• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Realistically, how long can the MLS continue on when the bulk of its teams are losing money?
Depends on why they're losing money. For example, I'm not too worried about RBNY because all their money is basically going into the academy. So they'll recoup it in big chunks as players get sold off (when Adams is moved from Leipzig in a few years they're going to make an absolute killing given the deal they made). Plus they own their own stadium, so they can just sell the naming rights at any point if they feel the need for some more income.

I'm more worried about the teams that don't own their own stadium, don't regularly sell players, and are running in the red.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to bet there is a decent amount of fudging going on in those records anyway. It's the same way half the NBA teams were losing money before the lockout in 2011.
Oh absolutely. There's a union negotiation coming up, you think they're going to go "Yeah, we're all swimming in cash"?

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring the RBNY trolling, I do agree the shield has lost its significance and it's only going to mean less and less with every expansion. Dropping emphasis of that and putting it on the Open Cup is a great idea to me.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel like having the final of the MLS on a Sunday afternoon is just a bad decision. Ratings would probably be higher on like a Tuesday or Wednesday night no?

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Pulisic scores again for Chelsea. That is 5 goals in his last 3 PL games. Hopefully he can keep this run of form while playing for the US next week.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
EJHnBi-XsAQD1LG

No Pulisic due to injury, apparently. 😕

Dest gonna get cap tied though. 🙂

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Congrats to Don Garber who succeeded in his mission to get USSSF to hire a crony that picks a bunch of shitty MLS players.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Don Garber who succeeded in his mission to get USSSF to hire a crony that picks a bunch of shitty MLS players.
You realize the teams the US has been losing to are all filled to the brim with even worse MLS players right?

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
You realize the teams the US has been losing to are all filled to the brim with even worse MLS players right?

Worse than Trapp? Worse than Lovitz? Nah. Some MLS players are valuable, but having 75% of the roster being domestic players, a lot of which aren't good enough is a disaster. And that doesn't even get into the nightmare that is Berhalter's "system".

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Worse than Trapp? Worse than Lovitz? Nah. Some MLS players are valuable, but having 75% of the roster being domestic players, a lot of which aren't good enough is a disaster. And that doesn't even get into the nightmare that is Berhalter's "system".

I mean Canada was starting at least one USL player against us last game lol, so yeah, worse than Trapp and Lovitz.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

"We once played well for 25 minutes"

On the brothers berhalter conpsiracy

Just click on those and read the thread. All of these quotes are just awful and I hate it.

OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

The Chicago fire traded Dax McCarty to Nashville for Monopoly money. Dax has been extremely professional about his time in Chicago but you cannot help but feel like he is nothing but relieved to be out of there (rightfully so)

But at least the team that invited soccer and the full stadium tifo came away with MLS Cup after having yet another mediocre season and we got to see so much more of that white rapper guy whose name escapes me but whom I can safely say is not worth googling.

oh and GGG is safe in his position forever so that's good news as well. Will Trapp and Gyasi Zardes forever. LFG.

Super pumped.

Yeah.

Fucking so ready for CCLFever and silly season.

when that 34 yo ex la-liga signing hits... woooo

Oct 29, 2017
You can look really good early if you high press. You can also run your team into the ground because they are not skilled enough to sustain a high press.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
You can look really good early if you high press. You can also run your team into the ground because they are not skilled enough to sustain a high press.
You need to specifically condition for a sustained high press. Part of why the RB teams are successful is that they can take it to a level that other teams just can't and then sustain that level over the course of a whole game (or even kick it up a notch).

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Zlatan and the Galaxy officially parting ways. Wonder where he lands.

As a fan, he was amazing to watch even at his advanced age.

As an LAFC fan, I'm glad he's gone.

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Lol dude didn't win a single piece of hardware for his team or individually... Conquered what exactly?