• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

Amiibo |OT| Restocked and Reloaded

Oct 25, 2017
So far I've gone on a pattern of not being able to secure 1 amiibo from each wave of Smash Ultimate before everyone else takes it:
Wave 1: Inkling
Wave 2: Piranah Plant
Wave 3: Daisy
Wave 4: Isabelle (I don't have PKMN trainer yet, they'll be on the way later this week though. Was able to grab at the last minute.)

Wonder who the fifth wave will be for me. (Oh god, if I can't get Snake.)

TechDragon Z

Oct 25, 2017
Went to my local Gamestop when I saw nothing about the Amiibo on the website. Asked the guy at the register there and he never even heard of it before. He looked it up and low and behold, it's up! Paid it off immediately. No release date, but it's definitely up in their system. I imagine it'll get a proper announcement soon-ish (unless it already had one and I missed it) and this is just prepwork which might explain why employees are even unaware of it and why it's not on their website. As for AMiibo being exclusively available through in-store pre-order? Non that I can recall, which again I think this is them just prepping for a more proper announcement... or a leak. In any case, that Gold Shovel Night is locked in for me. MINE!

The heck is this? Has there ever been an amiibo available exclusively through in-store preorder?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Went to my local Gamestop when I saw nothing about the Amiibo on the website. Asked the guy at the register there and he never even heard of it before. He looked it up and low and behold, it's up! Paid it off immediately. No release date, but it's definitely up in their system. I imagine it'll get a proper announcement soon-ish (unless it already had one and I missed it) and this is just prepwork which might explain why employees are even unaware of it and why it's not on their website. As for AMiibo being exclusively available through in-store pre-order? Non that I can recall, which again I think this is them just prepping for a more proper announcement... or a leak. In any case, that Gold Shovel Night is locked in for me. MINE!
Darn, of course this got posted after I left my local GS (they close at 8 though). I'll have to check in tomorrow.

silkysmooth

Oct 25, 2017
MM Link is up at Best Buy

Hope these aren't going to still be exclusive or I'm just going to import. I want my Links dammit

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Gold Shovel Knight is up at GS! I don't see any exclusivity on the site or packaging.

I'll add him to the OT after the Direct for the inevitable announcements/release dates.

not just because I'm at work and can't do it anyways
Uh...was this known? Or is this a surprise? I don't recall it in the Shovel Knight direct from the other day, but admittedly I wasn't paying full attention as I was at work at the time.

Also still bummed that the piranha plant amiibo was apparently released and sold out before I realized it even released in the first place.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Were any other new amiibo announced today? I know there were none in the Direct but I was just curious about the stuff afterward.

silkysmooth

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what Gold Shovel Knight does yet? Or is it like the gold armor in the Treasure Trove game and just looks nice but does nothing?

Also will take best buy preorders if i must but would prefer amazon for that sweet credit card rewards points

Red Arremer

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know what Gold Shovel Knight does yet? Or is it like the gold armor in the Treasure Trove game and just looks nice but does nothing?

Also will take best buy preorders if i must but would prefer amazon for that sweet credit card rewards points
It is literally the same as the regular Shovel Knight amiibo. Just a variant. Nothing exclusive to that one if you already own the original one. YCG said it's sort of meant to be a reprint of that one.