• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
The BoTW Champions are up on Bestbuy.com right now in an apparent restock, as is Wolf Link. Actually right now only 3/4 champions are up, the Goron one isn't up yet.

Last edited:

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally ordered a Cloud amiibo for a normal price, and... The package was lost during transport...

Seriously, why with this package of all packages?!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Got Ken & Young Link. Glad I was able to get a version of Young Link considering I could never get the Best Buy exclusive.

Also I'm now at 93 amiibo. The Smash line is gonna put me at 100 eventually with Simon, Richter, Snake, Isabelle, Pichu, Pokemon Trainer, Squirtle, & Ivysaur, then there's Dark Samus, Joker, & the other 4 DLC characters.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Cool to see the BotW Champions getting a re-release. I decided to pass on them a while back, but I'm glad to see non-Smash amiibo getting another shot. Gives me hope for some of the other ones that I never saw in stores (Wind Waker 2-pack, Poochy).

Got Ken and Young Link. Thought about WFT, passed for now, might still grab one later if they stick around. I wanted it back in the day, but I'm sure that was partly due to the scarcity. Since we're winding down on Smash I'm trying to be frugal, especially since there's still several upcoming figures I want.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Just opened my box from Best Buy. They look sooooo good, and the details is amazing now! We've come a long way from the days of Marf.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Eh, three months between releases this time instead of two. We won't see the Konami trio for a while (much less Joker). I guess they're going to be releasing these through at least 2/2020, with DLC #5.

Surprised Pokemon Trainer isn't in a three pack, too. He might be the only one I get from this batch.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
New batch is probably the group of characters I care the least about. Couldn't care less about Pokemon or Animal Crossing but yet I have to get these because....they are Smash Amiibo. Dammit.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I'm really hoping that they announce a lot of the upcoming amiibo at E3.
My GCU runs out at the end of June or July I think ;-;

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So it just hit me.

What're the chances that Joker gets a 2P variation amiibo considering he has a 2nd costume and they did it for Cloud & Bayonetta?

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot about this. I got Pichu and Pokemon Trainer but missed Isabelle. That's the first one I've missed in a very long time.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I wonder if stores actually looked at the product, remembered Animal Crossing Amiibos and ordered less of Isabelle, or if they ordered more of the other two because Pokemon, or if she's just insanely popular.

I've never really used these amiibos in Smash Bros, are they that useful that people would want the Smash Bros version for much more than collectibility?

Last edited:

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
I missed out alot of the smash amiibo when smash 4 came out because of money but now with ultimate I'm getting all of them, not really interested in isabelle as I already have the AC one but man I can't wait for Snake, Dark Samus, Joker, Belmonts and Incineroar.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I always wonder how people still keep up, I have 10 left and I only want to keep Pikachu of those because he looks cute.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I see Isabelle as "coming soon" on Best Buy, while Pichu and Pokemon Trainer are available for preorder.

I swear this happens every time I try to preorder these on BB. One is always "coming soon." Does anyone know what the deal is there?

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Surprised Dig hasn't updated the chart yet.
fQnM8SK.gif

I'm fine, just super busy. OT has been updated!

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Hmm, that's super weird. Have the UK/other countries ever gotten them in a different order than the US?

Isabelle isn't even on the UK store.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, Ivysaur looks great.

Damn...if I buy him, I have to get Trainer and Squirtle too, just to complete the set...

Oct 25, 2017
so many amiibo up for preorder or just order at best buy or gamestop i feel like we are living in a golden age

time to look at my collection and see anything i am missing that i really want (Bayo player 2 probably).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It was funny going into a Best Buy yesterday and seeing several hooks FULL of Robins and Wii Fit Trainers.