• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

2-1
3-1
?-? both these teams are dumpster fires atm. It could go anywhere 7 - 1, 1 - 7 or anything in between and I would not be surprised.

CCL broke SKC like it broke Toronto. De Boer doesn't just have him dress but starts Brek Shea.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Is San Jose beating cinci not too far fetched?
Trap game for SJ. Quakes have been playing well, and Cinci have been bad recently plus they're coming off a flight from the East Coast midweek game. On paper SJ should win, but I'm very concerned about this one if they don't come out focused and motivated.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
The Rapids replaced the coach who did a bunch of dumb shit with one that is doing even dumber shit. This is very on brand for them.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Vancouver win away 3-2. Rapids scored with 2 penalties

to sum the match:

literal meme of a match, but a good 3 points and apart from the 2 bad penalties we were easily the better team

The Rapids replaced the coach who did a bunch of dumb shit with one that is doing even dumber shit. This is very on brand for them.

i genuinely can't see a way out of mediocrity for this club as long as that absolute piece of shit stan kroenke is still their owner

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
If MLS does expand to 30 teams. Surely a relegation system too right? I could only imagine a good lower league teams who deserve standard promotion?

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Trap game for SJ. Quakes have been playing well, and Cinci have been bad recently plus they're coming off a flight from the East Coast midweek game. On paper SJ should win, but I'm very concerned about this one if they don't come out focused and motivated.

FCC hasn't scored a goal in like a month lol. If Adi plays tonight maybe that'll change but I doubt it.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
2-1
3-1
?-? both these teams are dumpster fires atm. It could go anywhere 7 - 1, 1 - 7 or anything in between and I would not be surprised.

CCL broke SKC like it broke Toronto. De Boer doesn't just have him dress but starts Brek Shea.
So with Ambrose and Bello out for an extended period of time, who would you start instead of Shea? MLS doesn't have unlimited roster sizes so when you have 3 candidates for a position and 2 are out, not sure what the options are. If they thought they could bring up a left back from the USL side and he'd be better then they would have done so.

Shea isn't wowing anyone but acting like De Boer is starting him because he thinks he's great is incorrect.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
TFC getting out of Orlando with 3 points is a stunner considering how awfully they played

combination of good fortune and some very good saves kept them in it

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
5 straight loses for Columbus now

Wasnt expecting a win like that from philly either. Still top of the east

Last edited:

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I think RBNY might finally be back. That was a pretty crazy game, but for once this season I felt good about it.

OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

So with Ambrose and Bello out for an extended period of time, who would you start instead of Shea? MLS doesn't have unlimited roster sizes so when you have 3 candidates for a position and 2 are out, not sure what the options are. If they thought they could bring up a left back from the USL side and he'd be better then they would have done so.

Shea isn't wowing anyone but acting like De Boer is starting him because he thinks he's great is incorrect.

Ambrose was injured in April.
Brek was the starter from the beginning of the season.
6IGAI8f.png

Bring someone up from the youth team (They're better). Grab someone from the stands. Start the giant fucking spike.

Anyway -

Nico Gaitan is the business.

Jackson Yueill is the future.

Unkle Ted consistently tackling players in the run of play every season brings me life.

giphy.gif

Edit: The way he throws his fucking hands up afterwards kills me

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Ambrose was injured in April.
Brek was the starter from the beginning of the season.
6IGAI8f.png

Bring someone up from the youth team (They're better). Grab someone from the stands. Start the giant fucking spike.

Anyway -

Nico Gaitan is the business.

Jackson Yueill is the future.

Unkle Ted consistently tackling players in the run of play every season brings me life.

giphy.gif

Edit: The way he throws his fucking hands up afterwards kills me
Ambrose was also playing at right back at this time because of Escobar being out injured. But now with Escobar back, Ambrose and Bello are out.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Atlanta starting to come to life.........

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Atlanta starting to come to life.........
Yeah, this kind of started several games ago but the results and finishing have finally caught up.

To be fair, when teams want to play straight up and not park the bus, this is what Atlanta can look like. I expect a lot more parking the bus at the Benz this year from teams on the road. Which is what I'd do against Atlanta with the attacking talent they have.

Last edited:

Joe_Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Well, I'm alright with a spring slump with SKC as long as that means they have a strong summer. It's usually the opposite.
I really wouldn't be that surprised by an August-September surge like what happened in 2011, except this time prompted by players getting healthier rather than by a slew of home games thanks to the new stadium opening

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Oh wow, that was quick about Koch. Not surprising but they made some awful decisions in the preseason. They put all their points into defense and should have put some into attack power.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Quick trigger there. Adi's comments after the Quakes game might have been the final straw?

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Quick trigger there. Adi's comments after the Quakes game might have been the final straw?

Maybe, but it shouldn't have been. Adi was the selfish asshole who put his life and more importantly a lot of others in danger by driving 100 while drunk. He was a big part of FCC struggling the last month since he was supposed to be the key piece in attack.

I think the firing is equal parts deserved and still too early. He didn't build the roster to be so terribly imbalanced. Without Adi (and Ledesma who is a very good player imo) they had no firepower. Mattocks has been atrocious and they've been playing 3/4 central midfielders at a time mainly out of necessity. That being said Koch has shown he was over matched in terms of style of play and sub pattern even leading back to last year.