• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite cheap beer is Coors Light. My usual default is Stella. Blue Moon is the best on that list, but for the summer I enjoy Oberon more.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Surprised Pikachu @ a bunch of cheap water beer, and then fake Guinness, are on the top.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Not shocked to see the massive breweries at the top of this list. The craft beer market is so vast that it would be impossible for a single beer to make the cut, there's just too much variety. Also, most of middle America still seems to turn their nose up at anything too hoppy.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Can't say I'm surprised. They're huge, cheap, and widely available.

Sam Adams (seasonals) and Blue Moon are my go-to beers at places that have no variety and only sell domestic, but craft and micro-brews are much more preferable.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Moon is the go to choice if you're just out anywhere, but if you really want to have class Hitachino Red Rice Ale is the best. A six pack will run you like $30, but it's worth it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i buy Guinness and Strongbow and make broke-ass black velveteens

Bora Horza

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I love Heineken, although my taste in beer is pretty basic. I especially love it when I go to Amsterdam, tastes even fresher.

On a side note, I thought Yorkshire would have preferred Tetleys over John Smith's?!

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canadian here. Love Heineken. I don't know that many people that do here though. I find Corona nasty

aSniperJones

Oct 26, 2017
District of Columbia
Dominican Republic's Favorite Cerveza… whenever I visit this is all we drink.
Beer snobs really dislike it, but it's cool with me.

...and I love DR, we started drinking right outside of the arrival terminal in front of the policia… he even said 'salute'

092c789fead7cec2c4295dfb33d68cf1.jpg

Miso

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Northen Beaches
First up Guinness is terrible.

I've you even had any other stout you can see how thin it is. Even being on nitro can't add any body.

Other thing I read is that Americans are screaming out for decent beers at the 5% mark - having come back form a week there it was impossible to find anything decent at a brewery around 5%. The good beers were either 7% IPA NEIPAs or 10% stouts.

No skills to brew without overloading on hops or alcohol and no skill to get a decent well rounded balanced beer at 5%

Get over the hops yanks and lift your game.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Moon is good. The rest? meh. They are stuff you drink when your at a cookout with the family and just wanna drink something light

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area

I've you even had any other stout you can see how thin it is. Even being on nitro can't add any body.

Other thing I read is that Americans are screaming out for decent beers at the 5% mark - having come back form a week there it was impossible to find anything decent at a brewery around 5%. The good beers were either 7% IPA NEIPAs or 10% stouts.

No skills to brew without overloading on hops or alcohol and no skill to get a decent well rounded balanced beer at 5%

Where'd you visit, because in California, you won't be lacking on great breweries with a great selection even if it's IPA's aren't your thing

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
If you actually think any of these beers taste like water, you should probably be checking the quality of your water before dissing the beer.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

5% is a pretty arbitrary cut off, especially for a stout. Historically, a stout is a strong beer, around 7-8% abv.

The American lagers that everyone loves to hate slot in right around 5%, and so do the blonde ales and the Kölschs, so it's not like yankee brewers can't make it work without cranking up the booze.

Ether30

Alt account
Banned
May 23, 2019
Feel sorry for the majority of the country . In Northern California we have it made with breweries and selections . It's amazing