soccer, the league now potentially has a team that can be appealing for soccer fans to watch nationally. Whether Atlanta United can continue to win the hearts and minds of soccer fans across the United States, we will have to wait and see (especially after losing their star coach Tata Martino to Mexico, and rumors of their top players heading to Europe). But there is a strong foundation in Atlanta that could dominate over all of the other MLS clubs for years to come, thus creating a powerhouse in the league.
http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/12/...ers-on-fox-for-atlanta-triumph-over-portland/

Joe_Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
If Cincinnati plays their cards right they could get a really solid group of effective veterans in this expansion draft to build around. Already starting with Adi in tow is good but they could end up with Larentowicz and Jay Simpson and make sure they get solid veteran leadership for the move up. I'm not sure what type of team they had last season in USL but I imagine that their expansion effort will be closer in speed to Minnesota's than the immediate successes of Atlanta and LAFC

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hope to see a repeat of the infamous Porter/Arena gif, but with Gio doing the jumping and celebrating and Porter walking away shaking his head. That'd just be so beautiful.