• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are the new amiibos exclusive to Best Buy? Their shipping price is extraordinary and I'd much rather preorder from literally anywhere else :o

Or just take my chance at Nintendo World

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I didn't even think about it. He could be Amazon/Target exclusive, too.
Target doesn't even carry amiibo anymore. Outside of a couple old bundles the only one they have a listing for is Detective Pikachu.

GameStop will probably be the only one doing exclusives in the US anymore, because a large part of their new business model is centered around transitioning to a pop culture merch retailer. Best Buy miiiiiight pick a couple up though. Don't see Amazon bothering.

Are the new amiibos exclusive to Best Buy? Their shipping price is extraordinary and I'd much rather preorder from literally anywhere else :o

Or just take my chance at Nintendo World
Can't order in-store pick-up?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, all 3 get! I wish Amiibo were always this easy to get... I remember my days of TRU and Target lineups... Always a couple guys that showed up at 3am with lawn chairs and blankets to wait.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Im glad wolf went up too, so now I got those 3 preordered. I was a little sad with the $5 shipping with just the two, but wolf gives you free shipping. (unless that's a GCU thing?)

EDIT: OH, looks like Pearl and Marina shipped out from Best Buy. Nice!

Last edited:

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. I got Wolf and Ridley from Amazon, but Inkling Girl didn't show up. Is it possible she's Best Buy exclusive? Would we know already if that was the case?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
filledpart2575uer.png

*needs updatin* :p

The real question though, is that were Pichu, Snake, etc. officially announced? I know they mentioned Daisy for sure, but did they actually say "ALL the other characters" too??

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Pichu & Ice Climbers were given as examples of "we're gonna make amiibo on all the returning past characters"

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
got Pearl and Marina, three sitting on the hook at target

Pearl is great but Marina looks exceptional in person

just waiting on Solaire to show up....

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Quick query - trying to find the best thread on ERA to sell off a pair of extra amiibo, but the rules in the OT suggest this isn't it :-) Can someone suggest the best thread for me? Cheers!

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
WarioWare Gold's amiibo support is basically for one of the souvenirs & it's a silly sketch thing where Wario paints a crude version of the amiibo you scanned. No idea how many will work (I would assume just the core Mario ones, but I would get a kick if like all the smash bros ones worked), but nothing too big you'd be missing out on considering someone will compile them into a video.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With a heavy heart I think I'm going to be offloading my collection. It was a fun chase while it lasted.

I sent an email to the local used game shop to see if they'd take the whole lot. Fingers crossed because I have no interest in trying to piece meal 149 figures out haha.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
As far as Amiibos go, I really just want the Splatoon ones. I have BotW Zelda and Wolf Link, but also S2 Inkling Girl, Pearl, and Marina, with the Octolings on preorder and probably also getting the SSB Inkling Girl (and boy?)

They just look the best.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
As far as Amiibos go, I really just want the Splatoon ones. I have BotW Zelda and Wolf Link, but also S2 Inkling Girl, Pearl, and Marina, with the Octolings on preorder and probably also getting the SSB Inkling Girl (and boy?)

They just look the best.

You should see the Monster Hunter ones. The Splatoons are excellent, but the MonHuns are absolutely perfect. Very happy I imported (and helped in my game :p)

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
You should see the Monster Hunter ones. The Splatoons are excellent, but the MonHuns are absolutely perfect. Very happy I imported (and helped in my game :p)

Man I wish I imported these sooner. Still have a hard time finding a girl main character for my daughter when the game was finally localized.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I've restricted my collecting to just ones that are cheaper than retail in sales and ones that are out of stock usually but have come back in on the Nintendo UK site. When I fill it out some more than I'll work on the easier to get ones.

Recently grabbed Archer Link from BoTW and is definitely one of my favourites. Missed Wind Waker Link about two months ago (managed to catch Zelda) and have been gutted ever since. Was out for a walk when I saw it but lost the connection when I tried to buy. Check the UK site about twice a day for new arrivals but not caught him since. That and Toon Link are my most desired atm.

Was happy that I managed to catch both Clouds while they were in stock for 15m a few weeks back.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
WarioWare Gold's amiibo function explained more. You can only scan 3 per day because it's also a way to score extra coins to unlock more content.

Full list of amiibos supported here. Basically, no Fire Emblem, 3rd party characters, Kirby, & Pokemon.

Edit: Nevermind, here's an official list from Nintendo Europe. Select WarioWare Gold from "compatible games" & the first/top list of amiibo will give you unique portraits.

Last edited:

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Why the fuck is there not more Zelda amiibo?

Like they only made WW and BoTW Zelda's, what about OoT/TP/SS to go with the Link's?

Not to mention various Ganondorf's, Ganon, Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Zant, Yuga, ALTTP/ALBW styled Link/Zelda etc...

Like the waves they released seemed to pretty consistently sell out (at least here in Australia), and they even reprinted a bunch.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I dunno, seems like there are a metric ton of Zelda amiibos. I realize they can always make more characters but the series seems pretty well represented.

I mean if they really wanted to print money, they would just do a whole bunch of Pokemon.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I apologize if this isn't the place to post it, but I've got a couple handfuls of amiibos that I'm looking to part with. They're out of box, but I thought if anyone was interested I'd offer them here before I go to the BST thread or other routes. Not looking to scalp anyone, just want them to go to a good home as they've just sat on my shelf. If anyone's interested just shoot me a PM! I mostly have Fire Emblem and Zelda ones.

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man 11 amiibo edition was back up at GameStop

I caved.

Can't believe the amiibo edition is really going to be $60 plus tax and shipping.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
GUYS

GUYS

SIMON & RICHTER AMIIBO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3RD PARTY AMIIBOS ARE THE BEST THING

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Craaaaaap. Grew way too complacent and was just grabbing stuff when I happened to see it, and looks like I missed Wolf. How much of a pain should I expect from him? Haven't had to bother with the hunt for a while.