• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to add this as well.

Chris Armas was bounced from the playoffs after a single game, with a squad full of academy recruits, college players, and European castoffs looking for a fresh start.

Dome Torrent was bounced from the playoffs after a single game, with a squad full of high paid players with good pedigrees.

Chris Armas has no appreciable gameplan, at half time he draws circles around words on a whiteboard and gesticulates wildly as he yells the word "effort."

Dome Torrent reportedly does plan for every game and makes tactical adjustments based on what he sees on the field.

Armas very nearly won his playoff game and only really lost because he took his foot off the gas in the second half.

Torrent very nearly tied his game and sent it into overtime and only lost because his players gave up a penalty in the dying minutes of the game.

I'm not sure which coach is worse...

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Rimando deserved a better send off than that

It's one thing to lose and it's another to lose like that. I'm so pissed off. Suspend that idiot for half the season

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Was hoping for Philly to pull it off but Atlanta has looked totally in control. We'll see.

edit: GUZAN damn. Philly been in control since the goal. Hope they keep it close.

Last edited:

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I wish I could stay up for El Trafico but I will be nonfunctional tomorrow if I do. Very sad about it

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My fam jumped on LAFC when they were founded because of all the bad times Carson California brought them lol. So I just tagged along but I'm nowhere near as diehard as either side's big fans. They really don't like each other, it's kinda wild
As a Timbers fan, I just want whatever team is better equipped to beat the Sounders. ;)

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
LAFC could go up 7-2 here and I still would still be pretty sure they'd some joe blow it before the game was over

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
jesus fuck I can breathe now. Rossi was incredible. Dio was awesome. The Galaxy defense was fucking abysmal. Great gameplan from Bob. Galaxy were really gifted 2 goals and this probably had no business being as close as it was, but that's been the case for all these games. Now please, Zlatan go off to Italy so I don't have to have nightmares about you anymore.

The Galaxy are a mess if Zlatan and possibly Pavon both go next year. That is not a good team.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
The Galaxy are a mess if Zlatan and possibly Pavon both go next year. That is not a good team.

zlatan gone

pavon will stay

and the team isn't great because barros schelotto & te Kloese haven't had a full offseason to make the changes needed. and then there's the new CBA likely bringing more cap space + a vacant DP spot left by zlatan. as a vancouver fan, i'm scared of the galaxy next year honestly

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
zlatan gone

pavon will stay

and the team isn't great because barros schelotto & te Kloese haven't had a full offseason to make the changes needed. and then there's the new CBA likely bringing more cap space + a vacant DP spot left by zlatan. as a vancouver fan, i'm scared of the galaxy next year honestly

Guess yeah they will have an offseason to re-build. As an LAFC fan though, as long as Zlatan is gone I'm feeling good.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If he leaves it'll be the league in general. He's rumored to have some interest from some Serie A teams, and he seems like a guy who wants to be at the highest level. It always felt like he had no respect for the MLS competiton.
I love how every single quote of his it feels like he's trolling MLS in some way.

This whole venture was 100% an ego trip for him and I'm not even mad. What a legend.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Davies had a great debut in the 11. Instrumental in Lewandowski's GWG and did lots of other good things. Not a strong opponent, but it's great to see him finding his feet at Bayern.