• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I am too happy for you becoming admin to even care now haha -
giphy.gif

Did you not tell them you were from New Jersey though or ?
You son of a

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
This is that happens when you force people to live somewhere if they want the job.

Also who really cares who coaches youth national teams, development with club teams is way more important now anyways.
We need to be getting these kids experience in tournaments, which means qualifying for tournaments, which this record does not encourage hope for.

valeo

Oct 27, 2017
Anthony Hudson signed as U20 coach. Wow.

As a New Zealand football fan, this guy is an absolute charlatan. Good talker, but a terrible, terrible coach.

NZ has the best squad in many years (Ryan Thomas at PSV, Chris Wood at Burnley, Reid at West Ham etc.) and he made us look worse than Papa New Guinea.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Anthony Hudson signed as U20 coach. Wow.

As a New Zealand football fan, this guy is an absolute charlatan. Good talker, but a terrible, terrible coach.

NZ has the best squad in many years (Ryan Thomas at PSV, Chris Wood at Burnley, Reid at West Ham etc.) and he made us look worse than Papa New Guinea.

he's an absolute fraud who only gets jobs because he's white, has an english accent, and claims to have studied under actually good coaches

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017

It begins again, kind of wish they just passed on the pick because it would have been hilarious, but no way the league would have allowed that.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

It begins again, kind of wish they just passed on the pick because it would have been hilarious, but no way the league would have allowed that.

You can get some decent team players in the draft. RBNY got Brian White two years back and he's worked out pretty decently (not gonna be international caliber, but good enough for MLS)

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
You can get some decent team players in the draft. RBNY got Brian White two years back and he's worked out pretty decently (not gonna be international caliber, but good enough for MLS)
I don't disagree, but I just find it funny how Tanner simply finds no value there, and frankly after seeing some of the people he dug up last season, I'm perfectly willing to trust him.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree, but I just find it funny how Tanner simply finds no value there, and frankly after seeing some of the people he dug up last season, I'm perfectly willing to trust him.
Yeah, I don't blame him either. tbh, I'm fine with RBNY doing it because it just means more players for Woly to play at RB2. But if not for that I wouldn't give a rat's ass about the draft

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
That pick for McBride just doesn't feel right. I hope he does well since he seems like a nice guy.
Looking at the structure, if he doesn't I don't think anyone in charge will even care or hold people not performing responsible.

Last edited:

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
That pick for McBride just doesn't feel right. I hope he does well done he seems like a nice guy.
Looking at the structure if he doesn't I don't think anyone will even care out hold people not performing responsible.
As he is totally inexperienced in that kind of job, I wonder if he has any empowerment or say at all in any personnel decisions or if it's all "building the culture" type bullshit

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Shit el trafico is going to be fire. Hopefully Chicharito doesn't scare all of the shit out of me the way Zlatan did.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Don't think it'll end up happening but man would FCC getting Gaston Pereiro would be so huge. Transfermarkt value of 11.4 million. Had 10g 6a last year at PSV. They still really need one more attacker and I doubt they could get anyone better as a DP.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think it'll end up happening but man would FCC getting Gaston Pereiro would be so huge. Transfermarkt value of 11.4 million. Had 10g 6a last year at PSV. They still really need one more attacker and I doubt they could get anyone better as a DP.
I heard that fell through.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

SI.com has learned that L.A. is paying Sevilla a transfer fee of ā‚¬8.5 million ($9.4 million), which is the same amount that Sevilla paid West Ham for Chicharito last year. Chicharito's deal with the Galaxy is a three-year guaranteed contract, and it's laden with incentives. I'm now told that his guaranteed annual salary will be around $6 million, so while Chicharito's incentives may cause him to take home more money than any other player in MLS, his guaranteed money on the MLS players' union salary list may come in just under Carlos Vela and Jozy Altidore's $6.3 million.

Some chatter that Chicago could land Rodolfo Pizzaro from Monterrey.

chicago need someone to fill up soldier field, and he'd fit the bill with their massive mexican/latinx population

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Starting to worry RBNY isn't going to sign anyone this year...

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
Won $5k last year because of this league on bets in a 11 match parlay so ofcourse I'll back for the new seasonšŸ˜Ž

Interested to see how Nashville and inter miami do

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
As a TFC fan, i like Jozy..i think he is great, when healthy. Problem is...it feels like he is usually out half the season most the time. If it were possible to bring in someone else more reliable and less injury prone, i would not be opposed.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017

Sources close to the Crew's front office have told The Dispatch that the team is thinking seriously about changing its name, colors and logo by the time its new stadium opens in the summer of 2021. Changing to what? The best guess here is they don't know yet and they are using a Frank Luntz focus group to figure it out.

Asked for a response, a team spokesman sent this email Tuesday afternoon:

"As part of the process of building the future identity and brand for the Club, we have engaged in dialogue about the historic projects underway. From the evolution of the League's first soccer specific stadium, to the experience center in the Short North, to what the new, downtown stadium will look like, it is seemingly prudent to evaluate how our supporters and new fans would interact with them. This Club has been a vital part of the community for nearly 25 years and so any explorations of the identity of the projects must be done with the spirit of the past and what we believe the Club can achieve in the next 25 years."

I know it's likely this is them just kicking the tires on things like maybe removing the SC or revamping a logo (return of the hardhats?), but lord help them if they change the Crew name or move away from yellow and black. Unlike a lot of other names since changed (Burn) or still around (Real Salt Lake), the Crew actually works and it's so established. Like it's an absolutely silly name, but that's why it's great. It's such a reflection of '90s soccer and is uniquely American in a sea of teams aping some name from another country. I'd hate if DC, Colorado, the Galaxy or the Revs ever changed their name and I still mourn the silliness of the Wiz and Metrostars (OK not really the Wiz).

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Crew actually have one of the better brand/visual identities in the MLS, at least I thought so.
They absolutely do! I only don't like the logo ATM but it's perfectly respectable. I have a soft spot for all the relics of MLS 1.0. They've made that name and colors work and I can't imagine MLS without it. I wasn't bothered when Colorado changed their colors because they never really settled on a identity that stood out and changed to one that's unique for the league. But the Crew have always stood out.