• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
yeah wish the first kits had that. It's a much cleaner look.

oh man this gold logo plus the traditional gold 3 striped design (as opposed to this should style) would be the best kit in MLS, easily.

as is right now, i think vancouver's got the best though. miami should've been up there with their colour palette but they really dropped the ball on the design + qatar sponsorship (yuck)

Surprised they didn't announce their channel reached 1 million subscribers...rimshot...

bravo

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
yeah i thought they were going with some artisan sub-brand of bimbo, that would've been cool.

even with bimbo, they still a top 5 kit sponsor in the league just by virtue of not being a MLM/pyramid scheme/private health insurance/banking company
I assume it's to get the Latino audience. Now if they can only show the games outside ESPN+.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
yeah i thought they were going with some artisan sub-brand of bimbo, that would've been cool.

even with bimbo, they still a top 5 kit sponsor in the league just by virtue of not being a MLM/pyramid scheme/private health insurance/banking company

They are using the artisano brand on the away jerseys, the home are saying Bimbo

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Dang dude, careful. Some of us are still working

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
That goal was sick.

Really hope some of these young talents pan out for the USMNT. A core of Pulisic, Sargent, Weah, Reyna, Dest, et al. seems very promising.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm honest, I am super annoyed Red Bull allowed them to use the stadium. Should have forced them to go to Connecticut again or a college campus.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted the pink jersey.

But I'm ok with these. They're fine. Hopefully we get a pink one eventually.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
The stripes mess with some of them but the Revs, Minny, Colorado and Portland have solid versions of that template.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
TFC fan here. I think ours isnt horrid. But i feel like it couldve been a lot better. Also, i see they stole the idea from York9 to list all the GTA names on their shirts lol.

OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

EQGrjP9XYAI5hIT

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
NYT: N.Y.C.F.C. Is Close to Deal to Build Stadium in the Bronx
New York City F.C.'s circuitous search for a permanent home — a seven-year quest that generated frustration for the team, exasperation among its supporters and endless ridicule from rival fans in Major League Soccer — has come full circle.

The Major League Soccer team's owners, in conjunction with a group of local developers, are nearing an agreement with New York City that would allow the team to construct a privately financed 25,000-seat stadium in the South Bronx as part of a development project costing more than $1 billion.

The new stadium, the anchor of a plan that will replace parking lots and an elevator parts factory with affordable housing units, a new school, a hotel and retail stores, would rise just a short walk down River Avenue from the team's current home at Yankee Stadium.

The developers, which include Jorge Madruga's Maddd Equities, say the project has the support of Mayor Bill de Blasio and James Patchett, the president of the city's Economic Development Corporation, which said in a statement that it sees value in the proposal, but cautioned that no formal agreement has been finalized.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
The salary cap will finally top $10 million with the new CBA. I suppose it doesn't matter too much with how much is spent on DPs, but it feels like a significant milestone.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
The salary cap will finally top $10 million with the new CBA. I suppose it doesn't matter too much with how much is spent on DPs, but it feels like a significant milestone.
It means players can not only get paid more, but that guys that would normally require allocation money don't anymore. It raises the potential average level.

I'll believe it when I see it lol

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017

it is significant, and it does seem like the money is spread out enough to make a difference across the roster. It's interesting that the league made sure to hang on to the right to severely restrict the third DP slot to young DPs if they feel the need to do so. I imagine whatever their u-22 initiative will be tested out at least for a few years at first. They clearly want to be in the buying and selling young Brazilian and Argentine players business (which makes sense if you want to be a selling league like they do).

I texted a friend today that their used to be players making ~$10k and as someone who only cared about World Cups until 2018 he was shocked.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
it is significant, and it does seem like the money is spread out enough to make a difference across the roster. It's interesting that the league made sure to hang on to the right to severely restrict the third DP slot to young DPs if they feel the need to do so. I imagine whatever their u-22 initiative will be tested out at least for a few years at first. They clearly want to be in the buying and selling young Brazilian and Argentine players business (which makes sense if you want to be a selling league like they do).

I texted a friend today that their used to be players making ~$10k and as someone who only cared about World Cups until 2018 he was shocked.
Becoming South America's gateway to Europe is a smart play. I'm hoping the new Red Bull team in Brazil leads to a few transfers up here in time.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

This took me by surprise a bit... seems like he'd be good but has been troubled by injuries in recent years. Not sure that's what you want when your other DP forward is Jozy Altidore

I also can't help but be a little bit cynical since he was a free agent after being released a few months early by his previous club (Espanyol). After the grueling transfer process of Pozuel last year they went and got Piatti for free.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

This took me by surprise a bit... seems like he'd be good but has been troubled by injuries in recent years. Not sure that's what you want when your other DP forward is Jozy Altidore

I also can't help but be a little bit cynical since he was a free agent after being released a few months early by his previous club (Espanyol). After the grueling transfer process of Pozuel last year they went and got Piatti for free.

a possible upside to this signing:

so basically have piatti as your third DP this season and then (if the U23 change to the third DP slot happens) buy him down next year below the threshold and get a U23 DP next year in a barco/almiron/rossi mold.