• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Tell me single elimination isn't a billion times more fun than home and away!

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Welp, at least FC Dallas is out. I can root for the winner as an official neutral party (except for the Galaxy).

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017

Killer, damning piece here. This part particularly infuriated me:
peaking for the first time publicly on the topic, he said he was told more than once not to speak Spanish to Latino players, and that his continued use of Spanish on the field may have contributed to him being let go. "I did it a couple of times when I saw coaches from the opposite team so they wouldn't understand me," he explained. "I felt I had the advantage if the other team didn't understand the directions I was giving."

Pérez said the order came from the top of US Soccer. Two sources, who asked not to be named out of fear retaliation, confirmed that Pérez spoke to them at the time about the request from US Soccer officials to not speak Spanish with players during matches or training.

Pérez said he ignored the requests and that no one explained to him why there was an objection other than, "This was a US national team." In fact, he said he had heard former coach Jürgen Klinsmann speak German to German-born American players during a senior USMNT training session.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'll say this about the new playoff format, the single elims have largely delivered on entertainment value, but it is kinda BS that half the teams will never even have a chance to host a single playoff game, and many more will get one at the most. This system leans way heavily on advantaging the higher seeded teams.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this about the new playoff format, the single elims have largely delivered on entertainment value, but it is kinda BS that half the teams will never even have a chance to host a single playoff game, and many more will get one at the most. This system leans way heavily on advantaging the higher seeded teams.
It makes the regular season count for something. Before, we'd all complain the regular season was crap because everyone made it to the playoffs. Now place on the table matters.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It makes the regular season count for something. Before, we'd all complain the regular season was crap because everyone made it to the playoffs. Now place on the table matters.
It's not so much the home field advantage I'm quibbling with as how it really sucks for fans of the teams who aren't near the top of the table. Like, not even one game? That's a huge bummer to not even have the chance to attend a playoff game. For a lot of people attending games with that playoff atmosphere is the value of the playoffs.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It's not so much the home field advantage I'm quibbling with as how it really sucks for fans of the teams who aren't near the top of the table. Like, not even one game? That's a huge bummer to not even have the chance to attend a playoff game. For a lot of people attending games with that playoff atmosphere is the value of the playoffs.
Yeah, that sucks. I'm not gonna lie.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
That would have been out of this world if the Johnson assist had led to a goal

Good match, congrats TFC

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

I LOVE single elimination

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Vanney don't get enough credit, made some great changes last couple of games to drag this team to the ECF without Jozy and Gonzalez