• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
A big part of why he wasn't doing great for us is that Armas massively slowed down the team's play style. BWP is at his best playing quickly, we haven't been doing that since Jesse left. I think they're going to wind up getting 17-a-season BWP over at LAFC.

OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

The Miami stuff not being checked out I guess shouldn't be surprising, but still..

Also, I am at an even weirder place with the Chicago Fire Department than ever before. LAFC is closer to the Chicago Fire I grew up with (Bob, Ante, Thorington) than what the club is right now.

Silly season will not stop for this post:

Also,

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
edit: Apparently Pat Brennan had it first: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...nati-coach-ron-jans-investigation/4761935002/

theathletic.com

Sources: FC Cincinnati head coach Ron Jans used racial slur in front of players

Amid an investigation, Jans will step away from his coaching duties

Cincy coach Ron Jans apparently used the N word in front of players at some point during preseason. He'll be stepping aside as coach while there's an investigation underway.

Multiple sources tell The Athletic that FC Cincinnati head coach Ron Jans used a racial slur — the N-word — in front of a group of players earlier this preseason. The league and MLS Players Association are aware of the incident, which will be independently investigated.

The sources said that the club held a meeting with players about the incident on Friday afternoon at the team's preseason camp in Florida, and added that an attorney from the MLSPA met with Cincinnati players about it on Friday morning. FC Cincinnati said in a statement that Jans would be stepping aside from his coaching duties while an investigation is completed.

It was not clear whether Jans directed the word toward a player or group of players, or if he said it in some other context. FC Cincinnati's roster includes a number of people of color.

Multiple sources tell The Athletic that when confronted over his use of the term, Jans claimed he was quoting lyrics from a hip-hop song.

From Cincinatti.com:
In a separate incident, the complaint against Jans says he made inappropriate comments about slavery before the Oct. 6 game against D.C. United. In that case, it was said after Jans spent time at the nation's memorials and was meant to inspire the team to overcome adversity.

Last edited:

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
edit: Apparently Pat Brennan had it first: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...nati-coach-ron-jans-investigation/4761935002/

theathletic.com

Sources: FC Cincinnati head coach Ron Jans used racial slur in front of players

Amid an investigation, Jans will step away from his coaching duties

Cincy coach Ron Jans apparently used the N word in front of players at some point during preseason. He'll be stepping aside as coach while there's an investigation underway.

From Cincinatti.com:
lmao, wtf

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
best website to keep up with the transfers?

donno which teams have made the most improvements

i know Cinci def needs too lol

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017

They handled this topic yesterday in a football talkshow in the Netherlands, Ron Jans being a Dutch coach.

How is this looked upon in the US?

The information I have:
There was a song which Ron Jans sang along which had the racial slur. Apparently some player told him: "Coach, what you just did is really, really unacceptable here". I understand he then apologized in front of the whole group.
One player then afterwards reported him to the soccer association.

What is the general consensus in the US about this? Will this end his job in Cincinatti? From what I heard is that the whole player group still supports him.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Jans has resigned.

There are some real winners in the replies

They handled this topic yesterday in a football talkshow in the Netherlands, Ron Jans being a Dutch coach.

How is this looked upon in the US?

The information I have:
There was a song which Ron Jans sang along which had the racial slur. Apparently some player told him: "Coach, what you just did is really, really unacceptable here". I understand he then apologized in front of the whole group.
One player then afterwards reported him to the soccer association.

What is the general consensus in the US about this? Will this end his job in Cincinatti? From what I heard is that the whole player group still supports him.

You can't be going around using racial slurs, full stop. Just because he's European doesn't make it any less racist.

OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

Cincinnati is a disaster thus far.

On a brighter note - Here's Felipe looking like he is determined to catch the fastest yellow card in league history this year.

The DCU kits this year are tight.

Also, shout out to the person who made this dope CCL edit:

giphy.gif

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
That's my question answered already.

just wanted to know if he standed a chance.

Looks like he might have said more than just singing it in a song. If it was just a song I think he would have kept his job.

best website to keep up with the transfers?

donno which teams have made the most improvements

i know Cinci def needs too lol

FCC has improved their team quite a bit, but hard to see them getting off to a strong start now because of this whole disaster with Jans.

OP
OP
Cystm

Cystm

LAFC are in preseason form. Bob has a lot of work to do if he actually plans on replacing Zimmerman with Blackmon. El Munir looked childlike.

Josef is always in top form.

Guzan has made this kind of save before but, so clutch here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
LAFC are in preseason form. Bob has a lot of work to do if he actually plans on replacing Zimmerman with Blackmon. El Munir looked childlike.

Josef is always in top form.

Guzan has made this kind of save before but, so clutch here.

Not gonna lie, Josef looks old as shit with that hair

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
ESPN:

LA Galaxy to offer Messi a way out?
It has been fairly well documented by now, but things haven't exactly been going smoothly between Barcelona and Lionel Messi recently. Two weeks ago an outburst on Instagram raised the possibility of his leaving the club and the fallout is still rumbling on.

But where would he go? Manchester City? A return to boyhood club Newell's Old Boys? If a report from Argentine broadcaster Radio Continental is to be believed, his destination could be MLS side LA Galaxy.

The report states that Galaxy manager and former Boca Juniors star Guillermo Barros Schelotto reached out to Messi's father, Jorge, last year to see if there were any possibility of making a move to MLS after they lost Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Now, Messi's contract reportedly features an exit clause that allows him to leave the Catalan club at the end of each season, which would leave him free to join the Galaxy -- or any other club -- this summer.

The only hitch is that LA already have three designated players in Javier Hernandez, Cristian Pavon and Jonathan dos Santos, which means the five-time MLS Cup champions would have to get creative to find a way to fit Messi under the league's salary cap. Indeed, ESPN Argentina reports that the Galaxy want to make Pavon's loan move from Boca Juniors permanent in a deal worth around $20m.
I suppose he is 32 lol.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
this ron jans drama is bringing out the closet racists in the MLS community

imagine feeling like you have to defend that shit so much lmao

denisqc

Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I was also expecting a massacre in the other way, especially after Piatti's departure.
Pleasant surprise