• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take the road point but coughing up a 2-0 lead stinks. The Renaissalinas isn't what I expected from this season, but it's great to see Shea playing so well from the left wing.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Revs are fucking garbo

Ref sucked this match but it doesn't excuse us blowing it. We got lucky with a draw, they honestly should have won

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta watch that Revs game when I get home, it looks crazy as hell

Joe_Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Kansas on weird form lately
I think the emotional and physical burnout from the CCL matches this year led to some of it - The team is still very talented but a couple of injuries racked up over the extra games and put them in a bizarre situation where Vermes has had to put in Johan Croizet, a forward, in at left back, and he's been very poor. Losing Opara to Minnesota and Rubio to Colorado hasn't helped either. Barath hasn't been nearly as good at CB and Rubio as a reliable goal-scoring striker off the bench never got replaced, so they're giving up more goals and they've been unreliable in getting them back.

FWIW there are three very promising players under 21 in Wan Kuzain, Jaylin Lindsey, and Gianluca Busio that are coming up through the ranks and I think at the least, Ilie Sanchez, Johnny Russell, and Gerso Fernandes should stick with SKC for a few seasons after this one to provide some consistency. If this season is frustrating (and I predict that it will be, there's maybe a fringe playoff birth in the cards at best I'm guessing), at least there's some promising youth talent in the pipeline.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I think the emotional and physical burnout from the CCL matches this year led to some of it - The team is still very talented but a couple of injuries racked up over the extra games and put them in a bizarre situation where Vermes has had to put in Johan Croizet, a forward, in at left back, and he's been very poor. Losing Opara to Minnesota and Rubio to Colorado hasn't helped either. Barath hasn't been nearly as good at CB and Rubio as a reliable goal-scoring striker off the bench never got replaced, so they're giving up more goals and they've been unreliable in getting them back.

FWIW there are three very promising players under 21 in Wan Kuzain, Jaylin Lindsey, and Gianluca Busio that are coming up through the ranks and I think at the least, Ilie Sanchez, Johnny Russell, and Gerso Fernandes should stick with SKC for a few seasons after this one to provide some consistency. If this season is frustrating (and I predict that it will be, there's maybe a fringe playoff birth in the cards at best I'm guessing), at least there's some promising youth talent in the pipeline.
Worrying thing for SKC fans has to be how many goals they've given up. 10 to Monterrey is really bad, but tons since then to MLS teams.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
About time, they shouldn't have given him all that time. They shoulda had someone new for this season

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure how to feel, the Union are good? I'll just wait for the annual mid summer collapse to bring me back to reality.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

2019 USA FIFA WOMEN'S WORLD CUP ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB)

GOALKEEPERS (3): Adrianna Franch* (Portland Thorns FC), Ashlyn Harris** (Orlando Pride), Alyssa Naeher** (Chicago Red Stars)

DEFENDERS (7): Abby Dahlkemper* (NC Courage), Tierna Davidson* (Chicago Red Stars), Crystal Dunn* (NC Courage), Ali Krieger*** (Orlando Pride), Kelley O'Hara*** (Utah Royals FC), Becky Sauerbrunn*** (Utah Royals FC), Emily Sonnett* (Portland Thorns FC)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Morgan Brian** (Chicago Red Stars), Julie Ertz** (Chicago Red Stars), Lindsey Horan* (Portland Thorns FC), Rose Lavelle* (Washington Spirit), Allie Long* (Reign FC), Samantha Mewis* (NC Courage)

FORWARDS (7): Tobin Heath*** (Portland Thorns FC), Carli Lloyd**** (Sky Blue FC), Jessica McDonald* (NC Courage), Alex Morgan*** (Orlando Pride), Christen Press** (Utah Royals FC), Mallory Pugh* (Washington Spirit), Megan Rapinoe*** (Reign FC)

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
D5lqPk-W4AASfK5.jpg:large