• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
That's the problem though! It's supposed to be the best goal of the week!
It's really fans best goal of the week. They won't be objective. Ideally you have someone at ESPN or something do it but they don't care about MLS. If you had MLS themselves do it, they're gonna push whoever represents the hottest team at the time or who drives clicks, because publicity is good for the league. Or at least, that's what you would think might be tempting for them to do, even if they're trying to be objective.

We could a poll here! And include links to the goals. Here I'd be objective. But I'm one of those Atlanta fans that vote for whoever represents Atlanta that week in the MLS vote.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I agree. He has some off the field issues, but if he can keep that and his temper under control, he'll be exciting to watch.

Totally. And after getting some background on his past, I'm a huge believer. He was at game 6 of the Blazers - Nuggets series and loving it. Hopefully he feels home here once he settles.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Atlanta sets an MLS record with their 5th consecutive shutout victory

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brian Fernandez era is gonna be fun for Timbers.

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've never, ever, ever seen a goal like this from a Timbers team. Ever. The pass is superb. The run is superb. The awareness is superb. The dude has been with the team for like, barely a week. Seriously. I've been to pretty much every home game since 2014? 2013? I can't recall exactly. I cannot tell you how fucking excited I am now about our attack. I'm also probably overreacting a bit. But after seeing that tonight, and understanding how dope Valeri and Blanco are and how much better they can be with another incredible Argentine winger who can float freely but has the speed and awareness to make runs like we saw tonight... fuck. I cannot wait for June 1. I think we're playing LAFC? That game is going to be a MUST WATCH GAME.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Vela was lucky to escape with his ankle intact after that cheap shot from the Dallas FC defender. Hope that asshole is suspended.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
D626SU6XkAEyXQL.jpg:large

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
That RBNY vs Atl United game is going to be interesting. Both teams were incredibly dominant last year, but this year both teams are barely treading water. I just hope Armas goes all in with the press, they need to get back to what the team is built to do. This whole deep block thing isn't working, Etienne is the only winger with the speed to pull it off and he still needs a bit of development time.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
That RBNY vs Atl United game is going to be interesting. Both teams were incredibly dominant last year, but this year both teams are barely treading water. I just hope Armas goes all in with the press, they need to get back to what the team is built to do. This whole deep block thing isn't working, Etienne is the only winger with the speed to pull it off and he still needs a bit of development time.
Atlanta definitely started out poor. 5 wins in a row has helped. But this is also the 5th game in 15 days so against the press is going to be interesting. They held out Nagbe and Parkhurst midweek so it'll be a full strength squad.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Hell of a debut for him.

Good job to NYRB, Atlanta looked tired. Hopefully they can even things up in July when NYRB come to Atlanta.
His debut was the midweek game last week, but him and White are pretty damn good. If even one of the two develop into a starter we'll be in good shape, if both do then oh boy

Edit: moment of the match

Last edited:

valeo

Oct 27, 2017
Gutted Tyler Boyd has switched allegiance to the USA. Just starting to hit his straps; good player.