• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the players have made it clear they do not care for her. I did not hate her and I am sad to see her go. She's a great coach.
Real talk, they didn't have to like her. Hell, by all account the RBNY players like Armas more than Jesse but a blind man can see which one you'd rather have coaching the team.

That said, if you're going to quit, doing it after winning your second world cup in a row is how to do it.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
MLS should go back to East vs West for the All-Star game. I suppose that messes with player bonuses because they'd have to call in a lot more players, but I'm sure there's a workaround.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

He's also going to be at the RBNY game tomorrow. It'd be a shame if the team started losing and the South Ward chanted "Armas Out." He might feel the need to, I dunno, take over the team for the remainder of the season. It would really suck if we wound up with a UCL tier coach for the last few months of the season.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
HUGE game tonight. Time to really prove it Revs. Even if we lose tonight, I just want to see we can go toe to toe with the best team in the league...but I believe we can win.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
i like how bedoya used his platform as a professional athlete playing in a nationally televised game to demand gun control and immediate action

...but then you look at the thread on this site and it's all "LOL IT'S MLS LADS NOBODY WAS WATCHING THE GAME WHO CARES"

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
i like how bedoya used his platform as a professional athlete playing in a nationally televised game to demand gun control and immediate action

...but then you look at the thread on this site and it's all "LOL IT'S MLS LADS NOBODY WAS WATCHING THE GAME WHO CARES"

I didnt catch the game yesterday, and admittedly i watch more Euro footy than anything. But i woke up and saw this and thought this was a cool move.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

Quickest way to get me to be uninterested in what any American fan posts is if they use words like lad, mate, etc. You're not British, get over it.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Quickest way to get me to be uninterested in what any American fan posts is if they use words like lad, mate, etc. You're not British, get over it.

american eurosnobs typing like troopz from ArsenalFanTV is hilarious

I didnt catch the game yesterday, and admittedly i watch more Euro footy than anything. But i woke up and saw this and thought this was a cool move.

and, luckily, no suspension or fine

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The Dynamo losing streak has been devastating. Now they're out of the playoff spot with no games at hand.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

And this is why you don't waste your DP money on a thirty-something rental. No playoff wins yet and a strong start to this year and now dropping pretty quickly.

Lucho Acosta is about to be gone too. Hopefully they're smart enough to try to trade him now and get something rather than letting him leave for free at the end of the year. Though there's nothing keeping him from agreeing with another team and signing for free later.

Question for anyone that's a member of a supporters group.. is your group having any internal debates about whether to publicly support Emerald City Supporters? Just curious.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of DPs, sounds like Rodriguez from Penarol/Uruguay to LAFC might be back on:

Probably means Rossi is not long for MLS but I hope he can at least finish out the season.

LAFC also resigned Latif Blessing through 2022. Well deserved raise for Blessing, who's been a joy to watch and has been a key piece for the team this year.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly his wife was done being in the US and Rooney wants to be with his family so he wanted out.

Probably reading the travel advice.

Seems like a real downgrade. He seemed to be doing really well over there. Nice lifestyle. Swapping that for Derby and the mockery of all and sundry.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Probably reading the travel advice.

Seems like a real downgrade. He seemed to be doing really well over there. Nice lifestyle. Swapping that for Derby and the mockery of all and sundry.
Yeah seems like a real downgrade but since he's a player/coach at Derby I'm assuming he's trying to transition into coaching and thinks that can be his start.

Josef Martinez out for US Open semifinal tonight against Orlando with an adductor injury. Will be interesting what they do at striker since Vazquez has been injured and Villalba is coming back but probably not ready for a full 90. Could do Barco and Pity as 2 strikers in a 3-5-2 or maybe Barco as a lone striker in a false 9.

Will be interesting. This is Orlando's biggest game of the year since they're probably not making the playoffs and they've never beaten us. They've blocked any ticket purchases from Georgia for the game so they're trying to keep Atlanta fans out lol.