• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
The MM restock at BestBuy is real! Only in-store for now it seems.
Also got the two lovely Tiki/Chrom amiibos yesterday too.

2017-10-2520.14.06ugswm.jpg
2017-10-2421.46.481isq7.jpg

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Was able to get a MM Link amiibo yesterday at BB as well. This was in LA

Oct 25, 2017
Just copped the MM amiibo yesterday and Smash Ness on sale. I've got 5 of them now, and I feel the momentum slowly picking up. I expect I'll be active in the amiibo hunting this time next year haha

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes you all made it!! :D

Got my four Champions on lockdown at Amazon! I'm going to have trouble fitting them all on my shelf. I think I'm approaching like 70 Amiibo now and am getting close to being screwed on places to put them. lol

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
got Revali coming from amazon so that's good

still undecided on the SMO amiibo, will probably get Bowser but I need to see Mario and Peach in person

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
got Revali coming from amazon so that's good

still undecided on the SMO amiibo, will probably get Bowser but I need to see Mario and Peach in person

It's such a bummer that Mario, Peach, and Bowser are the only ones we are getting so far. I would have been all in on characters like Cappy and Pauline.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, just wanted to note that the Japanese amiibo page has a more detailed list of what older amiibos do in Mario Odyssey. For example the Gold Mario one will also let you become invisible etc.
Looks like other amiibo might give you some costumes? Regular Mario seems to be one of them, along with Luigi, Diddy Kong (?? Maybe get his cap?), Dr. Mario (we saw that costume is in the game, maybe quicker unlock), WarioWare & regular Wario, and Waluigi.

Maybe for Wario & Waluigi, you can have your normal outfit be their yellow & purple colors.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Hey there! It's been a while since I stopped collecting Amiibo actively, but it's nice to see you here :D I can dig it.

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for creating this thread so quickly. I just picked up a Super Smash Bros. Link at retail price. I can't believe my luck.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Got mah Kon Tiki. I mean Chrom and Tiki. Had been taking forever to pick them up from Best Buy, lol.

Also, good job quickly porting over the OT, Diggeh!

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
^awesome custom paint on the others!

Ordered the four Zelda guardians. I don't like BOTW, but they look cool.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Hi guys! I used to be in the Amiibo Line chat but I left a while ago. I was The Broken Ska Record there.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hello friends \o
I'm Cipher Peon and I love Amiibos hehehehe
My main long term goal is to get every Smash amiibo, but my short term goal is to have every Fire Emblem amiibo. The latter of which I'm on point for :>

Here is my collection and I can't wait for amiibo tetris when I move in with my partner hehehe
Q0rS4FI.jpg

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Looking to sell my entire collection. Kidding! Good to see my fellow Amiibo enthusiasts.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Oh here's where this thread went! So much activity in this Hangouts forum that it was tough to find.

Can't wait to get those BOTW Champion Amiibos. Hopeful a reprint of that Wind Waker two-pack will surface.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot the new Zelda ones come out so soon. I need to make more room for them. I'm out of space.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Have the 4 champion amiibo lined up. I told myself I'd pretty much just stick with the 30th anniversary and BOTW amiibos

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the US thread? I recall there being a UK/EU one before too.

Either way, looking forward to my Odyssey amiibos arriving!

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Bestbuy not only got MM, but a bunch of other assorted Zelda amiibo. Saw a ton of guardians.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I know Best Buy is doing a midnight launch for Mario Odyssey tonight, but is there any word on if the amiibo will be available then too or will we have to wait for tomorrow?